Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

We can save a fortune by sacking Rudkin, Susan, the whole scouting department and the medical sciene team by the sounds of this utter tripe  lol

How some survived during the gresat escape is quite beyond me!

Has he underperformed? Yes very much so, but he does not run the whole club, he too has a boss who holds him, or at least should, accountable

Now I am not interested in him staying, but I am also not interested a witch hunt without actual facts

And in response to the has he been backed

Only speaks for one side of the story. The squad inherited when Rodgers took over was very good, Puel really built a good, solid team. We then sold one large asset per season to be replaced with 3 or 4 others. It just shows how bad the running of the transfers has gone recently (and the manager is a part of that as much as the board).

Newcastle and Villa for example had bang average squads, Villa came back up from the Championship. Both had to spend to bring their squads up to scratch and had very little quality to sell and receive income from transfers. So as much as those are big figures in the graphic, it doesn't paint the whole picture.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

He's spent £213m. What have we got to show for it?

Whilst I want him to go, it's still a 100m less then the likes of Villa, Newcastle and West Ham.

We have an FA Cup what do they have?

Like I say still want to see a change, but in reality we have spent less then others.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's so much Rodgers PR going on here it's bonkers. It's also pretty hypocritical (more on that in a second.)

I hate these net spend stats used in isolation. Is there another club in the league making the consistent profit from key sales as us? Since winning the league we've sold three defenders alone for about 200m including record or near record sales of CBs twice. 

Out net spend is obviously going to be a lot lower than the clubs that just splurge. Moreover, when was the fee paid ever a metric alone of a good player? We are literally famous for amassing Premier League and then FA Cup winning squads for significantly less than the competition. 

As for the hypocrisy, Brand Brendan was claiming credit for the "over achievement" of the teams performance versus its outlay. It was never really Rodgers achievement at the time, the squad was very good and he didn't buy the players, the recruitment team did. But he took credit regardless despite having one of the best squads the club has ever had given to him. 

Now he wants to turn that around, absolve himself of any responsibility for the playing staff and bemoan the lack of investment. Which one is it, Brendan? Because if he was responsible for the over achievement, he's responsible for this too. 

As it stands, I think people need reminding that 90% of the team that were in a title race at Christmas 2019 are still here, still under contract and most of them are older and more experienced for the better with only really Evans and Vardy in some decline and even the latter scored very handily last year per 90.

The squad is not the problem. Its never been the problem. Its drastic under performance is. The squad is good enough that it didn't need massive investment to not be in a relegation fight, people need to stop swallowing this rubbish about a huge rebuild being needed. It didn't need a huge rebuild this year or after the Forest Cup loss it just needed a new manager. 

lets not forget that he used to trot out the line that "it was a young team and they would improve"..... 

feels like we clearly missed the moment that they went from a young team, to one on the decline..... 

He can't have it both ways. 

• Like 1

More going on behind the scenes than we will ever get to know. Fed up with the FFP bullshit ! why are we the only ones suffering if that the case . 

If I'm right in thinking you need to have more money coming in than going on, look at the expenditure list , far worse than us out there !

Premier League transfer spending rankings 2022/23: Haaland, Nunez, Richarlison, Jesus and more. Which EPL club has spent the most? | Sporting News United Kingdom

Just now, Greg2607 said:

lets not forget that he used to trot out the line that "it was a young team and they would improve"..... 

feels like we clearly missed the moment that they went from a young team, to one on the decline..... 

He can't have it both ways. 

...he tends to forget what he had previously said, and then contradicts himself!!!

So in reality we have just never spent any money that we have gained from being a Premier League side. Only what we have made in sales. When we have spent 100m less than a team like Villa, it absolutely isn't all going on wages. 

Having said that Rodgers doesn't deserve a pass either. He's only been able to get squad players with the money he has had, and managed to make a 25 man squad a squad of about 20 to pick from because of his issues with some of them players. Extremely poor man management.

But yeah i'm quite sick of defending the ownership since Vichai's death. It's been run so badly and has taken us from a top 6 side to on the brink of being a Championship one. And no one at the club seems to care.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

I'm already there. Sack them all!

I'm pretty much there too. You'll have people telling us to be careful what we wish but what do we gain with having this current board/owner in charge. 

Money - no.

Stability - no. 

Progression on the pitch - no.

Communication - no.

The era is over - here's to new investment, leadership and growth. 

We might have to go down before it happens though which is a mark on the current regime. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I'm pretty much there too. You'll have people telling us to be careful what we wish but what do we gain with having this current board/owner in charge. 

Money - no.

Stability - no. 

Communication - no.

We might have to go down before it happens though which is a mark on the current regime. 

People have been telling us to be careful what we wish for ever since we sacked Ranieri after the title win and we've done pretty well since then.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Money - no.

Stability - no. 

Communication - no.

I wasn’t with you on this, but this weekend my opinion has changed. Owners asleep at the wheel. If they act, it’ll be a different matter.

Do something, or sell us and we’ll roll the dice. We’re going down anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

The problem with the owners is that they are literally doing nothing. Either back the manager publicly and give him some funds to work with or sack him. Worst thing they can do is just stay silent like they are.

