Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I just read in The Sunday Times that Steve Cooper motivated his players by showing them a video of their fans singing passionately despite a defeat at Leicester, whilst Rodgers showed his players a video *of the FA Cup Defeat* last season.

Wow.  What a motivator. :facepalm:

I wonder if he wrote any names and put them in envelopes.

To be fair, if the players need motivated for a Forest game, they should be ashamed of themselves. I get it might not mean alot to them but it does to the fans and club that pay them, that should be enough for maximum effort. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, john ridley said:

I'd give Dyche a contract till the end of the season with a bonus for staying up ,and a 2/3 year contract. He would at least get us organized and play with some passion. 

I'd go with this. 

I also think people assume too much that we'd be playing "Dyche football" if "Dyche" came to the club. He knows with which talented players and what formations he'd play and how to play and that by playing against the country's top teams for years now he knows how to organise a set of players to these strengths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

I'd go with this. 

I also think people assume too much that we'd be playing "Dyche football" if "Dyche" came to the club. He knows with which talented players and what formations he'd play and how to play and that by playing against the country's top teams for years now he knows how to organise a set of players to these strengths.

Burnley played pretty much the same way under Dyche for 10 years, Kompany has completely changed that in half a season. I’d say the chances we’d play “Dyche football” if he came here are reasonably high 

It seemed to me over the past couple of years that whenever he’s had an extended period with the squad, that’s when performances (and results) have gone downhill. It’s only once he’s seen to be under pressure that we revert back to basics and things pick up temporarily. 

Project restart: We’ve not been the same side, end up throwing away the chance to qualify for the Champions League. 
Start of last season: Dismal throughout, papered over the cracks in the last few games when the pressure was on and with a favourable run in. 
Start of this season: Worst start in our history. Picks up before the World Cup break when he’s under pressure. 
Restart after the World Cup break: Dreadful so far. 

The start of these bad runs have all coincided with a return to Rodgersball after he’s had time with the squad without the distraction of games. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Burnley played pretty much the same way under Dyche for 10 years, Kompany has completely changed that in half a season. I’d say the chances we’d play “Dyche football” if he came here are reasonably high 

…and even if we didn’t, Dyche has zero experience playing any other way. It would be like signing a centre back to fufill our need for a left footed right winger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I'm not so sure. Having new owners has given them a completely different angle of attack from top down. The previous board with dyche in control was built up on during Dyche's first few years in power, hard to see why they would change that when it got them prem promotion. In any case even if he did come here in some capacity I'm hopeful that some of the "Dyche" would be knocked out of Dyche at interview stage.

20 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd go with this. 

Again, i ask, why would Dyche be an idiot in todays football and accept a 5 month contract. He would need certifying.  

I understand Brendan’s frustrations at not being able to have as much transfer funds as he would like but it’s his style of football, tactics, Brendanball and stubbornness to change anything around that ticks me off. He is such a boring manager. Also some of the shite that comes out of the blokes mouth is a joke. It does feel as if he’s setting the squad up to lose or he can’t be arsed anymore to get a reaction from Top about transfers. Maybe I’m thinking too far out of the box.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

Dyche played Dyche football at Burnley because it was the only way he could keep them up. He did a brilliant job with no money. They were difficult to beat and scored with relatively few chances. Every player needed to play at or near their best every week. How we could do with some, indeed all, of that.

Nah, he had plenty of time to adapt his style of play. He had Premier League TV money year on year, yet even when they sold Chris Wood there was no attempt to shift their style of play.

Sean Dyche plays that way because it suits his character. He’s a man that is sceptical about things like data analytics and sports science. He wouldn’t change here.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Again, i ask, why would Dyche be an idiot in todays football and accept a 5 month contract. He would need certifying.  

What had he got too loose..

Keeps us up, gets an extention of a few years, plus earns a wage.

If we go down. Walks away.  No worse off.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

2 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

I understand Brendan’s frustrations at not being able to have as much transfer funds as he would like but it’s his style of football, tactics, Brendanball and stubbornness to change anything around that ticks me off. He is such a boring manager. Also some of the shite that comes out of the blokes mouth is a joke. It does feel as if he’s setting the squad up to lose or he can’t be arsed anymore to get a reaction from Top about transfers. Maybe I’m thinking too far out of the box.

No mate.. I think you are pretty much spot on.

Not sure about setting them up to loose, just think he crap on that front

Podcast pundits still saying (in an echo of last spring) that we need to get new players in. They seem to assume the precarious position BR has led the club to will make no difference. Yet I see Gonzalez was haggling over a relegation clause in his contract - I assume we can only solve that by agreeing to selling him at a fairly low “trigger price”. So more financial pain should we go down. And Fiorentina have sensed our desperation and are demanding a hugely inflated price. 

New players are essentially being offered the chance to avoid relegation in the next four months, under a manager hanging on by his fingertips, and a relegation on their cv and an uncertain future if they fail. It’s not an easy sell is it?

Edited by smudgerfox

I cannot believe there isn’t a whiff of a potential sacking. After Tottenham I was flabbergasted he was still here… then after yesterday, I thought, surely, even we won’t let this continue to drag on… but here we are. 

What a pathetic football club we have become. We deserve relegation and everyone involved deserves the loss financially. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

What had he got too loose..

Keeps up up, gets an extention of a few years, plus earns a wage.

If we go down. Walks away.  No worse off.

Football and particularly football management should be geared around exactly this imo.

Performance related.

Offer Dyche a good basic, short term salary. And then bolt on bonuses for success. In this case, avoiding relegation, with an extension clause if we stay up.

None of this four year contract malarkey, to only have to pay off someone if they don’t do a good job. 
Managers like Mourinho have become multi multi millionaires based on (in more recent times anyway), being offered a huge and long contract, being paid off for failure (I’ve never understood that concept in any industry personally), only for him to walk into another job (based on reputation, NOT performance) and the cycle to start all over again.

IF we do sack Bodgers, the same thing will happen with him btw. He’ll walk into another top job, with ANOTHER huge contract, having basically decimated LCFC’s playing squad (or at least contributed to it).

Its madness 

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Nah, he had plenty of time to adapt his style of play. He had Premier League TV money year on year, yet even when they sold Chris Wood there was no attempt to shift their style of play.

Sean Dyche plays that way because it suits his character. He’s a man that is sceptical about things like data analytics and sports science. He wouldn’t change here.

It might have escaped your attention  that we've had Premier League money every year, more than Burnley, and effectively wasted it over the past two seasons in our recruitment. And with no attempt to alter the slow turgid crap we play. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Newcastle were sold for around £330m

Our assets have dwindled in value fast and we wouldn’t be worth much more than that now 

but our owners would expect £450m - so I simply couldn’t see a sale going through until it was too late and we had almost become a fire sale cos we’d been relegated and/or KP needed the money 

..in terms of value, with the land at Seagrave and the infrastructure that adds a sizeable value to the club!!!

He would be right to hold out for £450m, Ashley had all but stopped investing into the club and with no board to tie his hands he is set to pocket a sizeable amount.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.