Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't think that run should be anywhere near enough to justify him keeping his job at this point.

Don’t disagree,  but it’s not me that needs convincing that that run was an aberration and not a potential reoccurring thing, it’s Top, and that’s why as shite as Rodgers has become, it is Top who will carry the can ultimately.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t disagree,  but it’s not me that needs convincing that that run was an aberration and not a potential reoccurring thing, it’s Top, and that’s why as shite as Rodgers has become, it is Top who will carry the can ultimately.

Rudkin is the football director surely he can see how shite we are, a phone call to Top to say Rodgers needs to be sacked it’s not too much to ask is it?

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Rudkin is the football director surely he can see how shite we are, a phone call to Top to say Rodgers needs to be sacked it’s not too much to ask is it?

Contemporary evidence would suggest that it is far too much, yes.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...and that comes down to who!!!

I’m going to clarify things for you and others on my case. 

I think being a passing progressive side is not a bad thing to aim for, but imo Rodger’s sets us up different to how I’d set us up. 

Rodger’s believes our personnel aren’t good enough, players in todays team I’d agree with him, I don’t think Rodger’s utilises his full squad to our disadvantage as I believe we don’t always play our best 11. I think the team aren’t entirely fit probably because of either our training methods or the fact we don’t make many runs and we don’t press, this maybe because Rodger’s fears injuries and sees our players as being overworked if they do this, I don’t know, can only surmise.

I want Rodger’s sacked because I think the whole thing is stale, I think a new manager would bring a new motivation and hopefully save us but I don’t hate Rodger’s and think he has some genuine gripes. He hasn’t had any backing in the summer, a lot blame him for vesty, Bertrand and Perez but he doesn’t negotiate player fees or contracts, had he had backing in the januarys we were in the top 4, we may have got CL and we’d have been signing different options, besides, vesty (on the back of a good euros) and Bertrand a replacement as backup for Fuchs on a free weren’t bad signings, Soumare and Daka had decent stats in there roles at prior clubs.

today Barnes missed 2 sitters, but where i saw fault in our set up today was pushing up, it could be argued for those moaning about defensive style that continuing with that low block in the second half instead of pushing up could have got us some points, but this isn’t how I’d set us up with Justin, Ricardo, Maddison in the side and I don’t think Rodger’s would either. 

50 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It’s a bit simplistic though to say an overall style is wrong. Like is have said today I agree with you but we don’t always play with 2 defensive midfielders, what is it you think is wrong, progressive play from the back?

For a start, we're not progressive play from the back, we never have been and dare say we never will be. Progressive play from the back, forward, possession with purpose, attacking, exciting and free flowing - not a problem - even the best teams and best players in the world can't do that consistently. 

The big thing I get back when talking about our 'old style' is that its unsustainable, well as i've alluded to above, even for the best teams, it's unsustainable to play that way constantly, I see no different if that's the argument?

Playing out the back generally is negative. You're constantly putting yourself under pressure, it's just beyond me why you'd do it. They said it draws the opposition out, i've never heard so much BS in my life - Certainly the way we do it, camped infront of our own 18 yard box - all it does is draw the opposition onto us, pressuring us into either shitting ourselves and gifting them possession or chances, or making a mistake ourself.

People go on about long ball, route one, hoofing it is negative - i'm not saying that how I want us the play, i'm not saying that the answer, far from it, but I don't see how that is any more negative than possession based football, possession for possession sake or playing out from the back.

We must be the easiest team in the league to play against. We do half the job for the opposition.

Ultimately is boring, pointless, aimless. Why anyone would aspire to play in the nonsense style I just can't get my head around.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Be better than ‘this’ Rodgers may not be enough to keep us up with the bar being so low

Maybe not, but I've got more faith in a new manager being able to inspire enough of an improvement to keep us up than I have in either Rodgers' ability to do likewise or the club's ability to bounce back from relegation given the implications it could have on our squad and finances.

Just now, Guest said:

Maybe not, but I've got more faith in a new manager being able to inspire enough of an improvement to keep us up than I have in either Rodgers' ability to do likewise or the club's ability to bounce back from relegation given the implications it could have on our squad and finances.

I think there would be a bounce and hopefully it would be enough, but and it’s huge, they need the players back from injury or signed whoever they are.

I think the biggest issue if he does get the sack, those in charge will have no idea on who to go for.

So we'd sack the useless nob, and be in purgatory for god knows how long before a new man is identified and approached.

I have zero faith in the ownership to a) sack him anyway, and b) have any inkling on who would replace him.

We're essentially, ****ed 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

For a start, we're not progressive play from the back, we never have been and dare say we never will be. Progressive play from the back, forward, possession with purpose, attacking, exciting and free flowing - not a problem - even the best teams and best players in the world can't do that consistently and sustainably though.

Playing out the back generally is negative. You're constantly putting yourself under pressure, it's just beyond me why you'd do it. They said it draws the opposition out, i've never heard so much BS in my life - Certainly the way we do it, camped infront of our own 18 yard box - all it does is draw the opposition onto us, pressuring us into either shitting ourselves and gifting them possession or chances, or making a mistake ourself.

People go on about long ball, route one, hoofing it is negative - i'm not saying that how I want us the play, i'm not saying that the answer, far from it, but I don't see how that is any more negative than possession based football, possession for possession sake or playing out from the back.

Ultimately is boring, pointless, aimless. Why anyone would aspire to play in the nonsense style I just can't get my head around.

Puel, and to some extent Ranieri before him took us on a journey to move us on from the limited (but brilliant) style of the 15/16 side, we were getting found out, even towards the end of that title winning season that was obvious. Puel forced us into a set up similar to today but like today we didn’t have the personnel till tielemens came along., we didn’t believe Vardy got play lone striker but he could, today I’d say he couldn’t though, he’s passed it, as is Albrighton. Rodger’s took over and we were winning games playing the passing game but only when we pushed a high line, those near on top 4 season finishes we always seemed to run out of steam in the second half, and then came the injuries. 

my problem I have is we don’t pass the ball quick enough and there’s little movement off the ball, we don’t press enough either. This has been a problem for a long while imo, put that right and I think we’ll win games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Unless he stops playing players who won’t be here next season we will be relegated. Now isn’t the time for who’s the best footballer, now is the time for who gives a shit about being a Premier League footballer still next season and will fight and graft for it. 

So big Dan still gets in over soy? No thanks. 

• Like 1

The thing is loads on here slagging off the board for not getting shot of the Irish pigmy but as a fan base we’ve done next to nothing to let them know how we feel. It’s either the rest of the support aren’t as keen to get rid or that we’re all so apathetic as a fan base that we’ve got no grounds to start calling them out for not getting their fingers out. Apathy all round for me😔