Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With confidence, belief and motivation anything is possible. That sounds cliche, but it's true.

Rodgers doesn't give the players any of that. A new manager can...

What manager is going to be motivated enough to do that when dealing with an absentee board?

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Does anyone really think our current starting XI are good enough to beat anyone in the league?

No. But he could make us hard to beat. Go direct, play in the channels etc. Don't expect players who are uncomfortable in possession to play like Man City. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Spine of a team that finished 8th last season whilst competition in Europe? That's either some drop off or an indictment of how poor the PL was last season.

Danny Ward, Luke Thomas, Wout Faes, Dan Amartey, Papy Mendy aren’t at the league’s standard. 

Wilf hasn’t been the same since his injuries. Vardy is 36. 
Youri is checked out. 

We simply can’t field a good XI right now without investment.  

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One of the issues is our current XI *are* our current XI because everyone is half broken under this little chump. Some are unfortunate impact jobs but the volume of injuries we get can't be coincidence.

And how many are muscular, done in training. Then repeat on return to first team action almost 15 mins into their return. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Danny Ward, Luke Thomas, Wout Faes, Dan Amartey, Papy Mendy aren’t at the league’s standard. 

Wilf hasn’t been the same since his injuries. Vardy is 36. 
Youri is checked out. 

We simply can’t field a good XI right now without investment.  

Still managed to finish 8th last season.

Still shouldn't be anywhere near a relegation battle.

I accept Vardy is 36 - Iheanacho carried us to the FA Cup and through the 2nd half of 20/21 but has been frozen out and not used - Rodgers choice.

I agree Youri's checked out, why has he been given the captains armband? - Rodgers choice.

You say Faes, Amartey aren't this leagues standard, we could use Soyuncu but no he's been frozen out and not used - Rodgers choice.

What about Rodgers' choice of signing? Vestergaard? Bertrand? Daka? Faes (I think he's alright, you're claiming he's not)? Soumare? Whats buoys you with confidence that Rodgers' given investment would be successful?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One of the issues is our current XI *are* our current XI because everyone is half broken under this little chump. Some are unfortunate impact jobs but the volume of injuries we get can't be coincidence.

And he has no faith in certain players which leads other players to get overplayed, and then injured.

I would sit on the bench for £50 a game plus travel expenses - ie the same role Vestergaard and Soyuncu have in every single PL game. It’s a joke. 

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He certainly doesn’t get a pass on how he’s managed (and possibly created) our injury problems. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I accept Vardy is 36 - Iheanacho carried us to the FA Cup and through the 2nd half of 20/21 but has been frozen out and not used - Rodgers choice.

I agree Youri's checked out, why has he been given the captains armband? - Rodgers choice.

You say Faes, Amartey aren't this leagues standard, we could use Soyuncu but no he's been frozen out and not used - Rodgers choice.

Who deserves the armband out there? There are no leaders in the current lineup. 

Soyuncu and his next meltdown aren’t saving this squad. lol

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree that Iheanacho should be playing more often. But we also have to remember that he’s the same guy who made himself ineligible for selection for a big European game and has had multiple passport issues in the past. He also seems pretty content to ride the bench and collect his salary. 

3 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He certainly doesn’t get a pass on how he’s managed (and possibly created) our injury problems. 

Who deserves the armband out there? There are no leaders in the current lineup. 

Soyuncu and his next meltdown aren’t saving this squad. lol

Quite agree there are no leaders, they're all shrinking violets under this regime, that's the precedent and mentality that has been instilled, but i'm not sure that's any reasoning to give the armband to a player who doesn't want to here - what example does that set?

So is Soyuncu better than Faes and Amartey in your opinion or not?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Just now, Matt said:

Quite agree there are no leaders, they're all shrinking violets under this regime but i'm not sure that's any reasoning to give the armband to a player who doesn't want to here - what example does that set?

So is Soyuncu better than Faes and Amartey in your opinion or not?

He’s probably better…until he loses his head again. And who knows when that time bomb goes off next?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

What about Rodgers' choice of signing? Vestergaard? Bertrand? Daka? Faes (I think he's alright, you're claiming he's not)? Soumare? Whats buoys you with confidence that Rodgers' given investment would be successful?

This is not that team- not even close, what caused the injuries is irrelevant when judging the teams quality

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did we have a world class training ground during that era? A spine of a team that played in a European semi final 8 months prior? A quarter of a billion pounds of playing staff spent by the manager? The club's greatest ever centre forward? 

Did the opposition spend billions? Did the league give them billions? Did they play quite so frequently? Was the league quite so biased? Context is everything.

The only question is, should Brendan be doing better? Yes, that’s all, but don’t paint a false picture

I knew not to expect anything but it still doesn't stop me being absolutely appalled that he is still in a job. 

How far do things have to get before someone acts? This is worse than anything under Ranieri, Shakespeare or even Puel.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did the opposition spend billions? Did the league give them billions? Did they play quite so frequently? Was the league quite so biased? Context is everything.

The only question is, should Brendan be doing better? Yes, that’s all, but don’t paint a false picture

What other clubs are doing doesn't have a bearing on our club being mismanaged 👍

• Like 1