Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm pretty sure the only people who want Rodgers to stay are Top and the board. I don't even blame Brendan. He wants out.

Feel the same except I’d alter the wording to I don’t entirely blame Rodger’s, he’s still made some stupid mistakes which hasn’t helped our situation, is he a top level coach though? I dunno 

He won't walk and has much as we want him gone, I guess we can't blame him for that.

BR will now know that his footballing 'stock' has declined. He'll move on eventually and probably another prem club. However, no other club will sign him up on such genouous terms again, even if he has initial success with them.

The facts are once he stamps his style and signings on a club, things start to undo.

We'll be the last club to fall for it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Do you actually have any proof of this or is it all bollocks, made up by an over active imagination as usual?

....if you get a chance you will find out that Khun Top is by no means full autonomy in running the club or KP which is still being thrashed out with his family!!!

Can't say I can get my hands on the post, I am sure it was shared on here before. The situation with Kasper I suggested was something that could have happened, it was clear it was speculation!!

Here’s the situation:

we have no money

Can’t buy any new players

new players probably don’t want to come

massive injury problem nobody good coming back soon 

some players want to leave

Barnes and Vardy lack conviction and confidence so aren’t even taking the few great chances we are creating 

we are in a slump we can’t get out of

given the problems is Rogers really cut out to solve all these problems?

can any manager solve this many problems?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Puel, and to some extent Ranieri before him took us on a journey to move us on from the limited (but brilliant) style of the 15/16 side, we were getting found out, even towards the end of that title winning season that was obvious. Puel forced us into a set up similar to today but like today we didn’t have the personnel till tielemens came along., we didn’t believe Vardy got play lone striker but he could, today I’d say he couldn’t though, he’s passed it, as is Albrighton. Rodger’s took over and we were winning games playing the passing game but only when we pushed a high line, those near on top 4 season finishes we always seemed to run out of steam in the second half, and then came the injuries. 

my problem I have is we don’t pass the ball quick enough and there’s little movement off the ball, we don’t press enough either. This has been a problem for a long while imo, put that right and I think we’ll win games. 

No no no. Nonsense, this has always been nonsense. We were never found out under Ranieri until he changed it in 2016/17, beginning with the first game against Hull. (which games in our title winning season are you referring to? Cos we had some of our biggest wins towards the end, 4-0s and 3-1s). After that we started trying possession football and THAT is when we got found out.

High pressing high tempo football has never been found out (unlike slow possession football) because it is impossible to truly stop on a consistent basis. You will always be under pressure if you are the opposition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Here’s the situation:

we have no money

Can’t buy any new players

new players probably don’t want to come

massive injury problem nobody good coming back soon 

some players want to leave

Barnes and Vardy lack conviction and confidence so aren’t even taking the few great chances we are creating 

we are in a slump we can’t get out of

given the problems is Rogers really cut out to solve all these problems?

can any manager solve this many problems?

The right Manager just sets us up so we’re solid and functional at the moment. We need to grind out results. 

We’ve shown we can do it and we’re more than capable of doing it with the players we have. 

I mean, Soyuncu, come on, what on Earth is Rodgers playing at. 

We have some good players, that have no confidence at all and it shows. A new voice needs to instill that self belief that they are capable. 

The players need to look at themselves. Who’s calling them Out on poor

Performances? We don’t have any leaders.  

I think Rodgers is unsure of how to stop the slide at the minute without additions to the squad.

Is the money available still remains to be seen.

If we look at the squad today there are 5 players who really ain’t first team starters in Ward Thomas Amartey Albrighton and Mendy… we can carry 1/2 players but not half a team.

And to add a woefully out of form Vardy Barnes and Ndidi it’s no wonder we look a car crash.

Then you look to the bench and there is nothing available who can come on and change a game.

Daka and Iheanacho are are too hit and miss at the moment to rescue anything.

I know Rodgers doesn’t help himself with some of his tactics but because of our appalling injury record this season he is working on bare bones.

Top probably isn’t going to give a temporary manager some cash to spend if they ain’t going to be here after this season if Rodgers was to get the sack.

