Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Col city fan said:

No you’re completely right young Tom.

I forgot that we’ll suddenly have a huge war chest with which to go out and sign Premiership standard players and pay them Premiership level wages.

If that’s the plan, it’s a risky one. By then it might be too late. And where’s the money suddenly going to materialise from?

Not what you said though was it, you implied it's impossible to do a rebuild whilst playing sides like United week in week out. Palace did a pretty good job of a rebuild without spending an obscene amount of cash

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

If Rodgersball philosophy is to retain possession thus  has a minimum return not to get beat.

If we look at the table no other team has lost more games than us.

So any normal person would change and concede that the current philosophy is ineffective. 

Not this stupid deluded little t..t

Go now!

Not been quite as simple s that though and not entirely true, some games we’ve sat back and looked to play on the break, Man City for example. The way we tried to play when Rodger’s first arrived was playing a high line and pressing from the front, we started passing it sideways when teams started sitting back and allowing us possession, we just didn’t have gifted enough creative midfielders to pass it through a low block so we’d get blocked off and pass it back. We needed a right winger,  Tielemens couldn’t carry the ball through midfield, ndidi was told to progress forwards with the ball which he couldn’t do, we had lots of joy down the flanks when Ricardo and Justin were on top form but they got injured.

I think Rodger’s needs to go all the top teams play possession based football, you just need the personnel to do it.

It isnt on Rodgers now. If he isn't sacked, this is on the board.

Also we desperately need investment. Again, not on Rodgers.

This isnt a defence of Rodgers, merely that I dont think he can turn this around. But he can't sack himself, nor is it feasible for him to walk.

Time for the board to pull its finger out. If it doesnt we will go down.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not what you said though was it, you implied it's impossible to do a rebuild whilst playing sides like United week in week out. Palace did a pretty good job of a rebuild without spending an obscene amount of cash

With a sense of huge dread….

Tom, we won’t have much of a squad will we?

Tielemans will leave for nothing. Maddison will go. Hopefully the club will just get rid of Amartey and all the others out of contract in the summer and on obscene salaries.

Vardy is past it, Evans is well past it. Soyuncu apparently wants out.

So, in your scenario, we can produce some sort of rebuild, apparently having no money to even sack the manager and remain competitive in the Premiership?

Its not impossible but you really think this is likely?

No, it could well be better to go down and start over. It wouldn’t surprise me if the club are possibly thinking along these lines anyway. Although that would imply they have some sort of plan…. Jury’s out on that one.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The amount of people on Twitter I see saying that Rodgers shoulders “NONE of the blame”, I repeat, “NONE of the blame”,  is quite scary. 

I think a lot of our fans were desperate to believe that we were on our way to becoming a top club and that Rodgers was the one to do it. So they overlooked the terrible signings, the consistently large injury list and the complete collapse in form in the late stages in the league as they didn't want to see the underlying frailties that were appearing. We were Leicester City after all and we'd just finished in the European spots and won the FA cup and we just needed some perspective as we were in League one ten year ago

Those of us without our blinkers on could see that the mental weakness that Rodgers was slowly instilling into our squad as well as his squad building, slow and ponderous tactics and his approach to managing injuries would end with us in trouble sooner or later. As a fanbase we got cocky and thought that continual improvement was inevitable rather than a by product of having an environment where we would always try our best as a club and team no matter where we were supposed to be. Now that the illusion of Brendan Rodgers taking us to the top is falling apart they're going round trying to point blame at everyone other than him because they've been defending him mindlessly for years and Rodgers being the problem would be an indictment on themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

So, when are we admitting we've been 'found out' now? Instead of persisting with it?

We were 'found out' a long time ago but we've continued with it. 

Do we not need a plan B now?

We played the low block with 2 DMs against forest, I think that’s admitting we can’t play football, they had the majority of possession in the first half and we should have scored twice and we have resorted to Danny Ward hoofing it on many occasion, what would you have done differently today? We have to face a few facts, some players out there today should not be playing in the first 11.

12 minutes ago, taupe said:

Of course everyone knew how we played in 15/16. It was obvious. They knew of Vardy's pace, of Mahrez's trickery, of Kanté's' everywhereness'. There was nothing to rumble, to find out. Doing something about it however was a different matter. 

