Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

When…??

His BFF from Celtic was our Head of Recruitment for years so of course Rodgers had more than his say.

The reason he’s crying so much in the media at the minute is because the club has taken that aspect of control away from him and he’s throwing a tantrum about it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s clueless, not interested and going through the motions at LCFC, this is all on Top imo, if Top doesn’t act he’s more to blame than Rodgers.

That is how I feel too. BR did a great job when he first came but he is sucking the life out of the club. One rocky patch is just about okay, two, where we are two points outside the relegation zone, is unacceptable

This is on Top and the board now.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

That is how I feel too. BR did a great job when he first came but he is sucking the life out of the club. One rocky patch is just about okay, two, where we are two points outside the relegation zone, is unacceptable

This is on Top and the board now.

Losing 6 premier league games on the bounce and now 4 premier league games on the bounce is not acceptable for the majority of clubs In the premier league so why should it be acceptable to LCFC, have our standards really fallen? Rodgers talked about Top 10 , no chance of that happening with him in charge. Top needs to sack him pronto.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bernieboots76 said:

Rodgers post match 

On transfer in January: "We shall see, if the club wants to sign someone, then they will let us know."

Another great comment from the manager how involved is he in transfers?

He should be no where near transfers him and Congerton’s oversight were in part why we’re where we are now. 

But he is highlighting where the club is failing, zero communication and action. We need players in now the dilemma is we also need him sacking but this will make it harder to bring players in - the club need to make the important decisions he can’t make and they’re failing. 

The club is a mess and leaderless. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moseeds said:

I don't think the club can afford to pay off Rodgers. We're stuck with him. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and be totally wrong but it does fee like we're holding Rodgers hostage and Rodgers is holding us hostage. The players don't want to be here but then nobody else wants them. Nobody wants this situation we're in but the contract was signed and you have to honour it. Everybody is trapped.

Reminds me of the Reservoir Dogs 3-way shoot-out scene.

reservoir-dogs-3.jpg

Can someone please explain to me why we wouldn’t be able to afford to sack him? This claim always seems bizarre to me and genuinely doesn’t make any sense for a number of reasons…

1. If we did sack him, whatever he would be due in compensation, it could not be more than what he is actually paid now. We can afford to continue pay him as things stand at the risk of relegation, so why wouldn’t we be able to afford to sack him? At most, it makes no difference to our outgoings and reduces the risk of relegation. At best, we negotiated a compensation package which is considerably less than the amount he would receive if he saw his contract out. Either way, his contract would’ve been budgeted for. If we can’t afford to sack him, then how can we afford to continue to pay him? 

2. As a few have mentioned, the club took out a loan (£45m?) against the money which is due to come in for the Fofana sale. Yes, we do need a couple of fresh faces but do people honestly think that these signings will make the difference long term with Rodgers around. If anything, they might make an initial impact before Rodgers grinds them down a la Faes. Surely his compensation isn’t more than £45m. You’d like to think that we could afford to sack him and bring a player in on loan at the very least with that kind of money. Especially if we loan a player out or sell a few academy players like Brunt. If we really have taken out a loan of that much then we should be able to find a way to sack him, if we can’t then the clubs finances must be in dire straits if it was necessary for the day-to-day running of the club. Surely things are not that bad.

3. Let’s presuppose for some reason that we have just enough to sack him but not enough to bring anyone else in on an interim contract. Besides the fact that this situation would be an awful indictment of how we are being run, I would still prefer literally any other football person on the books at the club to take over. Hell, give it to Knudsen for all I care - whoever takes over cannot do any worse and again, this would not cost the club any more in wages. 

Is there anything I’m forgetting? Barring an extreme situation where the club really has been mismanaged into its grave, there should be funds available to make a change. Anger needs to be directed at the manager and board more than ever.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Not impressed that my Topic about the Board of directors at LCFC got deleted.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06443209/officers

Here are the officers (directors), surely we can raise concerns re LCFC and Rodgers 

Why was your topic about the board deleted??

Just now, CyprusFox said:

Why was your topic about the board deleted??

No idea! It’s hardly that I was posting sensitive information? , the information about the board is public you can see their names when they joined on Companies House.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

No idea! It’s hardly that I was posting sensitive information? , the information about the board is public you can see their names when they joined on Companies House.

I know, I just looked. Says Rudders occupation is academy coach. If only🤔

See, still not sacked we all knew we would loose against forest.

We can't afford to pay him off it's a simple as that.

