Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Blame the board for giving it him. Not gonna reject it is he.

How much of the pathetic players earned for yet another shit performance? They’re  just as bad the *****

Don't disagree 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...under Ranieri it was playing on the counter, he tried to evolve our game and it went downhill!!!

Shakespeare to it back to basic, playing on the counter and when he went, Puel sought to play a possession game where the personnel was not suited to do so. Rodgers's initial style was for us to play on the front foot and maintain a high line. That suited our team and we excelled. As soon as our position was then perceived as something we needed to protect, we began to play a more circumspect type of game, where possession became a factor and we lost all rhythm and caution became the byword for Rodgers. As soon as Rodgers goes cautious he transfers an element of fear to his team, they then struggle to function and everything falls apart.

You are correct, I said all of this on an earlier post except between those periods we brought in players to help us evolve from the 15/16 side which a lot of the players weren’t comfortable on the ball. Maguire, Tielemens, Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Maddison, ball players, I just think we’ve always been short of creative attacking midfielders and a striker who can replace Vardy. Perez was supposed to fill a huge hole but it just didn’t work out, lookman was really decent but better on the left, 8 wish we’d signed him although some on here said he wasn’t good enough.

I genuinely wish that Rodgers could turn this around, but sadly he doesn't seem to have the ideas or the motivation.

I don't like chopping and changing managers, but we need some self preservation and I would take any change including Dyche at this point.

Thanks for everything you've done Brendan, but we MUST preserve our Premier League status at all costs.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

You're right. I don't wanna hear it.

Just like I don't wanna hear how we lack aggression or need to pass the ball quicker, the frustration and disappointment, how we should've gone on to be better, going away and looking at things, or need more quality, intensity or stronger mentality.

Every press conference, after every game. Every. Fucking. Week.

What do want to hear (or more importantly, see) is what he proposes to do about these things - Well, that's a lie really, I don't, because I want him gone, but that's besides the point, he's gone on about the things for far too long, he won't and can't do anything about those things.

yes like when he was asked about our defending at set pieces he said we lacked the “right profile of player.” What kind of an answer is that when you’ve been in charge for three seasons …? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The amount of people on Twitter I see saying that Rodgers shoulders “NONE of the blame”, I repeat, “NONE of the blame”,  is quite scary. 

The most concerning thing is that I don't think it is vastly different from how the board assess it. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's here until we get relegated.

What a shit show our club is now.

I doubt it. He won’t want to tarnish his brand with a relegation on his cv. He’ll walk when all is just about lost.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Here’s the situation:

we have no money

Can’t buy any new players

new players probably don’t want to come

massive injury problem nobody good coming back soon 

some players want to leave

Barnes and Vardy lack conviction and confidence so aren’t even taking the few great chances we are creating 

we are in a slump we can’t get out of

given the problems is Rogers really cut out to solve all these problems?

can any manager solve this many problems?

...it mostly comes down to one element!!!

Here’s the situation:

we have no money - that is not true, we have money, FFP was the issue in the summer

Can’t buy any new players -Yes we can, the manager has said so and there are rumors regarding players we are looking to bring in.

new players probably don’t want to come - .hard to comment on that, but there is a player said to be agitating to come and play for us.

massive injury problem nobody good coming back soon - that is a sad situation, this squad is more than capable when fit.

some players want to leave - true, Tielemans, Praet, Soyuncu, and Perez all rumoured to be looking at pastures new.

Barnes and Vardy lack conviction and confidence so aren’t even taking the few great chances we are creating - Barnes's misses today were poor, Vardy getting intermittent service does not get him into a rhythm, and needs to be playing game after game for the match sharpness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I doubt it. He won’t want to tarnish his brand with a relegation on his cv. He’ll walk when all is just about lost.

His brand will be fine. His narrative has been woven and it has been lapped up. 

No doubt BR’s behaviours and limitations have led us to this moment, more his near constant blame shifting and negativity than coaching ability, but it’s way beyond that now for me. He’s not capable of turning this round, so I’d say from this point on the blame is with the ownership and senior management team. For those expecting him to walk, why would you… 

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it mostly comes down to one element!!!

Here’s the situation:

we have no money - that is not true, we have money, FFP was the issue in the summer

Can’t buy any new players -Yes we can, the manager has said so and there are rumors regarding players we are looking to bring in.

new players probably don’t want to come - .hard to comment on that, but there is a player said to be agitating to come and play for us.

massive injury problem nobody good coming back soon - that is a sad situation, this squad is more than capable when fit.

some players want to leave - true, Tielemans, Praet, Soyuncu, and Perez all rumoured to be looking at pastures new.

Barnes and Vardy lack conviction and confidence so aren’t even taking the few great chances we are creating - Barnes's misses today were poor, Vardy getting intermittent service does not get him into a rhythm, and needs to be playing game after game for the match sharpness.

Weren’t we told in the summer we faced fines if we were to qualify for Europe so had to be careful of FFP? That’s clearly not an issue now. 

Then we were told we had to improve our revenue to compete with other teams with regards to wages. I seen something the other day to say we were in the top 20 clubs in the world when it comes to revenue. Again that shouldn’t be an issue.

Something doesn’t add up.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People use it against him as a cheap shot despite the fact he has took responsibility many times including today where he said “it’s my responsibility, always the managers”.

...it is a bit like Boris, he became "humbled" when it was clear that what he had said was another lie!!!

Stating that he was unaware of another member's past impropriety only to find someone who comes forward to say that he was briefed in person regarding the said individual. Of course, he is going to say I take responsibility (he doesn't) but it looks good to come out and say so.

The strange thing is people believe that he means it, and all is well, you look at what the person does, in comparison to what they say.

His post match comments, please get rid Top.

Asked whether they were in a relegation battle, the Northern Irishman replied: “Absolutely, let’s not pretend we’re not.

This is a long season. I have to be honest, if you look at our form and where we are then of course it is a worry.

“But there is still so many games to go and if we can get back the players that gives an extra dimension to our team then we can push on again. But at the moment with what we’ve got is a real challenge.

“It is just the same as what we were earlier in the season. I think before a ball was kicked I told everyone it was going to be a tough season.

“The Premier League is very competitive, you see Southampton the other night beating Manchester City (in the Carabao Cup), it is very competitive.