...the "problem" was that we were playing on the counter, very effectively too!!!

What happened when the opposition sat back and did not come on to us, that was where we began to struggle, and we then sought to transition into a team that could deal with both situations, playing on the counter or getting on the front foot and breaking teams down. Breaking teams down required moving a defensive backline around and looking after the ball, a possession game. We were not so proficient playing in that way and the focus became how we can do it better as opposed to getting in players to play on the counter and having players with the ingenuity to unlock a defence.

We lost our way, we are better playing on the front foot and pretty much a team that can play on the counter, we just needed better players at the time, not a new way of playing the game.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

£192k he's 'earned' this week.....for that today.

Not exactly ‘value for money’ eh?

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The amount of people on Twitter I see saying that Rodgers shoulders “NONE of the blame”, I repeat, “NONE of the blame”,  is quite scary. 

People use it against him as a cheap shot despite the fact he has took responsibility many times including today where he said “it’s my responsibility, always the managers”.

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Rodgers has stated that his teams always come strong at the end of seasons!!!

There is nothing that we have seen that backs up his boast. His Liverpool team fell at the last hurdle, 5 points ahead with 3 games to go and 3 clear goals ahead against Crystal Palace with 11 minutes to go and managing to draw the game. Liverpool ended up finishing 2 points behind the Champions.

Twice we had a lead that appeared unassailable for 4th place, and twice we failed to get over the line on the last day, not because of a lack of players, but just a weak mentality. Why you would speculate that the reason we do not "press" is that the players are over-trained when it is patently clear that it is the total opposite, we are an unfit bunch, and other teams can outwork and therefore outplay us. 

I’m sorry I disagree entirely, both those seasons we needed signings in January, I remember the discussions, I remember my own opinions, we need a creative midfielder to play with tielemens and break teams down and a striker, we’d huff and puff in the first half and couldn’t finish, and then concede it the second half and go to pieces.

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

£192k he's 'earned' this week.....for that today.

Blame the board for giving it him. Not gonna reject it is he.

How much of the pathetic players earned for yet another shit performance? They’re  just as bad the *****

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

All our downfall points to Rodgers and his coaching staff, signings that haven't delivered and players that lost confidence and form. Even if you consider the good times this could merely be that the player were still playing to system they understood, it's like Rodgers has sucked the life out of the team, a good manager would be able to get best out of his side, no matter who that squad is. Just get rid of him, even if he could turn it round, it would be another two seasons, he has had long enough and we are back to where we started when he arrived. Need a new manager with new ideas and restore the confidence in the team. While he remains at the club I have no interest in the club cause it has become to painful to watch and having to listen to him making the same smug excuses after every game.

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well that would be believable if he’d not thrown the players and the club under the bus on seemingly a weekly basis to excuse his own failings. 

No I agree with that but he also has said it. People just don’t wanna hear it.

Literally said it post match today.

Not that it changes my opinion, I still want him to go.

Edited by Fox92

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the "problem" was that we were playing on the counter, very effectively too!!!

What happened when the opposition sat back and did not come on to us, that was where we began to struggle, and we then sought to transition into a team that could deal with both situations, playing on the counter or getting on the front foot and breaking teams down. Breaking teams down required moving a defensive backline around and looking after the ball, a possession game. We were not so proficient playing in that way and the focus became how we can do it better as opposed to getting in players to play on the counter and having players with the ingenuity to unlock a defence.

We lost our way, we are better playing on the front foot and pretty much a team that can play on the counter, we just needed better players at the time, not a new way of playing the game.

We were trying to be able to play whatever style was best against the opposition we faced as well as rotating players to play in Europe, we were trying to compete with the big boys, and we now know a club with the revenue we have can’t do it. We tried to attract the best talents with contacts beyond our means and now we’re paying the price,it may have been different if not for covid but here we are.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No I agree with that but he also has said it. People just don’t wanna hear it.

Literally said it post match today.

Not that it changes my opinion, I still want him to go.

They heard it if they listened, they just don’t believe it’s sincere.