Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Puel was sacked for three straight defeat plus we were not in a relegation zone. Strange Rodgers on a worser run and not sacked. 

Our fall from grace wasn't from Champions League contenders either. He's definitely on an overdraft!!!

Edited by TK95

1 hour ago, moseeds said:

I don't think the club can afford to pay off Rodgers. We're stuck with him. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and be totally wrong but it does fee like we're holding Rodgers hostage and Rodgers is holding us hostage. The players don't want to be here but then nobody else wants them. Nobody wants this situation we're in but the contract was signed and you have to honour it. Everybody is trapped.

Reminds me of the Reservoir Dogs 3-way shoot-out scene.

reservoir-dogs-3.jpg

And that's us fans being played by Tim Roth lying in a pool of blood and dying. lol

• Haha 4

Despite the club having a sustainability model of selling a star name each summer, this summers recruitment was jaw dropping ly abysmal, un-competitive and embarrassing for anyone connected to the club. Youri didn’t go so model  breaks.

Not retaining or replacing Lookman was inexcusable, yes man for man Praet returned but as a goal and assist contributor we’re a man down before a balls kicked, the worst window of all 20 clubs and surprise surprise we’re struggling. Pretending we wanted Wes to stay whilst knowing we couldn’t afford him to stay, Rodgers has not had the backing he needed last summer regardless of how many poor transfers the previous year, if you stand still you move backwards, we didn’t just stand still we moved further backwards. 
I find his non-substitution protests such as Brentford in-excusable to anyone who had paid for a ticket, the solution was to quit in August in disgust at backing, we all know why he wouldn’t do that. 

Edited by fazzyfox

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Just another way of him distancing himself from the club. He is 100% prepared with his list of excuses of why he isn't to blame when he gets sacked. 

He knows his reputation is taking a kicking right now and I genuinely believe he would be quite relieved to get the sack, so he could get on with the PR campaign of blaming everything else, apart from himself. 

Thought the same when I read it....smacks of 'well I didn't buy him'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernieboots76 said:

Rodgers post match 

On transfer in January: "We shall see, if the club wants to sign someone, then they will let us know."

Another great comment from the manager how involved is he in transfers?

He'd previously said he'd spent an hour with Glover so he'll know exactly whether they want to sign anyone, who they are and what the current position is. He'd also previously said he has a big say in things. To hint that he doesn't know or has had no say at all is yet another fork tongued distancing from any problems. 

In fairness, it's a notoriously bad time to buy in the main and like any time, you can't buy what someone won't sell, or who doesn't want to come. The latter is particularly pertinent due to where we sit in the table and seemingly in disarray, not really an attractive proposition to players and agents is it with also the spectre of the manager possibly being sacked looming. Neither does the latter inspire any confidence to a potential newcomer the way he blames players and club. Would you currently, if you had any ambition, want to sign for us?

• Like 2

It would make no difference, but this season if Rodgers admitted we were crap,chased our failures and tried to change it with basic descisions…

# Amartey ( love him but..!! ) Since fit, Rodgers must play Soyuncu.

# We need 2 up front..
# I don’t think Nacho is the answer,but the other set ups ain’t working,so he   deserves to be selected,for 4-6 games, then decide Daka/Vardy/Barnes

#Bring in 2 attacking Academy players.

# Give Braybrooke his chance, he might give more fight & spirit like KDH

# Dont ask players,like Praet/Ayroz to fill gaps ,play them in their best positions.

#Try Barnes inside supporting CF (whoever), he did well at WBA  in the inside   channels..He’s no good defending..

# Ndidi from the Bench, Mendy our first choice DM..

# push Tielemans up..

# Braybrooke/Praet / KDH ( if fit) can play in Tielemans (present) Role

# put Amartey at RB, then Soyu,Faes,Castagna..

# or play just back 3..

## just try something different,different approach with new blood…

## Then stick to it..!

##+ Maddison, KDH come in when fit..see 2nd choice..
+ if one prefers back 4. then Tielemans either on bench,or instead of Praet.

Iverson

(Brunt)+  Soyuncu. Faes…..Castagna

Mendy

Braybrooke Praet.  McAteer

Tielemans

Nacho  Barnes

——————————————

##+

Iverson

(Brunt)+   Soyuncu Faes Castagna

Mendy

Braybrooke  Praet. KDH

Maddison

Nacho Barnes/Mcateer

+ then Praet fallsback as sub..

