Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, CloudFox said:

I'm curious: what was it that turned all the fans against Puel finally? I can't remember now, but surely the results and football under Rodgers lately is on par with late Puel, if not worse.

I can only think the board won't act until it's clear that the majority of fans want Rodgers gone. And it sounds like, bizarrely, that's not yet the case.

I don't think that many of the fans were ever ON board with Puel. People love to be proven correct so are more likely to jump at the first opportunity of that happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'm curious: what was it that turned all the fans against Puel finally? I can't remember now, but surely the results and football under Rodgers lately is on par with late Puel, if not worse.

I can only think the board won't act until it's clear that the majority of fans want Rodgers gone. And it sounds like, bizarrely, that's not yet the case.

People turned on Puel pretty quickly after his initial purple patch 

Losing to an out of form Chelsea in the cup and the 5-0 at palace were the tuning points for me 

He still lasted longer than most fans wanted although the crash played a part

Edited by MattFox

Just now, MattFox said:

People turned on Puel pretty quickly after his initial purple patch 

Losing to an out of form Chelsea in the cup and the 5-0 at palace were the tuning points for me 

I thought we fought well in that match. Was extremely annoyed that we lost it though

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

My only guess is if they don't have any other options lined up? Our appointments under this ownership haven't been surprising in terms of getting in an "unknown manager", we don't seem to act like a club such as Brighton.

Relegation will kill us, no doubt about it.

I do worry about our record of manager appointments. I said Brighton would appoint the type of manager we should be looking at but even outside of that I could have seen us going for someone like Emery. Seems to for the bill for what our ownership likes and has improved Villa.

We'd probably end up with Benitez or someone equally uninspiring, but our current management is so bad it might still help us in the short term.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just catching up on MOTD. 0 analysis of our performance and no mention of his interview.

“We’ve been trying our best but we’ve not been good enough” - what kind of answer is that? 

The truth? I don’t think he’s telling them to go out there and play crap.

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

It’s defeatist and completely uninspiring. 

Is it? It seems honest to me, that is what is happening. They are working hard but they’re not performance to the standard expected. It’s not explaining why, but it is an honest assement to give to the press post match.

1 minute ago, bluefox1 said:

So by all accounts made by fabrizio Romano we are signing a player for £30 mill called nico gonzalez,so if this is true there is money there.TOP get rid of Rodgers now.

That's all gone quiet hasn't it?

Just now, jim5000 said:

Is it? It seems honest to me, that is what is happening. They are working hard but they’re not performance to the standard expected. It’s not explaining why, but it is an honest assement to give to the press post match.

No, but it certainly doesn’t offer much hope. Also they weren’t “trying their best” for Forest’s second goal. Atrocious effort to get back. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

First time yesterday Rodgers acknowledged we are in a relegation battle and told the players that what the f**k was he thinking before yesterday’s game? That we were challenging for mid table and higher? It feels like the whole club not just Rodgers are totally immune to the situation, heads should roll. This isn’t just a blip it’s been happening for far too long.

Yes, he said only 2 weeks ago that the aim was to be in the top 10 by the end of February despite the run of games that were coming up.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The football we’re playing now is worse than under Puel. At least under Puel for the majority we were solid and hard to beat, we were just uninventive and too defensive. Now, we’re just a limp mess, with no backbone and no leadership.

We were an abomination under Puel in 2019. Conceded loads of goals, even in games where we played well in large spells of the game (Spurs away, Wolves away, Palace at home)

BR is too blame for our lame and soft this squad is.

His tactics are woeful also.

Our press is the worst I’ve seen in any football team let alone professional team. The amount of times I see Barnes pointlessly running towards an opposition defender for the defender to just easily pass it to their right back and then bomb forward. This isn’t Barnes being the thicko he is, this is tactical. It offers absolutely nothing to us and only helps the opposition out getting forward.

It’s so easy for teams to attack is and find space and it comes from two things. We lose the ball at the back when we’ve been pissing around with it or when we try our weak as piss press in 2’s or 3’s and they simply get through it and our defensively high line is time again and again caught out. It is so easy for the opposition to bring the ball forward and make a simple pass which causes us so much trouble.

The problem is largely BR’s tactics and it’s clear to see the players are done with it. Even if we signed 3-4 players I doubt it’ll make a difference as the rot seems to have well and truly set in.

BR has to go or we will go down.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shiv said:

You can’t sack the squad. It’s clear Rodgers has taken us as far as he can and is not getting the best out of a group of players who finished 5th twice and won an FA Cup. 

It isn’t the same squad though as half have gone or injured and the ones still playing our now 2 years older and we’re old enough then

19 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

BR is too blame for our lame and soft this squad is.

His tactics are woeful also.

Our press is the worst I’ve seen in any football team let alone professional team. The amount of times I see Barnes pointlessly running towards an opposition defender for the defender to just easily pass it to their right back and then bomb forward. This isn’t Barnes being the thicko he is, this is tactical. It offers absolutely nothing to us and only helps the opposition out getting forward.

It’s so easy for teams to attack is and find space and it comes from two things. We lose the ball at the back when we’ve been pissing around with it or when we try our weak as piss press in 2’s or 3’s and they simply get through it and our defensively high line is time again and again caught out. It is so easy for the opposition to bring the ball forward and make a simple pass which causes us so much trouble.

The problem is largely BR’s tactics and it’s clear to see the players are done with it. Even if we signed 3-4 players I doubt it’ll make a difference as the rot seems to have well and truly set in.

BR has to go or we will go down.

Obviously the squad isn’t as strong as it should, with all the injuries, this as made it worst. In that situation the manager needs to adapt the playing style to match the resources and organise the team accordingly. During our spell before the World Cup, he did that and played to our strengths by going more direct. Since the wc break, we’ve gone back to tip tap football, without our best player, Maddison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If that happens, then it will be true  lol

No it won't. It'll be something for the maniacs that still want him and the fence sitters like yourself to flex with. The next person will have a hell of a tough job fixing what your messiah has ruined

• Like 1