Was mentioned 18million pay off on bein sports yesterday 

We have massive problems financially I would say and going down would cripple us 

But take no action and this is where we are.

Just sack the **** 

11 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Can someone please explain to me why we wouldn’t be able to afford to sack him? This claim always seems bizarre to me and genuinely doesn’t make any sense for a number of reasons…

We can afford to sack him. However, it still appears that Top sees Rodgers as the man to take the project forward. With any decision like this, the finances will be a consideration, and if Top still believes in Rodgers then I am sure he will be saying that the money paid to remove something he believes in isn't a good deal for the club. Feels like the board aren't aligned on the project or the man in charge.

Listened to Five live this morning. All news about Man U and Klopp. Not even a murmur about us being in the poo. 

Just now, Matt said:

He could walk if it's that bad for him.

Fair point. 

I mean for more the stick and blame he gets, that I’m guessing he insulates himself from. He certainly shares some blame for our situation but we have been so badly run there isn’t a coach out there who could keep us close to where we were 3 or so years ago. 

8 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

See, still not sacked we all knew we would loose against forest.

We can't afford to pay him off it's a simple as that.

Was mentioned 18million pay off on bein sports yesterday 

We have massive problems financially I would say and going down would cripple us 

But take no action and this is where we are.

Just sack the **** 

The pay off may be huge but could probably be negotiated over a number of years.  

I really never understand why people like him in positions where they are basically doing a crap job can't simply be sacked without a pay off. I have a contract at work but if I wasn't doing my job properly I'd be sacked and I wouldn't get any compensation.

Not just football managers but CEOs who just get on the merry go round of mediocrity. I realise it is all about contracts but really so many high up people do crap jobs and get rewarded for it.

He simply has to go and go now. We're running out of matches and even if the grass turns out not to be greener we at least have to give ourselves the chance to see if it is.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We could easily lose the next 5 games. 

Next ten with him in charge. In fact right now I'm not sure where the next point is coming from. Especially if we don't sign 3 or4 players and get some of our injured players back.

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We could easily lose the next 5 games. 

Looking at the fixture list and the way we are playing, I wouldn’t be shocked if we didn’t take another point until Bournemouth on 8th April, and even then a draw would be a good result on form. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Fair point. 

I mean for more the stick and blame he gets, that I’m guessing he insulates himself from. He certainly shares some blame for our situation but we have been so badly run there isn’t a coach out there who could keep us close to where we were 3 or so years ago. 

Couple of things - he doesn’t really get too much stick, he’s been given a relatively easy ride in my opinion. There was 100 at best vocal yesterday chanting ‘we want Rodgers out’

I count myself as one last season that thought our position in the table was about right and that area of the table is exactly where we should be. I’ve turned against him not because I believe a manager should be having us 4th in the table because I believe Leicester this season shouldn’t be in a relegation scrap. 

I’ll repeat this until the cows come home - we’ve had unbelievable few years and now we are in the process of through all that hard work away. Decisive action is needed rather than just letting this all play on 

9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Been Rodgers out for best part of 2 years but I genuinely have begun to feel sorry for him. That is how bad it is has got. We are being run into the ground. 

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. One the highest paid managers in the league, plus if they do decide to sack him, he gets millions of pounds for being bad at his job! On a human level it's never nice to see people in difficult situations getting abuse, but I'd certainly swap places with him and know my family is financially secure for a couple of generations. 

I think we need to get used to BR he is going nowhere, the board and Top have made that obvious.

We are the only Premiere  league team to allow this rot, no other team paying the wages we do to manager and players would put up with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Couple of things - he doesn’t really get too much stick, he’s been given a relatively easy ride in my opinion. There was 100 at best vocal yesterday chanting ‘we want Rodgers out’

I count myself as one last season that thought our position in the table was about right and that area of the table is exactly where we should be. I’ve turned against him not because I believe a manager should be having us 4th in the table because I believe Leicester this season shouldn’t be in a relegation scrap. 

I’ll repeat this until the cows come home - we’ve had unbelievable few years and now we are in the process of through all that hard work away. Decisive action is needed rather than just letting this all play on 

We had a once in a lifetime (probably once ever) opportunity to establish ourselves as a club that could fight for Europe and we have thrown it all away. The coach isn’t to blame for that imo. Should he go? Yes, as I said, I would have let him go ~2 years ago. 

The things ultimately to blame and that need to change fast (the decision making of the board and owners), are not things that are easily or quickly changed.

I genuinely think we will go down, and am just praying the finances aren’t so bad that we cease to exist. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1