Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is, Ranieri was sacked and he won us the league…. So why in seven hells is this cretin allowed to continue destroying our club. 

Agreed but think a couple of theories as to why have been mentioned numerous times such as -

1) His monster contract aka pay off figure

2) The board didn’t like the negativity towards them from the media when they sacked Ranieri

3) Top isn’t his Dad??

I just don’t know what needs to change to give the players some confidence out there? Can’t think of it being this low in a very long time.

Only reasoning I can even think of is last summer we haven't backed him, the board have then said keep us up this year, we aren't arsed about form as long as we don't go down. Then this summer they give him what he wants in terms of funds and then he's gone if this continues following that.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Only reasoning I can even think of is last summer we haven't backed him, the board have then said keep us up this year, we aren't arsed about form as long as we don't go down. Then this summer they give him what he wants in terms of funds and then he's gone if this continues following that.

IF that were the case then he really has no place on commenting in every interview during the summer about lack of investment. If that's what he's agreed to then he can't complain about it so I'm not sure that, that is the case here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

IF that were the case then he really has no place on commenting in every interview during the summer about lack of investment. If that's what he's agreed to then he can't complain about it so I'm not sure that, that is the case here. 

Could have been a hindsight comment from the board after how we started, of oh actually we may struggle so we'll give you this season etc. Not saying it is, trying to justify how this joker is still here 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I agree with you   No way he would have agreed to having no funds in my opinion. Which PL manager would accept that?

I do wonder about the communication around the club at the moment.  Like most I'm no Brendan fan but is he getting the mushroom treatment himself a bit from the club?

The squad is currently threadbare and morale is low, lay the blame where you like, we need reinforcements. Both for the immediate on the pitch impact and to give everyone a lift.  I can't believe Rodgers would have agreed to having no cash to spend this season.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Burnley played pretty much the same way under Dyche for 10 years, Kompany has completely changed that in half a season. I’d say the chances we’d play “Dyche football” if he came here are reasonably high 

They are playing a different brand of football in a league below, where they have one of the best squads 

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I agree with you   No way he would have agreed to having no funds in my opinion. Which PL manager would accept that?

I do wonder about the communication around the club at the moment.  Like most I'm no Brendan fan but is he getting the mushroom treatment himself a bit from the club?

The squad is currently threadbare and morale is low, lay the blame where you like, we need reinforcements. Both for the immediate on the pitch impact and to give everyone a lift.  I can't believe Rodgers would have agreed to having no cash to spend this season.  

Didn't say he'd accept it? I followed up by saying the board my have come to him after the initial struggle and said fair enough keep us up and we'll back you next year. Regardless even if it was during last summer, what's he going to do about it? He has no choice but to accept it, he isn't going to resign, could actually be why he was throwing a lot under the bus last summer in the hope he'd get paid up to piss off. 

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is, Ranieri was sacked and he won us the league…. So why in seven hells is this cretin allowed to continue destroying our club. 

Has to be they can’t / don’t want to pay his contract off.

you would expect Rudders and Susan Whelan to be in contact with Top even when overseas on an ongoing basis / alerting him that action needed to be taken if they (being closer to the team / training ground feedback / fan reaction etc) thought he had lost the plot.

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Has to be they can’t / don’t want to pay his contract off.

you would expect Rudders and Susan Whelan to be in contact with Top even when overseas on an ongoing basis / alerting him that action needed to be taken if they (being closer to the team / training ground feedback / fan reaction etc) thought he had lost the plot.

Can’t they get a loan from Maqaurie to pay his contract off?

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s the narrative that Brendan has created.

Like I said yesterday, none of this was coming until he threw the board under the bus by talking about a refresh. It completely shifted the whole feel of the club. We’d just come off the back of a huge recruitment drive, and suddenly Brendan wanted a clear out? So where the hell have things gone wrong? 

He has just spent the best part of 12 months playing tennis with us all, returning any hint of criticism by defending himself and his legacy….. he’s created an environment at the club of where even some of our fans now believe his bullshit…. This squad is not as bad as he has made us, there’s no ****ing way….. they looked completely lacking a leader yesterday…. N’didi is strolling around the pitch looking completely lost, like he’s not even interested anymore, he was once talked about as one of best defensive midfielders in the country at least…… Cags…. Another player who was on top of the world and then suddenly fell off a cliff. 

Throughout Brendan’s tenure here there we’ve had some highs, but we’ve also had some absolute car crash periods too. 

He has fallen on his sword. And the fact the board still haven’t acted is ludicrous. 

This 100%. Throwing the board under the bus last year was a deflection tactic at the time, and has, as you say, created this culture to this point where what Brendan has isn't deemed good enough. Clubs do need ingoings and outgoings, but i actually feel Brendan's very vocal position (which was never publicly disputed by the board) ended up creating a culture of fear which has lead us to the point where nothing really happened.  

He's been playing politics ever since. Even the first game of the season was an exercise in showing to everyone what we had wasn't good enough (1 sub and run everyone into the ground). I'm no longer willing to listen about Injuries, because its clear that he runs his favourites into the ground and there is something seriously wrong with his training behind the scenes.

The last thing to discuss is the period leading to the WC. I would put money on Brendan not really knowing why it worked all of a sudden. Maybe Wout's appointment created a bit of a confidence boost, maybe Barnes being clinical all of a sudden made something click, or maybe we just got a bit lucky?  However, it seems clear that in this type of circumstance Brendan likes to wrestle back control of the situation and revert to type. A solid month of Brendan overcoaching Brendan ball completely knocked the stuffing out of everyone, whereas i assume he felt the confidence everyone had would make sure that his style would click all of a sudden.