We just look a perfect storm for Relegation, any incoming manager will still have this group of players available and the harsh reality is they just ain’t good enough.

A healthy fully fit squad we had a decent side. Take away 3/4 of our quality players and we’re distinctly average, which is what we are seeing at the moment.

Top has hoped that the Club will run itself keep the £££ coming in and not have to intervene much with all his talk of the club being self sufficient.

When I hear him speak like that it just screams to me of mediocrity, and that he wants to follow another passion as he doesn’t want to give his time and money towards the running of the Club in the long term.

I hope I am wrong with my last 2 paragraphs, and at the end of the transfer window eat humble pie with the changes or additions he makes but nothing over the last few months fills me with confidence 

• Thanks 1

Just now, steflcfc said:

I think Rodgers is unsure of how to stop the slide at the minute without additions to the squad.

Is the money available still remains to be seen.

If we look at the squad today there are 5 players who really ain’t first team starters in Ward Thomas Amartey Albrighton and Mendy… we can carry 1/2 players but not half a team.

And to add a woefully out of form Vardy Barnes and Ndidi it’s no wonder we look a car crash.

Then you look to the bench and there is nothing available who can come on and change a game.

Daka and Iheanacho are are too hit and miss at the moment to rescue anything.

I know Rodgers doesn’t help himself with some of his tactics but because of our appalling injury record this season he is working on bare bones.

Top probably isn’t going to give a temporary manager some cash to spend if they ain’t going to be here after this season if Rodgers was to get the sack.

We just look a perfect storm for Relegation, any incoming manager will still have this group of players available and the harsh reality is they just ain’t good enough.

A healthy fully fit squad we had a decent side. Take away 3/4 of our quality players and we’re distinctly average, which is what we are seeing at the moment.

Top has hoped that the Club will run itself keep the £££ coming in and not have to intervene much with all his talk of the club being self sufficient.

When I hear him speak like that it just screams to me of mediocrity, and that he wants to follow another passion as he doesn’t want to give his time and money towards the running of the Club in the long term.

I hope I am wrong with my last 2 paragraphs, and at the end of the transfer window eat humble pie with the changes or additions he makes but nothing over the last few months fills me with confidence 

Youve got Ndidi and Mendy mixed

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Sly said:

The right Manager just sets us up so we’re solid and functional at the moment. We need to grind out results. 

We’ve shown we can do it and we’re more than capable of doing it with the players we have. 

I mean, Soyuncu, come on, what on Earth is Rodgers playing at. 

We have some good players, that have no confidence at all and it shows. A new voice needs to instill that self belief that they are capable. 

The players need to look at themselves. Who’s calling them Out on poor

Performances? We don’t have any leaders.  

This is what the new bloke is doing at Southampton, although tbf they have just forked out on a new signing.

Quite simply, if we have no money for new players, you make the existing ones perform to the best of their ability.

No-one’s telling me they are performing to the best of their ability. Rodgers has killed any confidence they had.

But hey, we’re going round in circles and have been for weeks. We all know we need a change and a thousand similar posts on FT ain’t gonna make any difference.

I hope we do get relegated. I had ten on it near the start of the season at 17/1 (I looked at the squad and completely disagreed with the majority on here that it looked much good) and we need to rebuild from the bottom up anyway.

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is what the new bloke is doing at Southampton, although tbf they have just forked out on a new signing.

Quite simply, if we have no money for new players, you make the existing ones perform to the best of their ability.

No-one’s telling me they are performing to the best of their ability. Rodgers has killed any confidence they had.

But hey, we’re going round in circles and have been for weeks. We all know we need a change and a thousand similar posts on FT ain’t gonna make any difference.

I hope we do get relegated. I had ten on it near the start of the season at 17/1 (I looked at the squad and completely disagreed with the majority on here that it looked much good) and we need to rebuild from the bottom up anyway.

I’d quite like us to stay up Col and do the rebuild whilst we’re still in this league. :D

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok.

So I hear this spoke of the 15/16 style, "We were getting found out". Fair enough, i'll play the game for the purposes of a debate.

