Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Thomas Frank would be decent, but he’s signed a contract extension and no doubt would be quite hefty release clause to bring him here.

Pochettino would be the stand out name, if we can bring him in.

Neither are realistic options.

• Like 4

The passiveness on Facebook is astounding.

’I support the club all the time; not just when they’re winning’ being the attitude of some.

Sheep with no opinion other than to follow. FFS, none of us are saying we’re going to stop supporting LCFC and follow Arsenal. Some very low IQs out there. No passion, no fight, just follow. There are going to be some arguments in the stands on Saturday lads.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Thomas Frank would be decent, but he’s signed a contract extension and no doubt would be quite hefty release clause to bring him here.

Pochettino would be the stand out name, if we can bring him in.

Shame Poch is likely out of reach. I don't think it's completely impossible, as he has been out of work for a while and I am not sure there will be any sackings from the big clubs in the league this year. Potter is the only one in danger, and I think the owner will give him more time than normal, due to his own bizarre decision to sack Tuchel. 

He apparently loves the Premier League and still has his house in the UK, and we have the training ground to match anyone, as well as an exciting stadium upgrade.

I suspect Top just doesn't have the financial clout to give him what he would want in the transfer market though. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Shame Poch is likely out of reach. I don't think it's completely impossible, as he has been out of work for a while and I am not sure there will be any sackings from the big clubs in the league this year. Potter is the only one in danger, and I think the owner will give him more time than normal, due to his own bizarre decision to sack Tuchel. 

He apparently loves the Premier League and still has his house in the UK, and we have the training ground to match anyone, as well as an exciting stadium upgrade.

I suspect Top just doesn't have the financial clout to give him what he would want in the transfer market though. 

Spurs maybe the only option for Pochettino if Conte calls it a day.

29 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

People blaming him from not walking away from the rest of his contract, would you? Millions of pounds at stake, you'd just walk away?

It's the clubs fault for giving him that length of contract and salary, they have to pull the trigger should they wish. 

He has one foot on both sides. On one level he doesnt want to be here and is covering his ass by constantly deflecting from the on pitch performances to the transfer business, on the other hand he's fixed on staying until he gets sacked, so as a club we get the worst of both worlds.

If he's not going to step down he should at least try and apply himself as best as he can but it's simply not in his nature. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Spurs maybe the only option for Pochettino if Conte calls it a day.

I think Conte will get a tune out of Spurs for the rest of the season. Enough to keep his job anyway. Whether he throws his toys out the pram after this transfer window is another thing though. 

No doubt Levy would get Poch straight back in. If not, I do think Poch will get itchy feet and look for clubs with a decent project. Are we one these days though? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Bielsa has the Ranieri vibes but could also go the other way! I think the owners and board will probably go for the safe premier league option so wouldn’t be surprised if Benitez is on the list..

Yuck, hope not. He is less exciting than Dyche IMO! 

3 hours ago, Diffco said:

Well they've backed him with nothing so far. 2 weeks left and no signings. Are they backing him with a wad of monopoly money? 

Maybe they just mean back as in telling him he's a brave little soldier and doing a good job.

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

The passiveness on Facebook is astounding.

’I support the club all the time; not just when they’re winning’ being the attitude of some.

Sheep with no opinion other than to follow. FFS, none of us are saying we’re going to stop supporting LCFC and follow Arsenal. Some very low IQs out there. No passion, no fight, just follow. There are going to be some arguments in the stands on Saturday lads.

Yep and this is apparently the only way to be a good fan. When in actual fact they're part of the problem

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A joint announcement with a new signing lol

Just Harry Souttar holding a half and half Celtic/Leicester scarf that says 'The snake is dead' that'll do me... 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

If the board genuinely feel like they haven't supported him in Windows (which clearly is true) then he isn't going anywhere you'd have to assume. Now feels like we'd sooner as a club go down and put our hands up as being collectively responsible as board and manager rather than try to change its direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

If the board genuinely feel like they haven't supported him in Windows (which clearly is true) then he isn't going anywhere you'd have to assume. Now feels like we'd sooner as a club go down and put our hands up as being collectively responsible as board and manager rather than try to change its direction. 

Only we could make the manager bigger than the club

• Like 1