Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is absolutely nothing right with our style. It's disgusting and negative.

Tika Taka and Brendan ball is finished. Even Man City are struggling a bit.  

So many teams in the league are physical, play direct and work their bollocks off!! 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I agree, I don’t see this as Rodger’s fault but I don’t think he helps, but that’s just my opinion. I have a doubt about our players fitness in games, I think Rodger’s personal battles with some players prevents him from playing the best 11 available in the best formation, and personally I’d set us up to ply attacking football as I think we will always concede, so we need to score goals, that’s where our problem lies, Vardy upfront on his own at 36 is ridiculous 

Hang on a minute so you don't see this as Rodgers' fault but you admit there is a lack of fitness, disagreements with players and bizarre selection decisions? 

Edited by Silva Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can assure you we're no where near in agreement.

There is absolutely nothing right with our style. It's disgusting and negative.

It’s a bit simplistic though to say an overall style is wrong. Like is have said today I agree with you but we don’t always play with 2 defensive midfielders, what is it you think is wrong, progressive play from the back?

I made the below point about 18 months ago and I still stand by it.... He's had his time in the sun now...  He will go the way of managers like Bruce, Hughes, allardyce etc.... 

(This from last year)

in our last 32 games, we've won 12, drawn 7 and lost 12 in all competitions.... which is a 37% (ish) win rate..... Puel in 67 games had 23 wins, 18 draws and 26 loses.....

So he is roughly run rating at the Claude Puel level, but getting paid a kings ransom to play what is effectively the same style of football

his style is outdated now. virtually all teams work hard, hustle, close down.

Apparently we don't. 

We risk getting left behind if we don't make a change soon. 

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I surmise that Kasper has already had a conversation where the answer was an emphatic no!!!

Kasper got out of there very quickly and Top backed Rodgers to stay. The reason that Top could have given was, that he himself did not have full control and autonomy regarding decisions for the running of the club, due to Khun Vichai's probate not having been sorted after all this time. He could have explained that with FFP, we needed bodies going out before bringing anyone in so as not to fall foul of the regulators. After our previous brush with them, we need to do this by the book or points may be deducted.

All the comments coming from the players when asked is that Rodgers has made a difference in training and is the best coach that they have had the pleasure of working with.

There is not much likelihood, that this situation will change anytime soon.

Do you actually have any proof of this or is it all bollocks, made up by an over active imagination as usual?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He already did didn’t he? In December I seem to remember everybody on here saying he had. 

There was an article in the Telegraph just last week on our "spectacular turnaround" and how, thanks to our faith in Rodgers, we were now resurgent and fighting for success on three fronts. It was one of the most remarkable works of literature I've ever come across.

Problems all of our making. Pulling trigger on a manager in the middle of a window when we’ve done no business is a disaster - players will stall, agents push for better deals because of uncertainty etc etc etc, puts us on the back foot even further as you can bet we’ll have done nothing about lining up a replacement. Should have been heading into January with a new manager to try and remodel the squad. We’ll finish January in the bottom 3 with Rodgers still at the helm and signings that won’t really help the squad to the extent needed. 

• Sad 1