So it took the first instance of being "Found out" before we decided to change into this style, right?

How long are we persisting with the style because as far as I can see we were "Found out" years ago? Not to mention it's disgusting, boring, there's not entertainment or anything we as fans can get behind whatsoever. Let me just say this isn't a problem exclusive to Leicester City either, I know match-going fans of other teams and they're as bored and fed up of this 'One size fits all' style as we are. 

We didn't 'always run out of steam in the second halfs' - We downed tools come the turn of the year 2 seasons in a row.

You said it in your first post in this discussion - the players need to adapt. Adapt for what? To play in a style unsuited to them? Why not use them to their strengths and potential in the first place? :dunno: 

To further strengthen what i've just said you've claim it's been a problem for a long while - doesn't that tell you something?

Is there any coincidence we're in a cycle where this is quite clearly Rodgers' style, the way he see football should be played, his philosophy but when he feels like he needs a result(s) he'll change it up to be effective, play in a way we're suited to, play to the players strengths and surprise surprise we get some results, only to return to his style and philosophy, playing with his vision and the cycle continues revolving? Rinse and repeat.

You say downed tools, I say we ran out of steam but neither of us know, the players have always publicly backed Rodger’s though.

our 15/16 style relied a lot on teams playing a high line against us, but having Kante and Mahrez helped a lot, aswell as Vardy in his peak, as well as Albrighton, Huth, Simpson, Morgan, all under estimated to this day, but teams learned if they sat back and man marked mahrez we struggled, and when kante left, drinkwater had a stinker and the bullying in the box was stopped shackling Morgan and huth we needed a plan B.

my opinion is on reflection is our mistake was pushing up in the second half and allowing them space to run into, but I’d have started us like this

iverson

soyuncu

faes

amartey

albrighton

castagne

mendy 

tielemens 

perez 

nacho

daka

in a 3-5-2

• Like 1

It’s the very simple things he gets wrong. Nacho should of started against Newcastle after scoring against Gillingham. He should play 2 up front especially today. You don’t need to play Ndidi and Mendy against a relegation rival. Can’t believe I’m saying that. The 3 forwards we have aren’t capable of playing as the lone striker. Everyone can see that. Whoever takes over would see that straight away. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’d quite like us to stay up Col and do the rebuild whilst we’re still in this league. :D

I’m not sure we can mate can we?

Look at the squad now and imagine it without Maddison, Tielemans, Evans (too old), Vardy (too old) and a few others.

Our squad is rubbish mate. How do we rebuild it whilst playing against the likes of Man Utd etc every week. 
I can’t see it personally.

The club stinks. It’s like it’s been run into the ground and it needs a complete re-start.

The only hope we have is to get Maddison back on the pitch. Before the WC he was immense. It’s no coincidence we’ve become utterly dire again since he’s been out

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No no no. Nonsense, this has always been nonsense. We were never found out under Ranieri until he changed it in 2016/17, beginning with the first game against Hull. (which games in our title winning season are you referring to? Cos we had some of our biggest wins towards the end, 4-0s and 3-1s). After that we started trying possession football and THAT is when we got found out.

High pressing high tempo football has never been found out (unlike slow possession football) because it is impossible to truly stop on a consistent basis. You will always be under pressure if you are the opposition.

Well it did get found out, because teams started to set up differently. Too late to stop us, but teams sat deep and let us have the ball. Things got harder.

Call it being found out, or giving us more respect. Whatever you will, but there is no way that exact team would have returned anything close to a similar result the next season IMO. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’m not sure we can mate can we?

Look at the squad now and imagine it without Maddison, Tielemans, Evans (too old), Vardy (too old) and a few others.

Our squad is rubbish mate. How do we rebuild it whilst playing against the likes of Man Utd etc every week. 
I can’t see it personally.

The club stinks. It’s like it’s been run into the ground and it needs a complete re-start.

The only hope we have is to get Maddison back on the pitch. Before the WC he was immense. It’s no coincidence we’ve become utterly dire again since he’s been out

If we go down we are truly fvcked Col. Rebuild probably won’t even happen then. We need to stay up.