Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really?

I'd say that about our obsession and insistence to play so-called 'pretty' tika taka.

Besides I think Dyche could be more flexible and adaptable than Brodge.

Burnley was more like a Mickey Adams side, I wouldn’t say our style is wrong, it’s adapting to the players we have available.

second half today we pushed our back line up even though they were no match for Johnson’s pace on the break, we were relying on players like mendy, ndidi, Thomas and grunt to win the midfield battle whilst creating chances, it was a ridiculous move 

Just now, splinterdream said:

Burnley was more like a Mickey Adams side, I wouldn’t say our style is wrong, it’s adapting to the players we have available.

second half today we pushed our back line up even though they were no match for Johnson’s pace on the break, we were relying on players like mendy, ndidi, Thomas and grunt to win the midfield battle whilst creating chances, it was a ridiculous move 

Yeah, you're right.

It's very wrong.

The fact you are saying players need to adapt tells you everything wrong, why would you not play players to their strengths? Getting the best out of them? Rather than making them adapt?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

Amazing isn't it? I saw the use of 'they' (they will let us know) and thought 'wow, talk about distancing yourself'

Exactly. I think he is very prepared to be sacked, and by that, I mean he is ready with excuses why it wasn't his fault at all. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn if the relationship with him and the board/Top has broken down and Rodgers is just going through the motions until he gets sacked. Makes Top's decision not to act, even weirder. Can we really not afford a £10 million pay-off? It stings, but relegation will sting much harder! 

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I agree, I don’t see this as Rodger’s fault but I don’t think he helps, but that’s just my opinion. I have a doubt about our players fitness in games, I think Rodger’s personal battles with some players prevents him from playing the best 11 available in the best formation, and personally I’d set us up to ply attacking football as I think we will always concede, so we need to score goals, that’s where our problem lies, Vardy upfront on his own at 36 is ridiculous 

Who is in charge of their fitness, in your opinion?

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Yeah, you're right.

It's very wrong.

The fact you are saying players need to adapt tells you everything wrong, why would you not play players to their strengths? Getting the best out of them? Rather than making them adapt?

I think we are in agreement. Our style is right with the right personnel, which today we didn’t have 

20 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Do people never think that perhaps a manager likes a break before walking in to their next job?

I highly doubt Potter gets sacked at Chelsea and wants to rock up a week later to sort out our mess. 

Potter hasn’t done much given the players at his disposal to make the case for coming here. He was part of a project at Brighton with good staff and a brilliant scouting system but after Brighton first returned to the prem we used to beat them for fun home and away while Potter stood around looking like a supply teacher facing the sack 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I can only assume the senior professionals at the club are 'sounded out' by the board for some feedback.

I guess that just leaves Vardy and Albrighton now but in the past would also include Schmeichel and Morgan.

Anyways, they may be reporting that the players are fully behind BR and believe things will turn around. Hence he still being here.

...I surmise that Kasper has already had a conversation where the answer was an emphatic no!!!

Kasper got out of there very quickly and Top backed Rodgers to stay. The reason that Top could have given was, that he himself did not have full control and autonomy regarding decisions for the running of the club, due to Khun Vichai's probate not having been sorted after all this time. He could have explained that with FFP, we needed bodies going out before bringing anyone in so as not to fall foul of the regulators. After our previous brush with them, we need to do this by the book or points may be deducted.

All the comments coming from the players when asked is that Rodgers has made a difference in training and is the best coach that they have had the pleasure of working with.

There is not much likelihood, that this situation will change anytime soon.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Who is in charge of their fitness, in your opinion?

I’ve no idea, Rodger’s maybe or he may have fitness coaches, who knows. Sometimes players appear unfit because they’re over trained but I heard rumours we had little preparations over the World Cup, we played 1 game whilst some teams played several.

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I’ve no idea, Rodger’s maybe or he may have fitness coaches, who knows. Sometimes players appear unfit because they’re over trained but I heard rumours we had little preparations over the World Cup, we played 1 game whilst some teams played several.

My point is, that it is either him, or someone under him,  ergo, it is his fault.

Unequivocally

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blueharmie said:

I still think Brendan can turn this around 

:blink: 

Each to their own but i really can't see how. 

i know if he slagged me off publicly i wouldn't be giving 100% for him on a match day. 

He has made too many comments pretty much saying the players are not up to it. 

• Like 1