Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's so much Rodgers PR going on here it's bonkers. It's also pretty hypocritical (more on that in a second.)

I hate these net spend stats used in isolation. Is there another club in the league making the consistent profit from key sales as us? Since winning the league we've sold three defenders alone for about 200m including record or near record sales of CBs twice. 

Out net spend is obviously going to be a lot lower than the clubs that just splurge. Moreover, when was the fee paid ever a metric alone of a good player? We are literally famous for amassing Premier League and then FA Cup winning squads for significantly less than the competition. 

As for the hypocrisy, Brand Brendan was claiming credit for the "over achievement" of the teams performance versus its outlay. It was never really Rodgers achievement at the time, the squad was very good and he didn't buy the players, the recruitment team did. But he took credit regardless despite having one of the best squads the club has ever had given to him. 

Now he wants to turn that around, absolve himself of any responsibility for the playing staff and bemoan the lack of investment. Which one is it, Brendan? Because if he was responsible for the over achievement, he's responsible for this too. 

As it stands, I think people need reminding that 90% of the team that were in a title race at Christmas 2019 are still here, still under contract and most of them are older and more experienced for the better with only really Evans and Vardy in some decline and even the latter scored very handily last year per 90.

The squad is not the problem. Its never been the problem. Its drastic under performance is. The squad is good enough that it didn't need massive investment to not be in a relegation fight, people need to stop swallowing this rubbish about a huge rebuild being needed. It didn't need a huge rebuild this year or after the Forest Cup loss it just needed a new manager. 

When did I say he should not go? The binary nature of conclusions on here is nauseating. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No problem with that, but we need to see a decisive sign from the board, a sense of unity and agreement that he needs to go, and this would be addressing more than  just Rodgers going, it would give a direction, some intent for change

(Unveils Sean Dyche...)

Totally agree. We need more transparency from the owners about exactly what are ambitions and plans are. This disconnect between fans and the clubs needs fixing 

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

What signings did he make to get us there and where are we now? Since those two 5th place finishes we have declined.

Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, James Justin, Wes Fofana.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

It’s a very strange situation ! I wonder if the club has a relegation clause in Rodgers contract ? What’s going on with the stadium updating it’s all gone very quiet even though planning has been granted. Something just doesn’t add up, I can’t see money being a issue as we only spend really what we bring in from sales etc. The silence is what’s worrying me the most…..

...Top's hand is tied at the moment, at this moment the stewardship of the club is not defined!!!

There use to be a few posters on FT from Thailand who probably could shed some light on what is happening out there, in respect of the Owners family disputes and the new structure for the running of their business.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

No disputing we are declining but we did get there and he pl;ayed his part

Taking transfers aside, his tactics with this squad is clearly not working and there's a stubborness to change (this has always been the case, ala: goals conceded from set pieces and reluctance to drop zonal marking). And he bombs out players and refuses to use them again (Soyuncu in this case, he cannot be worse than Amartey.. who I think won a competition to be a professional footballer).

Simply put, yes I do think Brendan can turn things around and possibly keep us up, but it will revert back to boring Brendan ball with this absolutely slow lethargic build up which only serves to p*** off the crowd and have to negatively impact our attacking output. It's time to go, fresh thinking, bring players back into the fray and see how we go.

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Youri Tielemans, Timothy Castagne, James Justin, Wes Fofana.

Youri - leaving

Timothy - no improvement on Ricardo but yes ok will give you that one considering Ricardo is now consistently injury hit.

JJ - Has he been injured more than he's been available now?

Fofana - gone

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Youri - leaving

Timothy - no improvement on Ricardo but yes ok will give you that one considering Ricardo is now consistently injury hit.

JJ - Has he been injured more than he's been available now?

Fofana - gone

I’m not saying we should keep him because of those signings (we shouldn’t keep him). It’s just a bit silly to suggest that signings we made under Brendan weren’t important to getting those 5th place finishes or the cup win.

It's always about money or ego or both. These foreign businessmen think sports franchises are a way to boost their global profile , for themselves and their business. They are loss leaders though and the question is how much money are you prepared to lose?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Two 5th place finishes?

Disingenuous at best. How has he improved the squad? Tielemans, Castagne, Justin and Fofana - all good, I'll give him those. One of them is gone, one of them has had an eye on the door for two years and one of them is permanently crocked, so I'm not even sure how successful you can say any of those are. The rest of our signings under him have been an utter and abject waste of money.

£200m is a healthy amount to spend - provided you don't piss it up the wall. The squad should be looking better after £200m+, not worse and the fact that he hides behind this net spend argument, rather than bear any responsibility for the squad or performances is extremely poor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

Tielemans was already here on loan when Puel was here. We would have made it permanent regardless of who the manager was.

I know, but it’s relevant when we’re picking apart the money spent under Rodgers. I’m not crediting the manager for the signing, I’m just challenging the implication that we made no good signings under him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's so much Rodgers PR going on here it's bonkers. It's also pretty hypocritical (more on that in a second.)

I hate these net spend stats used in isolation. Is there another club in the league making the consistent profit from key sales as us? Since winning the league we've sold three defenders alone for about 200m including record or near record sales of CBs twice. 

