Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Again, it’s not our jobs to even bother doing this. I don’t spend my weekends analysing managers careers, there should be someone at the club regularly doing so though.

I don’t mind people mentioning people like Dyche, we’ve reached anyone would be better territory. But I would expect far better from a club being run well, to just go with a name we all know without doing their homework on the rest of the world. 

Agreed. 

Makes me laugh when people say 'give me some names then', as though they could name more than 5 managers outside of this country themselves.

The lack of self awareness is staggering.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxer said:

It's such a bizarre recruitment strategy. Any manager with "PL experience" has almost certainly failed at the club he gained that experience in, hence now being available. 

Did Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho, Potter (at Brighton), De Zebri, etc, etc, etc have PL experience when they had success? Nope. Were/are they decent? Yep. 

there's failure and there is failure.

I don't see Dyche or Eddie Howe (prior to NCFC) as failures, in the same vein as Sherwood for example

• Like 2

Nobody has any faith that our board could go even slightly left-field with a managergial appointment. That's why they went all in on Brendan, they don't know anything about running an elite football operation so rely completely on him to talk them through it. We have been a top half Premier League outfit run essentially like a small family business.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

there's failure and there is failure.

I don't see Dyche or Eddie Howe (prior to NCFC) as failures, in the same vein as Sherwood for example

Dyche went stale at Burnley because of A) A lack of investment and B) when there was finally money he refused to deviate from his way of working and went stale. Regardless he had them performing above themselves for several seasons on end and I think he'll have learnt lessons from the experience.

Howe was also in a very similar position. I think thats how modern management is though, managers now have a shelf life for effectiveness. Klopp is now struggling and even Pep is starting to struggle this season despite signing the monster that is Haaland. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

image.thumb.png.af25ab0167cba07934f46c3223ebc030.png

This guy is my pick, I really do think he's going to be something special.

Are those off the RB production line actually special though? Or do they just have the priviledge of working with the best young players in the world within mediocre leagues? 

- Marsch isn't exactly pulling up trees

- Hassenhuttl was steady at best

- Nagelsmann possibly an outlier in that he did well before RBL... but he went straight to another job that most could probably do with a 'just go out and do what you do' attitude (also still no Champions Leauge...)

- Marco Rose has just sort of floated around their network after failing elsewhere

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone got The Athletic? Is this actually what's been quoted from an article or is this made up shite? 

Alarmingly the above quote is correct & from Rob Tanners article today. 

Despite the gravity of the situation, the owners have put their faith in Rodgers previously after everything he has achieved over the last four years, recognising that they have not been able to give him the support he needed in the last two transfer windows. They wanted to correct that in this one and are expected to keep faith in Rodgers.

https://theathletic.com/4091256/2023/01/16/leicester-nottingham-forest-losing-streak/?source=emp_shared_article

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone got The Athletic? Is this actually what's been quoted from an article or is this made up shite? 

Nope its pretty much along the right lines of what Tanner has put. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

That’s exactly my point. How many of us had heard of De Zerbi? 

...the problem with this is, should anyone have mentioned him prior to his appointment,  the answer would have been who is he!!!

If the recipient to the answer had never heard of the manager,  then he cannot truly evaluate their suitability for the post.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the problem with this is, should anyone have mentioned him prior to his appointment,  the answer would have been who is he!!!

If the recipient to the answer had never heard of the manager,  then he cannot truly evaluate their suitability for the post.

It’s not up to fans to be completely knowledgeable on managers from the rest of Europe. Honestly, I just think it has to be anyone else.

Much like when we got rid of Ranieri. The current attitude would’ve seen us get relegated in 2017. 

He follows it up with "But it could get harder in the second half of the season if Leicester continue to suffer crushing defeats like this, with no reinforcements and more injuries."

Truth is, neither he nor Percy have heard anything one way or another.

I can't see him going for a few weeks though, unless he loses the dressing room. He'll be given a chance with whatever reinforcements we end up bringing in.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Erm. 

Sean Dyche is absolutely, unequivocally not good enough for us. 

If I had my way, even mentioning his name in the same breath as our managerial position should get you volunteered for Elon's next rocket launch. 

I mean our current manager needs to go but that doesn't mean we want to go out and just hire anyone. 

There's an entire world of football managers out there. We really aren't just limited to Dyche, Benitez or idk Sam fvcking Allardyce if he's still alive. 

''There's an entire world of football managers out there''  Exactly. There are 20 managers in the Premier League. Aside from a very small number who wouldn't be interested as they are at very big European clubs, pretty much every manager in the world would dream of managing here. 

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s not up to fans to be completely knowledgeable on managers from the rest of Europe. Honestly, I just think it has to be anyone else.

Much like when we got rid of Ranieri. The current attitude would’ve seen us get relegated in 2017. 

On Saturday I rhetorically asked the question 'Is Shakespeare a better manager than Ranieri?'. The person I was arguing with responded with a no. It was however the change that was required to ensure that we weren't relegated. Right now, doing everything we can do to make sure that we don't get relegated is the only thing that should be of concern, not rewarding good performance in the past or not wanting to upset people in the media.

• Like 1