Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is it wrong to say, I'm ever so slightly glad we lost to Forest? Sure on Sat I was gutted but a day later I'm wondering if its for the best? As in long term that's what we needed A BLOODY GOOD WAKE UP CALL!! when we beat them 4-0 it gave the Bodger a prolonged stay of execution. Nothing like a loss against hated rivals to get the fanbase riled up and we need some passion.... 

If it is, then it too little too late. Half way through the season and 17pts. Not good enough. Get the same 2nd half and that’s relegation. Every loss is a step closer to the trap door. We need wins. Don’t care how they come, but we need them. If we had beaten florest, then it would have been much better, potential foundation and to show potential signings that it is possible for the club to turn it around. 

Life has got so much harder. So, I would disagree - a loss at forest is not a good thing. But I get what your trail of thought though. 

• Like 1

For some unknown reason my thread on this kept getting deleted and I was banned from posting for 24h after posting this! Can someone please explain why the mods would do this thank you

Between kick of and 1 minute at Brighton chant 

Get out of our club

Get out of our club

Brendan rodgers

Get out of our club

Then same after the halftime restart and 5 minutes after the match

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sly said:

Maybe a clause to sack him for cheaper if we’re in the bottom three. 

I’m sure a poster said a while ago there was something in his contract that meant we wouldn’t have to pay him as much.

Could be what you’ve said and because somehow we’ve still managed to avoid the bottom three, they’re waiting. If it means it costs half the amount then I suppose it kinda makes sense. Risky if we manage to stay just above for a few more weeks.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

If it is, then it too little too late. Half way through the season and 17pts. Not good enough. Get the same 2nd half and that’s relegation. Every loss is a step closer to the trap door. We need wins. Don’t care how they come, but we need them. If we had beaten florest, then it would have been much better, potential foundation and to show potential signings that it is possible for the club to turn it around. 

Life has got so much harder. So, I would disagree - a loss at forest is not a good thing. But I get what your trail of thought though. 

It's a tough one. 3 pts put us in a much better situation but at the same time it feels whenever we do have any good results under Rodgers it's not sustainable and its better to break his back and move on ASAP so someone more capable can get as many games as is possible. Don't know.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

All just noise about nothing. Any article tonight should be carrying serious consequences for people involved in this shipwreck but there's nothing. I somehow don't even think he's even close to the sack. Never known ineptness like it. Would be a total travesty if we stay up to be honest.

how do we think brendan would do with either west ham or everton? 

he’d probably have a huge manager bounce and drag either of them to safety. 

Might be better off for us if we stay away from that type of outcome. 

I personally don’t see anyway west ham go down, i’m putting all my eggs in bmouth, everton, southampton and leeds being worse than us. But the last 2 are making good moves in the market. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is it wrong to say, I'm ever so slightly glad we lost to Forest? Sure on Sat I was gutted but a day later I'm wondering if its for the best? As in long term that's what we needed A BLOODY GOOD WAKE UP CALL!! when we beat them 4-0 it gave the Bodger a prolonged stay of execution. Nothing like a loss against hated rivals to get the fanbase riled up and we need some passion.... 

I'd agree if it actually had that effect, but this lot have the foresight of a bat. I really do think they view things as black and white, without any real context and for that reason failure is inevitable.

It didn't have the required effect a year ago. Losing 6 in a row, including 5-2 and 6-2 hammerings didn't either. I don't know what he has to do to get the sack.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I personally don’t see anyway west ham go down i’m putting all my eggs in bmouth, everton, southampton and leeds being worse than us. But the last 2 are making good moves in the market. 

Initial bounce at West Ham but he'd relegate Everton. West Ham have some alright players who'd carry him for a little while. Everton have no such thing. So they'd go down. If there's one thing I'll give him it's that he can spot a good opportunity and he knows he'd be out of his depth in this Everton situation. Would be absolute poetry if he somehow ended up there and took them down though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Initial bounce at West Ham but he'd relegate Everton. West Ham have some alright players who'd carry him for a little while. Everton have no such thing. So they'd go down. If there's one thing I'll give him it's that he can spot a good opportunity and he knows he'd be out of his depth in this Everton situation. Would be absolute poetry if he somehow ended up there and took them down though.

the liverpool connection might make them think twice after rafa.  can you imagine if he goes to west ham, relegates us on the final day and we have to listen to him give a smug interview 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I personally don’t see anyway west ham go down, i’m putting all my eggs in bmouth, everton, southampton and leeds being worse than us. But the last 2 are making good moves in the market. 