Out net spend is obviously going to be a lot lower than the clubs that just splurge. Moreover, when was the fee paid ever a metric alone of a good player? We are literally famous for amassing Premier League and then FA Cup winning squads for significantly less than the competition. 

As for the hypocrisy, Brand Brendan was claiming credit for the "over achievement" of the teams performance versus its outlay. It was never really Rodgers achievement at the time, the squad was very good and he didn't buy the players, the recruitment team did. But he took credit regardless despite having one of the best squads the club has ever had given to him. 

Now he wants to turn that around, absolve himself of any responsibility for the playing staff and bemoan the lack of investment. Which one is it, Brendan? Because if he was responsible for the over achievement, he's responsible for this too. 

As it stands, I think people need reminding that 90% of the team that were in a title race at Christmas 2019 are still here, still under contract and most of them are older and more experienced for the better with only really Evans and Vardy in some decline and even the latter scored very handily last year per 90.

The squad is not the problem. Its never been the problem. Its drastic under performance is. The squad is good enough that it didn't need massive investment to not be in a relegation fight, people need to stop swallowing this rubbish about a huge rebuild being needed. It didn't need a huge rebuild this year or after the Forest Cup loss it just needed a new manager. 

Every word of this. Well said. 

Just now, indierich06 said:

Disingenuous at best. How has he improved the squad? Tielemans, Castagne, Justin and Fofana - all good, I'll give him those. One of them is gone, one of them has had an eye on the door for two years and one of them is permanently crocked, so I'm not even sure how successful you can say any of those are. The rest of our signings under him have been an utter and abject waste of money.

I mean we did make 30m+ profit on Fofana and won the FA Cup thanks to the aforementioned signings so I think it would be fair to say they were very successful.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Top's hand is tied at the moment, at this moment the stewardship of the club is not defined!!!

There use to be a few posters on FT from Thailand who probably could shed some light on what is happening out there, in respect of the Owners family disputes and the new structure for the running of their business.

Maybe that’s true but you still have to look after your assets, not run them into the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Taking transfers aside, his tactics with this squad is clearly not working and there's a stubborness to change (this has always been the case, ala: goals conceded from set pieces and reluctance to drop zonal marking). And he bombs out players and refuses to use them again (Soyuncu in this case, he cannot be worse than Amartey.. who I think won a competition to be a professional footballer).

Simply put, yes I do think Brendan can turn things around and possibly keep us up, but it will revert back to boring Brendan ball with this absolutely slow lethargic build up which only serves to p*** off the crowd and have to negatively impact our attacking output. It's time to go, fresh thinking, bring players back into the fray and see how we go.

Had hoped he can get us over the safety line this year and we could have a wholesale change around over the summer, yet I am unconvinced, this was solidified over the weekend not only by our loss to Forest which I felt was always likely, but also by Fulham unfortunate loss to Newcastle. 

We are so far from both teams it really is mindblowing

To finish on a non Brendan bashing point, the club neds to own this problem 100%, not blaming the club to the same degree, but action the problem as only they can fix it in reality

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

I mean we did make 30m+ profit on Fofana and won the FA Cup thanks to the aforementioned signings so I think it would be fair to say they were very successful.

If you only need £100m worth of investment in players to come good for 1-2 seasons, then I guess so. 

Edited by indierich06

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

£200m is a healthy amount to spend - provided you don't piss it up the wall. The squad should be looking better after £200m+, not worse and the fact that he hides behind this net spend argument, rather than bear any responsibility for the squad or performances is extremely poor. 

Nice convenient term, how is it disingenuous? League position is surely the ultimate indicator of success or failure

These arguments about "you spent X you must improve" are disnenuous themselves, as they willfully ignore that others could have spent twice as much!

Never disputed he should do better mind!

Edited by Dahnsouff

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

When did I say he should not go? The binary nature of conclusions on here is nauseating. 

Sorry, I should have been clear, my post was about the graphic not what you wrote. I was going to delete your text and just leave the graphic but it's early and I'm very tired. 

16 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Maybe that’s true but you still have to look after your assets, not run them into the ground. 

..that is true, it would be foolish to neglect the running of your business!!!

But Top has not neglected his business,  more likely fighting tooth and nail to get the control he needs, but until that matter is resolved, we are locked into this situation.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Brendan Rodgers holds the record for 4th most expensive transfer fee for a manager. Only beaten by those going to Chelsea and Bayern Munich. He's also one of the most highly paid managers in the league.

If we spent a record fee on a player and gave him massive wages, and he made the whole team worse whenever he played, only to come out slating his colleagues and the club after the match, how would the happy clappers react to that?

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry buy I disagree with a fundamental part of what you say. The squad unequivocally does need a major overall. We have half of the first team squad likely departing over the next few seasons and included in that must also be the likes of Bertrand and Vestergaard because those backup positions will need to be filled as well. I agree with you that Rodgers shoulders responsibility for the first team sqaud affairs but if we are talking about responsibility then we need to look at the ownership as the buck stops with them and there are frankly too many issues with the club at present for them not to be held accountable.