At present Rodgers brain is an unmovable blob…

That is what has suprised me, I thought his strength was his

flexability and try new things & young players…

Then give his players more freedom to play on the front foot,it’s not just

changing players one for one,but attitude,aptitude & approach need to change also…If relegation ,though I believe with the above we won’t..

but if, then Go down at least bloody fighting..!!

& with some youngsters ready to fight another day.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bernieboots76 said:

Rodgers post match 

On transfer in January: "We shall see, if the club wants to sign someone, then they will let us know."

Another great comment from the manager how involved is he in transfers?

...very, he was shouting it from the roof that no player comes into the club without his approval!!!

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Puel was sacked for three straight defeat plus we were not in a relegation zone. Strange Rodgers on a worser run and not sacked. 

It was rumoured that A couple of the senior players went to the owners and warned them that Puel was toxic and dragging the club down .

there are no big dogs at the club for Rodgers to worry about now . KS has gone , JV no longer a force 

5 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Weren’t we told in the summer we faced fines if we were to qualify for Europe so had to be careful of FFP? That’s clearly not an issue now. 

Then we were told we had to improve our revenue to compete with other teams with regards to wages. I seen something the other day to say we were in the top 20 clubs in the world when it comes to revenue. Again that shouldn’t be an issue.

Something doesn’t add up.  

.. I  am not sure it was regarding revenue, more like the value of the club!!!

The value is said to be between  £428m. - £467m.

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He'd previously said he'd spent an hour with Glover so he'll know exactly whether they want to sign anyone, who they are and what the current position is. He'd also previously said he has a big say in things. To hint that he doesn't know or has had no say at all is yet another fork tongued distancing from any problems. 

In fairness, it's a notoriously bad time to buy in the main and like any time, you can't buy what someone won't sell, or who doesn't want to come. The latter is particularly pertinent due to where we sit in the table and seemingly in disarray, not really an attractive proposition to players and agents is it with also the spectre of the manager possibly being sacked looming. Neither does the latter inspire any confidence to a potential newcomer the way he blames players and club. Would you currently, if you had any ambition, want to sign for us?

Though I partly agree,and sympathise on those feelings expressed,but

Players sign for trillions of reasons, foreign players because they want a foot into

the English game,( Faes) players from within the 4 English league setup,they want to lift or change career path ( Vestergaard-Bertrand) We have seen fellow strugglers and relegated teams sign new players..

We need freshmeat, new-blood an Adenhelin-push, for squad and the terraces.

Plus since Rodgers has been here, including other PL managers, say quite fervently,they are responsible „pitch side“ and like to have a say to be involved in transfers but mainly comings & goings are in the hands of others „recruitment“

Why fans still insist that managers/coaches have a big say is only to keep their own agenda going…They the managers have No descision responsibility,scouting,even choice on transfers-incoming…

How many examples do the fans want,to get   it through their thick skulls…

Pearson,Ranieri,Puel, now Rodgers…zilch..

Examples..Manutd,L‘pool,Burnley,Man.City,Forest,A.Villa,Everton..

Of course they will take the plaudits on the good transfers,because it’s in „their tenure and chosen  close- management selection team“, which again is only half true…Club & long sitting recruitment team, have the say..Glover,Congerton work(ed) closer to club and management, even when at times suggestions will be made,also obviously then discuss with tenured-manager..

Good transfers / discovered- developed players look good on their CVS. Only the latter really count…So Barnes demise, Thomas open,Maddison ,KDH positives even Soyuncu demise most likely on his watch.

Team development crap,on his watch..,discuss, & debate these failings,not the transfers…

A secondary point, all our Belgium-Pralines, are not really that choice from the box.

Castagne, the only fair go to,has dips in form but one to keep to.

Praets injuries threw his career out of sync,once quite a strong choice,but trying to work his way back in a melting box of chocolates, but no game changer..

Faes see if the new flavour can, work our tastebuds, with a new presentation.

> season & manager<

Tielemans…I really don’t know, He ain’t going into a superior selection,might prefer to stay,or look for a better spread choice,leaves that badtaste in the mouth recently. Though his handling of the contract,was correct,I have there no bad feelings toward.Still could either away, or at Leicester have a positive turn.