I agree but I would guess that they want the manager in place in order to sign players this window as players think twice about joining a side without knowing who their boss is going to be. To this end I would imagine if they don't already have a replacement lined up to step in immediately that BR will be in post until a week or two past the end of the window which gives him a chance with any new additions to turn results, albeit a slim one.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Money - no.

Stability - no. 

Communication - no.

...yes things could be better, but the adversity is mostly of the performances on the pitch!!!

If we are doing well on the pitch no one talks about the board. So much of this goes away, when you have a manager who is pragmatic and wants to be here.

Money - no. -we are backed as much as we can be. We cannot just throw money into the club, it is against FFP and makes us potentially liable for losing hard earned points. 

Stability - no. - Well to a point we do have that, our injuries has not helped but we are an established Premier league Club.

Progression on the pitch - no.- That comes down to one man. It is still not his team even though he has been here for coming up 4 years.

Communication - no.- We do need for the club to communicate more.

17 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

More going on behind the scenes than we will ever get to know. Fed up with the FFP bullshit ! why are we the only ones suffering if that the case . 

If I'm right in thinking you need to have more money coming in than going on, look at the expenditure list , far worse than us out there !

Premier League transfer spending rankings 2022/23: Haaland, Nunez, Richarlison, Jesus and more. Which EPL club has spent the most? | Sporting News United Kingdom

Our TV revenue is tied up with infrastructure improvements (training ground, stadium expansion), we rely on player sales to reinvest back into the squad.

Long-term, what is the better option? Watching Brendan chuff half a billion up the wall or take the short term pain for long term gain?

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The squad will absolutely, definitely need to be significantly reshaped at the end of this season. We have a lot of people out of contract or who will be approaching the last year of theirs. No question. 

But the squad did not need a "major overhaul" after we lost to Forest in the cup, it was just a distraction. It was also a distraction when he made the same comment in the summer when, again, we weren't in desperate need of it then either. 

I see your point. My worry is the rotation of players on contracts ending at/or around the same time I.e. 2023/24 and of which we have many players in that category. We all know about the RW position but we haven't had one for 2 seasons nor a backup and it's all well and good when Justin and Castagne can play wingbacks but that brings into question the standard of having 3 decent and fit CB's which we don't have either of. Just an example of player rotation.

I agree that BR's comments and choice of words have become difficult to swallow, but equally harder to understand that there is no one at the club that appears to rein him in.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The squad will absolutely, definitely need to be significantly reshaped at the end of this season. We have a lot of people out of contract or who will be approaching the last year of theirs. No question. 

But the squad did not need a "major overhaul" after we lost to Forest in the cup, it was just a distraction. It was also a distraction when he made the same comment in the summer when, again, we weren't in desperate need of it then either. 

What's even funnier about the overhaul comments and creating competition for places comments is he's had chances to do that without us ever signing anyone. Iversen, Sowah, Wright, regardless of whether they were or are good enough remains to be seen as he never gave any of them a chance here and still isn't really with Iversen. But he's happy to give players like Brunt game time which makes the discarding of the above even more baffling. The above all had decent spells away from the club, and weren't given chances to carry that momentum through in to our squad and push existing players to fight to keep their places.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

There's so much Rodgers PR going on here it's bonkers. It's also pretty hypocritical (more on that in a second.)

I hate these net spend stats used in isolation. Is there another club in the league making the consistent profit from key sales as us? Since winning the league we've sold three defenders alone for about 200m including record or near record sales of CBs twice. 

Out net spend is obviously going to be a lot lower than the clubs that just splurge. Moreover, when was the fee paid ever a metric alone of a good player? We are literally famous for amassing Premier League and then FA Cup winning squads for significantly less than the competition. 

As for the hypocrisy, Brand Brendan was claiming credit for the "over achievement" of the teams performance versus its outlay. It was never really Rodgers achievement at the time, the squad was very good and he didn't buy the players, the recruitment team did. But he took credit regardless despite having one of the best squads the club has ever had given to him. 

Now he wants to turn that around, absolve himself of any responsibility for the playing staff and bemoan the lack of investment. Which one is it, Brendan? Because if he was responsible for the over achievement, he's responsible for this too. 

As it stands, I think people need reminding that 90% of the team that were in a title race at Christmas 2019 are still here, still under contract and most of them are older and more experienced for the better with only really Evans and Vardy in some decline and even the latter scored very handily last year per 90.

The squad is not the problem. Its never been the problem. Its drastic under performance is. The squad is good enough that it didn't need massive investment to not be in a relegation fight, people need to stop swallowing this rubbish about a huge rebuild being needed. It didn't need a huge rebuild this year or after the Forest Cup loss it just needed a new manager. 

Our average fee per player sold is £28.5m under Rodgers. The second highest out of the non top 6 is Everton at £8.2m. We are miles above the rest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Whilst I want him to go, it's still a 100m less then the likes of Villa, Newcastle and West Ham.

We have an FA Cup what do they have?

Like I say still want to see a change, but in reality we have spent less than others.

They have all sold way more first team players than us.

Since Rodgers took over the below is number of first team players sold.

Leicester 8

Villa 22

Newcastle 14

West Ham 26