Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, The_77 said:

What manager is going to be motivated enough to do that when dealing with an absentee board?

A manager whose motivated enough to eek some results out (6 wins probs does it) and in the process help his own career as well as Leicester’s immediate interest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

I knew not to expect anything but it still doesn't stop me being absolutely appalled that he is still in a job. 

How far do things have to get before someone acts? This is worse than anything under Ranieri, Shakespeare or even Puel.

I wouldn’t mind if they backed him or sacked him but they just don’t do anything.

I’m really starting to wonder what he has to do to get the sack.

Edited by dnewty

30 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is not that team- not even close, what caused the injuries is irrelevant when judging the teams quality

So i'll look back at the final 5 games of 21/22 season because correct me if i'm wrong but that spell was a spell which lifted us to 8th.

Everton (Lost 2-1)

4 of that 11 played yesterday.

KDH, Perez and Daka played in that game all of who have been featuring recently.

Plus Iheanacho - Of which I claim featuring recently loosely. 

Norwich (Won 3-0)

5 of that 11 played yesterday.

Again KDH played - Featuring currently/recently.

Watford (Won 5-1)

6 of the 11 played yesterday.

With KDH.

Chelsea (Drew 1-1)

5 of the 11 played yesterday.

Plus KDH and Iheanacho.

Southampton (Won 4-1)

5 of the 11 played yesterday.

Plus KDH

There's enough there to be considered a spine of a team that finished 8th last season.

One big exclusion being Schmeichel, the other being Maddison but his exclusion goes into the pile of the other exclusion reasons being injurys - Of which Rodgers, yet again, gets away with scott free, not even being questioned on.

With Maddison we're better, but even then, we're still awful, struggling and stinking the place out.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s probably better…until he loses his head again. And who knows when that time bomb goes off next?

Who knows ? But we currently concede goals at an alarmingly rate already because Amartey and Faes both have concentration issues of a similar ilk. Their ‘meltdowns’ are less extreme but still conceding goals 

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I knew not to expect anything but it still doesn't stop me being absolutely appalled that he is still in a job. 

How far do things have to get before someone acts? This is worse than anything under Ranieri, Shakespeare or even Puel.

He must be as surprised as we are at this point. Between the results/performances, his management of the squad and his media routine he's given the board more than enough rope to hang him with but still we perservere with our unhappy little marriage.

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Does anyone really think our current starting XI are good enough to beat anyone in the league?

Of course they can, we have good players being badly managed. Our weaknesses are so clear and our weaker players are so badly exposed by this system that the opposition don't even need to try to figure out how to beat us. 

However all of these players have been involved in a number of significant wins over the years. We just need a new manager and some belief and we will be fine.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Guest said:

He must be as surprised as we are at this point. Between the results/performances, his management of the squad and his media routine he's given the board more than enough rope to hang him with but still we perservere with our unhappy little marriage.

I wholeheartedly believe that the only thing keeping him in a job is because Top can’t bear the thought of being wrong for backing him. Its shameful the board haven’t been able to convince him otherwise yet.

This club is currently being held to ransom by two galaxy egos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What other clubs are doing doesn't have a bearing on our club being mismanaged 👍

Sorry, not sure what you mean, our mid management is our problem, my response was in reference to have much easier Rodgers had it compared to Pleat, and I was merely saying it is a lot different times

'this week there must be a response'.

Not read the article, but if it doesn't state what kind of response that is, it does beg the question as to what it will be.

An interview with the board, a statement, a 'dreaded vote of confidence', Rodgers actually being sacked?

Maybe the 'response' is announcing a signing - this is not enough, as welcome as a signing would be. There needs to be a lot of accountability and ownership of the problems. Accept there are problems, tell us how they're going to be solved. Tell us what the plan is. I wouldn't usually expect owners to just come out and say something for the sake of it, but times like this it is appropriate. It's needed. Out of respect for the club and fans if nothing else.

• Thanks 1

It’s a very strange situation ! I wonder if the club has a relegation clause in Rodgers contract ? What’s going on with the stadium updating it’s all gone very quiet even though planning has been granted. Something just doesn’t add up, I can’t see money being a issue as we only spend really what we bring in from sales etc. The silence is what’s worrying me the most…..

Is it wrong to say, I'm ever so slightly glad we lost to Forest? Sure on Sat I was gutted but a day later I'm wondering if its for the best? As in long term that's what we needed A BLOODY GOOD WAKE UP CALL!! when we beat them 4-0 it gave the Bodger a prolonged stay of execution. Nothing like a loss against hated rivals to get the fanbase riled up and we need some passion.... 

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is it wrong to say, I'm ever so slightly glad we lost to Forest? Sure on Sat I was gutted but a day later I'm wondering if its for the best? As in long term that's what we needed A BLOODY GOOD WAKE UP CALL!! when we beat them 4-0 it gave the Bodger a prolonged stay of execution. Nothing like a loss against hated rivals to get the fanbase riled up and we need some passion.... 

I think the loss made it go from 20% likelihood of relegation (if we had won) to 50%.

Definitely not a good thing, we've lost 4 in a row and we dont have any easier fixtures left to bounce back on for a while.

Even if we do start turning up there's no guarantee we will win the following games as the other teams are simply better.

Edited by honeybradger