I cant express how much i hate our style of play. I was at the Fulham game and the team only started going direct when their were groans in the crowd, nothing was coming from the Manager. I know we were 2 down yesterday, but there were 5 minutes added on and Henderson could barely walk. We were passing it around side to side around the box like we were Man City with a 2-0 lead. A Spurs team doesn't know when they are down (maybe we taught them how to win a match in 1 minute), but our manager has us playing the same style, regardless if its Forest. Gillingham, Fulham or Newcastle. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just catching up on MOTD. 0 analysis of our performance and no mention of his interview.

“We’ve been trying our best but we’ve not been good enough” - what kind of answer is that? 

Gary was fed up and didn’t want to talk about us any longer. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't say he'd accept it? I followed up by saying the board my have come to him after the initial struggle and said fair enough keep us up and we'll back you next year. Regardless even if it was during last summer, what's he going to do about it? He has no choice but to accept it, he isn't going to resign, could actually be why he was throwing a lot under the bus last summer in the hope he'd get paid up to piss off. 

Possibly.  I think the scenario unlikely but who knows.  

And wouldn't he quit?  He's a wealthy man already.  I think quitting because of lack of funds might be the sort of thing he'd do to protect himself and his ego.  He can then argue, with a kernel of truth, he wasn't supported and that's why he failed.  I'm sure he'd get another job albeit not one as well paid.

If he's not backed in this window it'll be interesting to see what happens.  I'm sure he'll hang on for the sack and pay off but there's a small part of me that thinks he might just pre-empt the inevitable in order to get his narrative into the media first.  He is a political animal. So Brendan, what's more important to you, your wallet or your image... 

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Can’t they get a loan from Maqaurie to pay his contract off?

Haha maybe tho they have already been to that well a few times.

I thought we had a loan agreed on the back of the Fofana sale, which makes you wonder why we haven’t brought any1 in yet.

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Possibly.  I think the scenario unlikely but who knows.  

And wouldn't he quit?  He's a wealthy man already.  I think quitting because of lack of funds might be the sort of thing he'd do to protect himself and his ego.  He can then argue, with a kernel of truth, he wasn't supported and that's why he failed.  I'm sure he'd get another job albeit not one as well paid.

If he's not backed in this window it'll be interesting to see what happens.  I'm sure he'll hang on for the sack and pay off but there's a small part of me that thinks he might just pre-empt the inevitable in order to get his narrative into the media first.  He is a political animal. So Brendan, what's more important to you, your wallet or your image... 

Well he's had a lack of funds and not walked so there's your answer, he knows full well the media are pretty much on his side and he's spun the narrative it's not his fault, so regardless whenever he leaves he'll walk in to another decent job. But he isn't giving up his money to do so. The media will batter us for sacking him, even a Lineker type will.

Just now, Bordersfox said:

I don't understand what being 'backed' means anymore, especially in the context of Brendan wanting his refresh. Is getting a few lower priced potential rough diamonds backing him, or is backing only the complete refresh he wanted a year ago?

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't understand what being 'backed' means anymore, especially in the context of Brendan wanting his refresh. Is getting a few lower priced potential rough diamonds backing him, or is backing only the complete refresh he wanted a year ago?

God knows. Hard to tell.  I'd say at least three players in key positions that are ready to go.  Doesn't seem like that's anywhere close to being possible.  If he got that in Jan surely he can't complain too much (but I'm sure he still would). 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We can only hope he is "backed" in the Julius Caesar way.

Metaphorically speaking of course. I'm not condoning actual physical harm to the donkey jockey.

How is God's earth haven't we heard the news that he hasn't been sacked.....

I dont wanna hear we can't afford it when reports are stating we have had bids of 30 million and north of that for players that have been turned down.

Replace the manger let the new manager assess the squad then spend money rebuilding 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..in terms of value, with the land at Seagrave and the infrastructure that adds a sizeable value to the club!!!

He would be right to hold out for £450m, Ashley had all but stopped investing into the club and with no board to tie his hands he is set to pocket a sizeable amount.

Not sure  what that land is worth - it’s a football training ground - what value does it have ?  Certainly not what we paid to buy and build it.  You couldn’t just stick houses on there.  What value does the squad have after a relegation ? And the club as a going concern loses a lot of value after a relegation. 

I'm curious: what was it that turned all the fans against Puel finally? I can't remember now, but surely the results and football under Rodgers lately is on par with late Puel, if not worse.

I can only think the board won't act until it's clear that the majority of fans want Rodgers gone. And it sounds like, bizarrely, that's not yet the case.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Because all he has to do it wait for a 3 year deal they pays him off in the event a club wants to part with his services. In your example he is far worse off being let go on a short term deal.  At the end of the day, we are just another job, and quite frankly offering 5 month deals stinks of not backing someone. 

I can see your point...I think, but not necessarily agree with you.

1 He's hardly being swamped with offers from any league (or activly seeking himself) at present to he offered the 3 year deal your suggesting he takes up.

2 He doesn't have to take the 5 mth offer from the club, no one would be forcing him. The club could offer it on the basis that its a "caretaker" job for the want of a better explanation with a view of possible extention depending surviving relegation  or potential end league positions etc.

Its not about the lack of backing of someone, its about both parties getting a good, low risk, financially sensible deal for a short window to the end of the season. Its about bringing in a real set of fresh and new ideas, and not relying on current LCFC staff who are maybe saturated with the current toxic malaise to do the job, all after shelling out a huge wedge to sack the fraud Rodgers.   

If you're bothered about the the perception of backing. Give him this transfer window...he certainly couldn't do worse than Rodgers track record.

Edited by Guppys Love Child