Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Brendan came on bbc RL to answer some questions and gave honest answer would that be enough to get fans support.

I mean, what's he meant to say.

I'd be more interested in hearing from Rudkin or Susan. 

3 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

The prem season after we got promoted with Summerbee and McKinlay there was a stat that was something like we’d have finished 5th if games were 80 minutes. The team was pretty poor that season but at least they looked like they cared.

Yeah that was the stat I was referring to in a previous post. I don't think the age of the players helped either.

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

The man does not want To be here. He is not invested in the club and it means the is no chance of moving forward. 
thats I can take but the fact he won’t walk as he wants the pay off is a disgrace:

coward of a man!!!

This is what irritates me. The people/media sticking up for him are forgetting that he would rather be anywhere else.

So their solution to making a mistake in the last two windows is to continue to make a mistake in the hope that the two will cancel each other out? Who cares if he's been hard done by, that shouldn't even factor into the decision making process.

Bizarre loyalty for a man who would absolutely not return the favour if say Chelsea came knocking.

Edited by -sodapop

I'm at the stage now where I don't think any of those top 5-6 would bother me.

Dyche - man of stability and would inspire some passion

Frank - worked wonders at Brentford and playing decent football

Benitez - has actually won things and bit of credibility to him (I'm ignoring Everton as even Ancelloti couldn't do anything there)

Bielsa - suicidal football is entertaining, at least

Poch - the ideal man for the job

• Like 1

Tuesday 24th October 2023

Stoke City 3 - 0 Leicester City

"Leicester City once again proved they are finding life outside of the Premier League difficult with yet another defeat on the road, seeing them sit just outside the relegation places, 1 point above Coventry City. A hatful of missed chances from Harvey Barnes compounded with a comedy of errors between Goalkeeper Danny Ward and defender Paddy McNair ensured it was an evening to forget for Leicester. Memories of the glory days of winning the title in 2016 and FA Cup in 2021 were firmly in the distant past when Leicester's 69th minute substitution, new signing winger Matt Phillips was sent off after just 2 minutes in to his debut"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm at the stage now where I don't think any of those top 5-6 would bother me.

Dyche - man of stability and would inspire some passion

Frank - worked wonders at Brentford and playing decent football

Benitez - has actually won things and bit of credibility to him (I'm ignoring Everton as even Ancelloti couldn't do anything there)

Bielsa - suicidal football is entertaining, at least

Poch - the ideal man for the job

I definitely don't want Benitez but he might not be as terrible of a choice as some make out. Everton was never going to work for him. He started quite well, but because of his past he was only ever a couple of bad results away from being under serious pressure. 

9 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

So their solution to making a mistake in the last two windows is to continue to make a mistake in the hope that the two will cancel each other out? Who cares if he's been hard done by, that shouldn't even factor into the decision making process.

Bizarre loyalty for a man who would absolutely not return the favour if say Chelsea came knocking.

.....and absolutely no acknowledgement that BR might be in someway be partly responsible for the utter financial mess we find ourselves in. Buying players he falls out with or won't use, letting players run their contracts down and awarding them the captaincy anyway. We have the best part of £100m (what we paid) of players walking away for free, nothing to do with Brendan though.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I definitely don't want Benitez but he might not be as terrible of a choice as some make out. Everton was never going to work for him. He started quite well, but because of his past he was only ever a couple of bad results away from being under serious pressure. 

He's not my first or second choice (Poch, Frank, Ralph) but we're at the stage where ANYONE is better, by virtue of being a change. 

It's interesting but I think one of the reasons Pep has lasted so long at Man City is he's kind of forced changes on himself. He clearly tried to get Kane or Haaland to have a no. 9, which sort of goes against his own method.

My point is - a good, GOOD manager will adapt over time. Otherwise you're left with a one trick pony. 

People blaming him from not walking away from the rest of his contract, would you? Millions of pounds at stake, you'd just walk away?

It's the clubs fault for giving him that length of contract and salary, they have to pull the trigger should they wish. 

• Like 4