Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If there are any stout Rodgers in fans out there I would love to hear an argument from them for him to remain in his post. 

I’ve tried searching for reasons myself and simply can’t. 

The only argument they have left is telling you to name a manager that is better and is available now before instantly rubbishing any suggestions. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If there are any stout Rodgers in fans out there I would love to hear an argument from them for him to remain in his post. 

I’ve tried searching for reasons myself and simply can’t. 

F-it, I'm Rodgers out and bored... come get me!

Name someone whose going to take over and just think where we were 15 years ago!

Do your worst! lol

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

Anyone other than BR is an improvement.

Not according to some of these guys, you name a suggestion and their noses turn up.

Its a weird situation because they believe certain managers like Dyche are not good enough for us but at the same time they are telling us despite the threat of relegation that we need 'perspective' and we should be grateful to be where we are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Not according to some of these guys, you name a suggestion and their noses turn up.

Its a weird situation because they believe certain managers like Dyche are not good enough for us but at the same time they are telling us despite the threat of relegation that we need 'perspective' and we should be grateful to be where we are. 

It is easy to suggest "example manager" isn't up to the job, but how does that mean BR is?

Grateful? Yes I am, to the Thai owners who have lead us from the Championship to Europe. I am very grateful.

I am grateful to Pearson, Walsh & Raneri also. I believe Rodgers did well initially, but he never improved on the overall jobs that the guys in the past did. Rodgers was given the best squad we ever had and he has reduced its effectiveness on the pitch with the same old Rodgersball that never changes, and the players values and length of contract remaining are all down to us not progressing as a club, inthe same direction as the individual players aspirations. It is so simple, I am surprised it has taken this long for many fans to become vocal in their protest, but the old skool and vocally passionate fans have been priced out of the game.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Erm. 

Sean Dyche is absolutely, unequivocally not good enough for us. 

If I had my way, even mentioning his name in the same breath as our managerial position should get you volunteered for Elon's next rocket launch. 

I mean our current manager needs to go but that doesn't mean we want to go out and just hire anyone. 

There's an entire world of football managers out there. We really aren't just limited to Dyche, Benitez or idk Sam fvcking Allardyce if he's still alive. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Erm. 

If I had my way, even mentioning his name in the same breath as our managerial position should get you volunteered for Elon's next rocket launch. 

I mean our current manager needs to go but that doesn't mean we want to go out and just hire anyone. 

There's an entire world of football managers out there. We really aren't just limited to Dyche, Benitez or idk Sam fvcking Allardyce if he's still alive. 

The issue is, when have we appointed someone who was 'outside the box' under this ownership? The next manager who they are, will be someone we all would have heard of. 

Edited by BenTheFox

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The issue is, when have we appointed someone who was 'outside the box' under this ownership? The next manager who they are, will be someone we all would have heard of. 

They rarely scratch the surface in their homework. So it’s nailed on to be someone like Nuno 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Look at Brighton’s appointment of Roberto Di Zerbi. It’s almost as though talented managers exist beyond Benitez, Dyche and Moyes. 

So true, but that would require scouting, planning and delivering. Something we just don’t do anymore 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Erm. 

I think its slightly elitist given our position. We need a manager that has a proven track record of managing on a budget and making the absolute most of what he has. Yes he probably isn't a long term solution if we want to get back to where we were but in terms of what we need right now arguably Dyche is the ideal candidate. 

As someone else has mentioned - It doesn't appear that the club does much research into who they hire so we will be stuck with someone we've heard of and out of the 3 you've named along with Pardew, Nuno, Hasenhuttl and Ole Gunnar I think Dyche would be the one I'd rather have.

It might be a hard one to take but when have the board or owners ever named a manager that would be considered outside of the box? They sacked Pearson for a bigger name the first time round only to bring him back after failing with Sousa and Eriksson. Ranieri was a big name, Puel had managed in the league previously and Rodgers was the same. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Look at Brighton’s appointment of Roberto Di Zerbi. It’s almost as though talented managers exist beyond Benitez, Dyche and Moyes. 

Clearly but our board haven't heard of anyone who's not managed in the PL.

22 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Clearly but our board haven't heard of anyone who's not managed in the PL.

This is where we will be restricted. We'll be shopping around the bargain basement for managers with previous PL experience. 

The closest we came to coming away from the clear and simple formula the board has is when we thought Preki was about to be named our new manager. 

Edited by Dames

It's such a bizarre recruitment strategy. Any manager with "PL experience" has almost certainly failed at the club he gained that experience in, hence now being available. 

Did Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Potter (at Brighton), De Zebri, etc, etc, etc have PL experience when they had success? Nope. Were/are they decent? Yep.