Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The pre-season comments of targeting 40 points and then now saying after the Forest game that we're in a relegation battle should be enough to show the board thay Rodgers has failed this season. That he's under-achieved. I guess Rodgers will tell the fans that we should be thankful just to be in a privileged position to experience a Premier League relegation fight! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We need to be reminded that:

- at the start of last season, after we choked and finished fifth again, we bought Daka and Soumare and brought in Lookman, with no major departure for the first time in years

- that was a major investment and Rodgers was backed by the club despite him wasting millions including on Praet and Perez who he clearly does not like

- we had too big of a squad at the time

- we had the biggest wage bill outside of the top 6

- then unluckily Fofana broke his leg and Rodgers brought in Vesty for another 15m, yet another failure in his transfer business

It was fair for the club to say to Rodgers this summer that you had to clear out players before you can buy some more as we sat on value in the tens of millions rotting away in reserve or sent out on loan. It was dumb for the club not to exercise the option to buy Lookman though as his value surely exceeded the price following last season. This is also in light of FPP rules.

Then Rodgers decided to undermine his players and the club by throwing them all under the bus. He is begging to be sacked, clearly.

So I don’t understand why some people now say Rodgers has not been backed. He was but proved incapable of signing players that he will use and improve (btw, try to name one player he has signed and improved; Faes does not count as he has not been here long enough to start to deteriorate like others Rodgers signed before him).

We can save a fortune by sacking Rudkin, Susan, the whole scouting department and the medical sciene team by the sounds of this utter tripe  lol

How some survived during the gresat escape is quite beyond me!

Has he underperformed? Yes very much so, but he does not run the whole club, he too has a boss who holds him, or at least should, accountable

Now I am not interested in him staying, but I am also not interested a witch hunt without actual facts

And in response to the has he been backed

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We can save a fortune by sacking Rudkin, Susan, the whole scouting department and the medical sciene team by the sounds of this utter tripe  lol

Has he underperformed? Yes very much so, but he does not run the whole club, he too has a boss who holds him, or at least should, accountable

Now I am not interested in him staying, but I am also not interested a witch hunt without factual facts

That graphic is misleading due to the fact we have had some massive fees for average players in his tenure but yes it is surprising also. 

The main issue is his attitude and negativity. Of course other areas of the club need a huge overhaul but his way of dealing with it has been nothing short of utterly pathetic for a grown man. And I use the term grown loosely on account of his height! (I am very short myself so feel I can say it) :whistle:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

'this week there must be a response'.

Not read the article, but if it doesn't state what kind of response that is, it does beg the question as to what it will be.

An interview with the board, a statement, a 'dreaded vote of confidence', Rodgers actually being sacked?

Maybe the 'response' is announcing a signing - this is not enough, as welcome as a signing would be. There needs to be a lot of accountability and ownership of the problems. Accept there are problems, tell us how they're going to be solved. Tell us what the plan is. I wouldn't usually expect owners to just come out and say something for the sake of it, but times like this it is appropriate. It's needed. Out of respect for the club and fans if nothing else.

A while after Vichai died, the club put out a video where Top stated KP were still dedicated to LCFC, would not sell and wanted to make the team competitive. And in fairness they did all of that; training academy, signings, top 5 finishes and FA Cup win. 

This season the silence has been deafening. When we were first promoted we were losing every week, we were at the bottom of the league. But for the most part the fans were with the team, who fought in every match. If things are crap and we are in major financial trouble then there should be some comms around that. Forest have spent more money in one window this season than we have in any of our previous windows. And now they’ve played us off the park. Of course fans are going to rightfully question the club. 

Rodgers is the only person that speaks for the club. This season Top needed to say something. He and Rudkin are hiding away and destroying years of goodwill built up by the club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

That graphic is misleading due to the fact we have had some massive fees for average players in his tenure but yes it is surprising also. 

The main issue is his attitude and negativity. Of course other areas of the club need a huge overhaul but his way of dealing with it has been nothing short of utterly pathetic for a grown man. And I use the term grown loosely on account of his height! (I am very short myself so feel I can say it) :whistle:

Yup, and he should go, it would be best for everyone, but its the playground nature of the campagin it I find a bit much as the problems are far more far reaching than just the manager imo

Wonder if the Board tried to negotiate a 'by mutual agreement' resignation, to save face all round, but Brendan has refused any deal. Hence silence from Board.

He knows they want him out. Sounded like that on MOTD.

Edited by FoxFossil

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yup, and he should go, it would be best for everyone, but its the playground nature of the campagin it I find a bit much as the problems are far more far reaching than just the manager imo

Given Rodgers is acting like a petulant child himself, I think it is only natural that a lot of supporters respond in kind! 

I don’t think our squad even with injuries is worse than the rest of the league. It’s more about mentality and wanting to fight. This is why I think literally anybody for the rest of the season could get a better turn out the squad than Rodgers which is why that’s got to be the first change. Get through to the summer and try to rectify the other wrongs! 

Rodgers is the biggest single problem in my view. The recruitment drying up due to poor transfers came from his man after all and everything on the pitch the buck stops with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

Wonder if the Board tried to negotiate a 'by mutual agreement' resignation, to save face all round, but Brendan has refused any deal. Hence silence from Board.

He knows they want him out. Sounded like that on MOTD.

Then you come out and shame him, no?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Given Rodgers is acting like a petulant child himself, I think it is only natural that a lot of supporters respond in kind! 

I don’t think our squad even with injuries is worse than the rest of the league. It’s more about mentality and wanting to fight. This is why I think literally anybody for the rest of the season could get a better turn out the squad than Rodgers which is why that’s got to be the first change. Get through to the summer and try to rectify the other wrongs! 

Rodgers is the biggest single problem in my view. The recruitment drying up due to poor transfers came from his man after all and everything on the pitch the buck stops with him.

Like this post apart from buck stops with him, it doesn`t, it always stops with To as the owner, in fact only Top can fix this unless Brendan walks away

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Like this post apart from buck stops with him, it doesn`t, it always stops with To as the owner, in fact only Top can fix this unless Brendan walks away

Ah I was referring more to instilling the right mentality in the squad and tactics. The match day stuff. Where the buck stops with the manager.

Of course looking more deeply then yes it is up to Top as the owner to remove the manager if he is not doing these things!

• Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s about 1000x more than the majority of people are doing.

True. Sadly it seems like the majority of match going fans don't give a shit and are happy to keep lapping up the shit being served. Foxestalk are primarily Brendan out barring a few oddballs and the inevitable fence sitters

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Now I am not interested in him staying, but I am also not interested a witch hunt without factual facts

None of those teams sold multiple players for massive profit

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

True. Sadly it seems like the majority of match going fans don't give a shit and are happy to keep lapping up the shit being served. Foxestalk are primarily Brendan out barring a few oddballs and the inevitable fence sitters

The more the message gets out, the better

My company has a job on at the training ground today, but my bosses aren’t sending me, for very obvious reasons

Ironic though because I was planning to visit the training ground in a personal capacity at one point this week. 👀 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I sadly learnt to understand this on Saturday.