Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Guest said:

There was an article in the Telegraph just last week on our "spectacular turnaround" and how, thanks to our faith in Rodgers, we were now resurgent and fighting for success on three fronts. It was one of the most remarkable works of literature I've ever come across.

I saw the headline and couldn't bring myself to open it. It seemed abiut 6 weeks too late.

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok.

So I hear this spoke of the 15/16 style, "We were getting found out". Fair enough, I'll play the game for the purposes of a debate.

So it took the first instance of being "Found out" before we decided to change into this style, right?

How long are we persisting with this style because as far as I can see we were "Found out" years ago?

Not to mention it's disgusting, boring, there's no entertainment or anything we as fans can get behind whatsoever.

Let me just say this isn't a problem exclusive to Leicester City either, I know match-going fans of other teams and they're as bored and fed up of this 'one size fits all' style as we are. 

We didn't "always run out of steam in the second halves" - We downed tools come the turn of the year 2 seasons in a row.

You said it in your first post in this discussion - the players need to "adapt". Adapt for what? To play in a style unsuited to them? Why not use them to their strengths and potential in the first place? :dunno: 

To further strengthen what I've just said you've claim it's been a problem for a long while - doesn't that tell you something?

Is there any coincidence we're in a cycle where this is quite clearly Rodgers' style, the way he see's football should be played, his philosophy but when he feels like he needs a result(s) he'll change it up to be effective, play in a way we're suited to, play to the players strengths and surprise surprise we get some results, only to return to his style and philosophy, playing with his vision and the cycle continues revolving? Rinse and repeat.

If Rodgersball philosophy is to retain possession thus  has a minimum return not to get beat.

If we look at the table no other team has lost more games than us.

So any normal person would change and concede that the current philosophy is ineffective. 

Not this stupid deluded little t..t

Go now!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No no no. Nonsense, this has always been nonsense. We were never found out under Ranieri until he changed it in 2016/17, beginning with the first game against Hull. (which games in our title winning season are you referring to? Cos we had some of our biggest wins towards the end, 4-0s and 3-1s). After that we started trying possession football and THAT is when we got found out.

High pressing high tempo football has never been found out (unlike slow possession football) because it is impossible to truly stop on a consistent basis. You will always be under pressure if you are the opposition.

it’s my opinion and I watched the games as you did. I’ve explained what I saw and I remember many saying the same at the time, needing a plan B was always being banded about. Of course each game is different but the players on the whole weren’t comfortable with the ball or changing formation or style of play, the 16/17 season was different.

we lost kante

mahrez wanted away

drinkwater went to shit

There was a clamp down on grappling in the box which didn’t help huth and Morgan’s game.

It’s all opinions but there’s a reason the club wanted to play a more possession style football.

Just now, Fox92 said:

If we go down we are truly fvcked Col. Rebuild probably won’t even happen then. We need to stay up.

This is why I'm so surprised Rodgers is still here now. There needs to be change to give us a chance of staying up as I don't see happening under Rodgers. There's such a disconnection between fans and manager can't remember when it was this bad either so surely Top can see a change is needed when things are getting bad in the stands between the club's own supporters. 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Col, you are definitely the forum king of “I Told You So”

Tis true though mate. Look back through the threads.

I take your very kind accolade with much pleasure. A ‘forum king’ no less! Rather that than a cult member I guess 👍

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I take your very kind accolade with much pleasure. A ‘forum king’ no less! Rather than a cult member 👍

How will it feel when you collect your winnings?   

Nb: the reason we are in trouble is not the squad.... it's the managers ego.

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

If Rodgersball philosophy is to retain possession thus  has a minimum return not to get beat.

If we look at the table no other team has lost more games than us.

So any normal person would change and concede that the current philosophy is ineffective. 

Not this stupid deluded little t..t

Go now!

Agree 100%. And as for 15/16 team being found out, if Kante hadn’t gone we’d have won it again, we were that unplayable! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I take your very kind accolade with much pleasure. A ‘forum king’ no less! Rather that than a cult member I guess 👍

I’m happy to acknowledge that your psychic powers are on a par with those of Eileen Drewery 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Apologies then, I just thought you wrre doing a very good impression of someone who thought he was doing fine (or the best anyone could realistically expect him to do)

I’d be sacking the dilbert negotiating fees and contracts first, especially Rodger’s contract, then I’d remove Rodger’s for the good of the club. There’s a lot I can only guess at as a fan when it comes to Rodger’s, players fitness, players in game attitudes, player selection (due to what he sees in training), so I can blame Rodger’s for all of that at a guess but I can’t blame him for getting no signings in those January windows and this summer, and selling fofana, that is down to the club.

so should he go and take responsibility? He should go and take some responsibility imo

should the club have a good hard look at itself and take some responsibility? Damn right it should

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m not sure we can mate can we?

Look at the squad now and imagine it without Maddison, Tielemans, Evans (too old), Vardy (too old) and a few others.

Our squad is rubbish mate. How do we rebuild it whilst playing against the likes of Man Utd etc every week. 
I can’t see it personally.