We're the poorest side in the league right now!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

DAILY TELEGRAPH

West Ham have drawn up a four-person shortlist to potentially replace under-fire David Moyes which includes two "dream" appointments in Mauricio Pochettino and Thomas Tuchel.

I would say they have a decent shout at either of them if they promise substantial backing.  West Ham have a sort of reputation above their reality and a massive freebie stadium.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is exactly the rhetoric the fraud would hope people push.

C’mon. I’m not saying Rodgers gets a free pass because the board appears to be MIA. Something has to change, clearly.

I am, however, afraid it may be too late for a manager switch to make much of a difference. 

Even if we change managers, we’re still faced with a rapidly deteriorating squad in terms of value, fitness, and ability. I can’t think of many PL-caliber managers who would enjoy working under our current setup, especially while we’re having so much trouble arranging even a single transfer. 

9 minutes ago, The_77 said:

C’mon. I’m not saying Rodgers gets a free pass because the board appears to be MIA. Something has to change, clearly.

I am, however, afraid it may be too late for a manager switch to make much of a difference. 

Even if we change managers, we’re still faced with a rapidly deteriorating squad in terms of value, fitness, and ability. I can’t think of many PL-caliber managers who would enjoy working under our current setup, especially while we’re having so much trouble arranging even a single transfer. 

The club isn't in as good a state as it was a couple of years ago which I largely place at the door of this manager, but it isn't a dead job by any means, it's a good job if you can get more out of this squad. We have a manager who has given up. Plenty of decent managers would come here. The talking down of it as a job/club is akin to what Rodgers wants people to think to save himself, we shouldn't fall for it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The club isn't in as good a state as it was a couple of years ago which I largely place at the door of this manager, but it isn't a dead job by any means, it's a good job if you can get more out of this squad. We have a manager who has given up. Plenty of decent managers would come here. The talking down of it as a job/club is akin to what Rodgers wants people to think to save himself, we shouldn't fall for it.

There was no place for those comments from him, absolutely. But the whole place is a mess, let’s not kid ourselves and pretend that LCFC is a well-oiled machine that just has a bad manager. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

There was no place for those comments from him, absolutely. But the whole place is a mess, let’s not kid ourselves and pretend that LCFC is a well-oiled machine that just has a bad manager. 

It isn't and its proven by the fact he's still here. It is a better side than this. For somebody who is talked up as this top coach we're lucky to have I don't see much of it on the pitch, nor do I see much progress in many of our players. I'd be far more sympathetic if I could see him making something out of nothing, but he's the total opposite. He's a fairweather manager. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It isn't and its proven by the fact he's still here. It is a better side than this. For somebody who is talked up as this top coach we're lucky to have I don't see much of it on the pitch, nor do I see much progress in many of our players. I'd be far more sympathetic if I could see him making something out of nothing, but he's the total opposite. He's a fairweather manager. 

I disagree about the side at the moment— our recent lineups are not very good at all. Now, that’ll change once Maddison and others come back but we’re a sorry list of names right now. 

As for Rodgers, he’s never been able to create a siege mentality at our club, which any decent motivator should be able to do (he is a fair-weather manager, yes), and that’s a frightening prospect during a relegation battle.  

46 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I disagree about the side at the moment— our recent lineups are not very good at all. Now, that’ll change once Maddison and others come back but we’re a sorry list of names right now. 

As for Rodgers, he’s never been able to create a siege mentality at our club, which any decent motivator should be able to do (he is a fair-weather manager, yes), and that’s a frightening prospect during a relegation battle.  

I agree they're not good but I also think we've had our expectations on certain players reduced. Ndidi is the best example of this. He has been proven to be very good at this level. I can believe a change of manager will do him benefit. Forget Soyuncu as he is a write off now, but he's just another classic case of this era and the waste of resource.

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The problem is that implies any situation exists where the board would stumble out of bed and fire Rodgers.  At this point we have no reason to believe there is.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Sad 1