Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Cropwellfox said:

Not always easy, especially when the rot has been set in a while - Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, Pompey. Some teams manage it, others can fall hard and fast 

We will be another of these easily 

Just now, Cropwellfox said:

Not always easy, especially when the rot has been set in a while - Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, Pompey. Some teams manage it, others can fall hard and fast 

Of course, but it is possible, I mean look at Burnley, serial bouncers

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If this is the boards decision, then we go down, we clean house, we come back

The financial implications of relegation for a team that has borrowed against future Premier League earnings would be close to catastrophic. It would take many years for us to come back if  at all. If there is no money now there would be even less then. The banks could easily call in the loans and we could be facing a very dangerous financial situation.

• Like 1

Just now, reynard said:

The financial implications of relegation for a team that has borrowed against future Premier League earnings would be close to catastrophic. It would take many years for us to come back if  at all. If there is no money now there would be even less then. The banks could easily call in the loans and we could be facing a very dangerous financial situation.

That’s a fair point, not quite sure how much we leveraged against future premier league earnings tbh

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

He's not an "idiot". Not many people are actual idiots.

He's inept as he was at Celtic and Liverpool once the honeymoon period was over.

Ranieri, for all his other faults, injected belief in a massive amount and that's why we had players believing in themselves and 

that's why we had the success we had.

BR is non-inspirational and about as weak and bland as they come.

Sounds like a idiot to me 😂

If the squad was fully fit then we wouldn't be anywhere near trouble, even with Rodgers.

A manager worth Rodgers salary would adapt the style to get the best out of the players he has available, but Rodgers just plays the same sideways negative football that consistently leaks goals and creates very few chances.

Rodgers has a history of not getting the best out of players and teams don't reach their potential.  His access to elite squads paper over the cracks in his style because there's enough quality to get results most of the time.  Now the squad is severely depleted, the cracks are exposed.  He can't change!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If this is the boards decision, then we go down, we clean house, we come back

Sorry mate. Bollux.

Can you imagine the "board" whoever they are, wanting relegation with all the financial losses that comes with it. 

As with any PL club, the "board" are out to make money from their investment in whichever team they own. Don't fool yourself into believing the KP corporation are only here to see LCFC anything other than a cash cow.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t we be in more financial bother due to FFP issues from our last Championship stint? Sure I heard this some where.

Anyone that thinks relegation wouldn’t be a catastrophe and we’d bounce back, need only look at ourselves between 2004 and 2014.

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm trying to make the point of how important Maddison is to the team. Not sure what you thought I meant. 

Sorry, I agree with that, and I thought you meant he only recovered because Maddison was in good form (which may be true) but he was still one of our players

So I got the wrong end or at least a different part of the stick!

Edited by Dahnsouff

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We are below them in the table currently and have conceded 1 less goal than them

of course, but the last 5 seasons should tell you who would have the higher expectations this season

12 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

So he didn’t recover it did he? We’re two points off  the drop. 

Hmm, we had an awful start to the season, it recovered and then then World Cup happened and we were crap after, so yes, he did, but it was only once and he has to do it again which looks unlikely at the moment