Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s not up to fans to be completely knowledgeable on managers from the rest of Europe. Honestly, I just think it has to be anyone else.

Much like when we got rid of Ranieri. The current attitude would’ve seen us get relegated in 2017. 

...my post was not alluding to that!!!

Just that the "tell me who would be better argument" holds little water, as both parties are not aware of the individual, and therefore no reasoned discussion can take place.

Maybe time has made me forget just how bad things were, but right now Brendan reminds me of Peter Taylor. The old heads are past their best, the young lads try hard but probably aren’t good enough and he’s made an absolute cock up of any signings he’s made. And tactically he can’t find his way out of it. I can’t see where a goal is coming from let alone a point. Seasons over unless he goes and we get somebody in that can light a fire under these players.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Cheaper to sack the manager than give him £50m on players who’ll either

A) be shit
B) get injured
C) fall out with.

We are 16 days into a 31 day window, in a run of horrid form for the second time this season and the threat of relegation is very real. Yet they still haven't dipped their hands in their pockets.

We won't be buying anyone and we won't be sacking the manager. This whole keeping the faith argument if a smokescreen to hide how skint we are. 

• Like 2

Anyone expecting him to be sacked is deluding themselves. He wasn't sacked after that abysmal start to the season, that followed an abysmal end to last season. We're still in a cup, not (yet) in the bottom 3 and still halfway to go in the league so there's plenty of weeks for the board to keep their heads down.

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Brendan came on bbc RL to answer some questions and gave honest answer would that be enough to get fans support.

Brendan doesn't run the club though. The back him or sack him strategy comes from above him. The reality is, he isn't wrong when he says he can only work with what he has got. 

Of course, its also up to the board to determine is Brendan is doing the best with what he has.

If what we are hearing is true, and they are indeed going to back him, then we must be seeing significant spend coming in very soon. Cheaper options that take a year to bed in aren't going to cut it.

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah they fought until the 80th minute then we’d concede three goals, if I remember correctly.

That one time at Middlesbrough yeah.

But the two seasons of no money, players taking pay cuts, some had stayed following relegation to help us back up. Wouldn't happen now.

This set off players don't look bothered every game and, for two seasons running, can't even get up for Forest away.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That one time at Middlesbrough yeah.

But the two seasons of no money, players taking pay cuts, some had stayed following relegation to help us back up. Wouldn't happen now.

This set off players don't look bothered every game and, for two seasons running, can't even get up for Forest away.

I think there were a few other games, but the effort was always there. Although I was 7/8 years old in 2002, I only have fond memories of that team. Was it Summerbee or Mckinlay who played for almost nothing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I think there were a few other games, but the effort was always there. Although I was 7/8 years old in 2002, I only have fond memories of that team. Was it Summerbee or Mckinlay who played for almost nothing?

I think both deferred wages.

Billy McKinlay was excellent during his period here. He wasn't the fastest but very good with the ball. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The prem season after we got promoted with Summerbee and McKinlay there was a stat that was something like we’d have finished 5th if games were 80 minutes. The team was pretty poor that season but at least they looked like they cared.

• Like 2