The club stinks. It’s like it’s been run into the ground and it needs a complete re-start.

The only hope we have is to get Maddison back on the pitch. Before the WC he was immense. It’s no coincidence we’ve become utterly dire again since he’s been out

Over the summer? Like most clubs do... when do you think most rebuilds happen? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

it’s my opinion and I watched the games as you did. I’ve explained what I saw and I remember many saying the same at the time, needing a plan B was always being banded about. Of course each game is different but the players on the whole weren’t comfortable with the ball or changing formation or style of play, the 16/17 season was different.

we lost kante

mahrez wanted away

drinkwater went to shit

There was a clamp down on grappling in the box which didn’t help huth and Morgan’s game.

It’s all opinions but there’s a reason the club wanted to play a more possession style football.

So, when are we admitting we've been 'found out' now? Instead of persisting with it?

We were 'found out' a long time ago but we've continued with it. 

Do we not need a plan B now?

55 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rodger’s believes our personnel aren’t good enough, players in todays team I’d agree with him, I don’t think Rodger’s utilises his full squad to our disadvantage as I believe we don’t always play our best 11. I think the team aren’t entirely fit probably because of either our training methods or the fact we don’t make many runs and we don’t press, this maybe because Rodger’s fears injuries and sees our players as being overworked if they do this, I don’t know, can only surmise.

....Rodgers has stated that his teams always come strong at the end of seasons!!!

There is nothing that we have seen that backs up his boast. His Liverpool team fell at the last hurdle, 5 points ahead with 3 games to go and 3 clear goals ahead against Crystal Palace with 11 minutes to go and managing to draw the game. Liverpool ended up finishing 2 points behind the Champions.

Twice we had a lead that appeared unassailable for 4th place, and twice we failed to get over the line on the last day, not because of a lack of players, but just a weak mentality. Why you would speculate that the reason we do not "press" is that the players are over-trained when it is patently clear that it is the total opposite, we are an unfit bunch, and other teams can outwork and therefore outplay us. 

10 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Use whatever money we have for signings to sack him. I’d rather he left and have a new manager use the current squad.

Yeah if we have money to sign players, we have money to sack him. 

I genuinely think we'll get more points by sacking him than by signing someone. 

I think he's become such a toxic presence we just need rid. It doesn't matter who takes over, it can be Jonny Evans, Mike Stowell or Alan Birchenall for all I care. We just need that Shakespeare effect. Just the lifting of the general malaise and someone to let the players just get on with playing without his being around. 

Honestly think you could replace him with Michael Gove at this point and our form would improve. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How will it feel when you collect your winnings?   

Nb: the reason we are in trouble is not the squad.... it's the managers ego.

It’s always good to bet against Leicester. That way, I’m happy if we stay up, but if we go down, it softens the blow. 
I think I said last year, one of the best bets I’ve had is that we concede goals (usually over 1.5) when Amartey is in the starting line up.

The run of not conceding scuppered it a little, but generally it’s been very productive.

NB it’s not only the managers ego. The squad has run its course too. That starting 11 today was a championship side.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....Rodgers has stated that his teams always come strong at the end of seasons!!!

There is nothing that we have seen that backs up his boast. His Liverpool team fell at the last hurdle, 5 points ahead with 3 games to go and 3 clear goals ahead against Crystal Palace with 11 minutes to go and managing to draw the game. Liverpool ended up finishing 2 points behind the Champions.

Twice we had a lead that appeared unassailable for 4th place, and twice we failed to get over the line on the last day, not because of a lack of players, but just a weak mentality. Why you would speculate that the reason we do not "press" is that the players are over-trained when it is patently clear that it is the total opposite, we are an unfit bunch, and other teams can outwork and therefore outplay us. 

He’s like an abusive partner, gaslighting you 24/7, abusing you then claiming it’s not his fault, that somebody else was to blame for giving you a pasting. I bet he treats women terribly. 

• Thanks 1

Genuine question: clubs offer other clubs unwanted players all the time, do clubs ever ring other clubs to offer their manager. I'm actually being 100% serious, could / should the club be putting in calls to Leeds and Everton to offer Brendan's services? I.e. he'd be available without the need for compensation etc

....and yes, I've had a few beers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

There was an article in the Telegraph just last week on our "spectacular turnaround" and how, thanks to our faith in Rodgers, we were now resurgent and fighting for success on three fronts. It was one of the most remarkable works of literature I've ever come across.

Yes, the same journalist must also be ghosting Brendan's autobiography!

Of course everyone knew how we played in 15/16. It was obvious. They knew of Vardy's pace, of Mahrez's trickery, of Kanté's' everywhereness'. There was nothing to rumble, to find out. Doing something about it however was a different matter. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Over the summer? Like most clubs do... when do you think most rebuilds happen? 

No you’re completely right young Tom.

I forgot that we’ll suddenly have a huge war chest with which to go out and sign Premiership standard players and pay them Premiership level wages.

If that’s the plan, it’s a risky one. By then it might be too late. And where’s the money suddenly going to materialise from?