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Though I partly agree,and sympathise on those feelings expressed,but

Players sign for trillions of reasons, foreign players because they want a foot into

the English game,( Faes) players from within the 4 English league setup,they want to lift or change career path ( Vestergaard-Bertrand) We have seen fellow strugglers and relegated teams sign new players..

We need freshmeat, new-blood an Adenhelin-push, for squad and the terraces.

Plus since Rodgers has been here, including other PL managers, say quite fervently,they are responsible „pitch side“ and like to have a say to be involved in transfers but mainly comings & goings are in the hands of others „recruitment“

Why fans still insist that managers/coaches have a big say is only to keep their own agenda going…They the managers have No descision responsibility,scouting,even choice on transfers-incoming…

How many examples do the fans want,to get   it through their thick skulls…

Pearson,Ranieri,Puel, now Rodgers…zilch..

Examples..Manutd,L‘pool,Burnley,Man.City,Forest,A.Villa,Everton..

Of course they will take the plaudits on the good transfers,because it’s in „their tenure and chosen  close- management selection team“, which again is only half true…Club & long sitting recruitment team, have the say..Glover,Congerton work(ed) closer to club and management, even when at times suggestions will be made,also obviously then discuss with tenured-manager..

Good transfers / discovered- developed players look good on their CVS. Only the latter really count…So Barnes demise, Thomas open,Maddison ,KDH positives even Soyuncu demise most likely on his watch.

Team development crap,on his watch..,discuss, & debate these failings,not the transfers…

A secondary point, all our Belgium-Pralines, are not really that choice from the box.

Castagne, the only fair go to,has dips in form but one to keep to.

Praets injuries threw his career out of sync,once quite a strong choice,but trying to work his way back in a melting box of chocolates, but no game changer..

Faes see if the new flavour can, work our tastebuds, with a new presentation.

> season & manager<

Tielemans…I really don’t know, He ain’t going into a superior selection,might prefer to stay,or look for a better spread choice,leaves that badtaste in the mouth recently. Though his handling of the contract,was correct,I have there no bad feelings toward.Still could either away, or at Leicester have a positive turn.

.. he stated no one comes into the club without  his approval!!!

The quote is on here somewhere, it seems that people read it but have chosen to forget it.

He should have been sacked after the Brighton game, just after the last transfer window shut. He said we needed a big refresh after the last debacle at Notts Forest in the Cup. (A warning of things to come if ever there was one!) He was right, we did need a big refresh. Knowing what we know now, we had no money to invest for the big refresh, so if you can't refresh the players  then the best way to refresh, is to change the manager.  The problem doing it before the start of this season, was going to be attracting a high quality manager, after telling him he would have no money to spend in the summer, so sticking with Rodgers would have been deemed preferable, and in the hope that all would be well.  Well of course it hasn't been, and by the time we got spanked at Brighton, and the summmer window had shut, we had 1 point, and had just lost 5 league games on the bounce, and needed pens to get by Stockport in the league Cup.  That is when he should have been sacked, and a refresh of sorts implemented. It would have given a new manager plenty of time to stamp his personality and way of playing on to the players. Everyone with a clean slate and something to prove, and those who were frozen out, given another chance to impress. We seemingly have now found some money to invest this transfer window, whether that be only the Fofana money or a little more besides we don't know, but the fact we have some to spend would have meant that we could have enticed a decent manager here with the promise of funds for him to bring new players in, in the January window. The damage that has been done by those at the top sitting on there hands, may well be irreparable this season. There is so much wrong at the club its ridiculous. The under 18s rock bottom of their league, the under 21s bottom but one of their league, and the ladies bottom and destined to go back down, and dont even start me on how we seem to get so many injures every season these days! It's an absolute shambles. It feels like those running the club have taken their eye off the ball, closed their eyes, and stuck their fingers in their ears, so they don't see and hear the reality of how shockingly bad it has got!

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  am not sure it was regarding revenue, more like the value of the club!!!

The value is said to be between  £428m. - £467m.

Newcastle were sold for around £330m

Our assets have dwindled in value fast and we wouldn’t be worth much more than that now 

but our owners would expect £450m - so I simply couldn’t see a sale going through until it was too late and we had almost become a fire sale cos we’d been relegated and/or KP needed the money