Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

If Rogers has to go then Rudkin should go with him. He's as much to blame for the mess we are in if not more. The fact our hands are totally tied financially and our squad depth is paper thin after a few injuries is totally down to him. 

None of us know the dynamics - rudkin might just be given tasks to do re signings and contracts with much already agreed 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

None of us know the dynamics - rudkin might just be given tasks to do re signings and contracts with much already agreed 

What signings? What contracts?

Think his position has largely rendered redundant hasn't it?

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

What signings? What contracts?

Think his position has largely rendered redundant hasn't it?

We negotiated some extended contracts last spring/summer

and we don’t know how many deals are negotiated but don’t get across the line because situations change 

but i agree he must be having a quiet period in his work 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No it won't. It'll be something for the maniacs that still want him and the fence sitters like yourself to flex with. The next person will have a hell of a tough job fixing what your messiah has ruined

Like to think I can judge a situation on its merits and problems and not just wave a pitchfork, already said he needs to go but pissing my pants is hardly going to help now is it?

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Before the WC this thread went totally cold. I applaud the consistent posters on here but too many base their comments on the last few results. Rodgers was never as good as so many on here thought and some of those who now rage about him praised him to the skies before. He is a football manager , ten a penny , they are all disposable. Or should be so never give them a long contract.

Sorry the first bit of this is nonsense. 

I have wanted Rodgers gone since before we won the FA cup and obviously been more vocal about that in the past year or so. At first it was because I didn’t like the way of playing and then from the start of last season, I could see the slide coming. When Newcastle had their takeover, I said to a Newcastle supporting mate, I hope you take Rodgers from us as we’ll be relegated inside 3 years with him. I didn’t expect the decline to be this fast though. This was in October 2021! 

However, clearly the board have no appetite to pay him off (and that’s assuming they aren’t fully behind him which they may well be). So at the point we were winning games, there’s no point banging on about it as it’s not going to speed anything up. 

I think my words on the subject were along the lines of still want him out but if we are winning games it makes it less urgent and could see out the season. I did want to see how we responded from the World Cup break and what his attitude was like when the January window opened and on both counts he has failed.

• Like 3

He's surely going to have a sit down excuse-a-thon with Henry Winter soon? Badly needs to go in depth on the difficulties he's facing and the challenges he takes on. Not criticising the owners, though, who have been fantastic.

Sat in front of a lot of charts and pictured near some quotes stuck on the wall.

• Like 1

Yeah you definitely can't romanticise the football under Puel; we were absolutely honking but always seemed alright for a scalp every now and then. But off the field at least the club had a direction - the football was shite, really crap, and Puel was rubbish, but the transfers had a bit of rhyme and reason (Ghezzal and Ward withstanding, Benkovic was a dud but the transfer *made sense*). It never seemed as if the club was in a sense of terminal disrepair. 

24 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I'm fed up of hearing this "still fighting" "fighting hard" rhetoric. If only they were I wouldn't mind as much.

We're so easy to push off the ball, we win so few headers in our own box, we win no headers in the opposition box, we're slow, the first thought is backwards.....

That's not "fighting."

"Still fighting" yet every game we concede first in is a complete write off.

Went to Leicester with the missus today for some shopping. 

In a funny twist of fate/good timing, Take a Bow by Kasabian came on as we entered Leicester. Some perfect lyrics to sum up what Rodgers should do... 

Take a bow and say goodbye
Let the hours pass on by
Now you get to feel so high
It's over
It's all over now

What is this
If it ain't love, then it's over
And understand that nothing lasts forever

I don't believe Top can't afford to sack him, especially if we are indeed looking at 30 million pound players. 

Therefore, has Top simply bought into Rodger's excuses? Sympathises with him not getting the players he wanted? 

Maybe he still believes Rodgers with some signings this window, can turn the form around. 

Seems pretty foolish if so, but why else wouldn't he be sacking him? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We were an abomination under Puel in 2019. Conceded loads of goals, even in games where we played well in large spells of the game (Spurs away, Wolves away, Palace at home)

We did suck camel dick under Puel, agreed. I just feel now our self belief, organisation and in game mentality is more fragile than its ever been since our return to the premier league.