Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes even Sunderland, another historically big club. The same could be be said about many others. West Ham, Wolves, Leeds, to name just a few. Newcastle have been massive underachievers but there is no doubt that they are a sleeping giant.

... and not forgetting the mighty Huddersfield Town that won the first division 3 times (and an FA Cup) in the 1920's.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I dno why, but I've got some weird @Ric Flair confidence out of nowhere that this is the turning point, back to in your face pressing and taking the game to the opposition. Take them shackles off Brendan, bring sexy football back!!

nah, i think we need to persist with how we’re going tbh, i mean it’s too easy to rip things up, we’ve gone too far for that. just keep doing what we’re doing until it clicks.

besides this is the sexy football.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I dno why, but I've got some weird @Ric Flair confidence out of nowhere that this is the turning point, back to in your face pressing and taking the game to the opposition. Take them shackles off Brendan, bring sexy football back!!

Hahahaa well whatever happens I hope there's at least an attempt at a change in approach and mindset. I think we need to leave it all out there, even if we burn out after a stretch of games. The front foot pressing style of football is and always has been our best way of playing under Rodgers. We need wins, we need to be relentless in Europe too in the next month. Everyone needs to buy in to it and go berserk for as long as possible.

• Like 1

The next few games are my litmus for Rodgers.   We need to get our season going. 

Nacho and lookman must start as must a holding mid.

Tactics need to vary to keep defenders on their toes.

If brendan doesn't get a fire going ... or if ayoze or madders are anywhere near the starring 11 then I will be thru with him.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa well whatever happens I hope there's at least an attempt at a change in approach and mindset. I think we need to leave it all out there, even if we burn out after a stretch of games. The front foot pressing style of football is and always has been our best way of playing under Rodgers. We need wins, we need to be relentless in Europe too in the next month. Everyone needs to buy in to it and go berserk for as long as possible.

If we go out there, put it up them and create some good chances, but ultimately lose because we concede a couple, I'll be delighted.

If we play like that on a regular basis, the wins will come, the players will increase in confidence and everything else will follow.

Performance is everything for me at the minute, the odd positive results merely mask the long term issue.

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

The next few games are my litmus for Rodgers.   We need to get our season going. 

Nacho and lookman must start as must a holding mid.

Tactics need to vary to keep defenders on their toes.

If brendan doesn't get a fire going ... or if ayoze or madders are anywhere near the starring 11 then I will be thru with him.

that's quite a big statement.  how exactly will you demonstrate being through him.  what if form improves later on with you be not though again.  Will Brendan notice you being through, maybe write him a letter.

21 hours ago, MCFC said:

Some Manchester City fans saying they'd take Rodgers at the Etihad after Pep. Suspect they've not read this board much as it looks like lots of you would happily give him to us now...

Just cant see Rodgers ending up at man city. I very much doubt they'll appoint a British manager... not after Hughes. I would say next big job for Rodgers would be the England job. Plus I think he would tick the FA boxes for when Southgate steps down after the world cup.

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Actually don't think starting Perez would be the worst idea considering we need a bit of tempo and energy back in our game - plus I doubt we're gonna have as much of the ball as we're used to against Man U. 

Whatever you are sniffing at the moment, I want it too...

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...sometimes your opponents style of play is not suited to be combatted by the way you usually play!!!

Certain games demand another way of playing  and front football against these will only lead to a bad result.

Let us not play into their hands and allow them to counter, as they are as good as any team playing that way. A pragmatic approach playing with a flat back five and a bank of four sat deep should be the formation this weekend. 

We are a bit useful on the counter ourselves. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...sometimes your opponents style of play is not suited to be combatted by the way you usually play!!!

Certain games demand another way of playing  and front football against these will only lead to a bad result.

Let us not play into their hands and allow them to counter, as they are as good as any team playing that way. A pragmatic approach playing with a flat back five and a bank of four sat deep should be the formation this weekend. 

We are a bit useful on the counter ourselves. 

One of the few times we pressed from the front last season was the home game vs them where we drew 2-2. It was a great performance and although it wasn't as good a result as the cup win, I think as a way of playing it was so pleasing to see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

that's quite a big statement.  how exactly will you demonstrate being through him.  what if form improves later on with you be not though again.  Will Brendan notice you being through, maybe write him a letter.

Yes.... I never say never.

I will stop giving him tbe benefit of the doubt and call out his errors and biases

15 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Eh? Who mentioned 1992?

Arguable when the 'modern' era started, this century? Last 50 years? 1961 when the maximum wage was scrapped? Since WW2? 

That said, football really did change with the PL in 1992 and can perhaps be considered as an era as its coming up to 30 years old.

Newcastle haven't won any major domestic trophies for a very, very long time. Even Sunderland have won an FA Cup since Newcastle last won a domestic trophy. 

Yes but Fans & media-football-fans, will Keep History & Amy successfull Tradition going...I

I mean ffs, we British Love nothing more than reminding ourselves of our history & traditions...Good or bad..

We'll  ( Leicester fans) do exactly the same in 100years time..

Achievements are there to help One remember ones history, & in return gives Hope und durable optimism for the future...

Anyone Making fun, are actually denying a Part of ourselves...We all hang-on to Our Good times, & small/Big personal achievements.

to Lift us through those Rainy Days & missed opportunities..

Over the many years, I have been amused, how many FT Members have continually tried to ( immaturely) demean, other clubs successes ( hidden-envy)

there is Simply no meaning discussion...We often sell ourselves as the jealous,cynical Bitch in the room)

Liverpool, Forest etc, have earned that right to Brush by & ignore us as simple irritants....

We ( some) are missing our/this important history-Making period point...How & which family,Community humble ideology our present Owners go about

their & our Football partnership..

Too many are the Spoilt little brat in the ointment...

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just cant see Rodgers ending up at man city. I very much doubt they'll appoint a British manager... not after Hughes. I would say next big job for Rodgers would be the England job. Plus I think he would tick the FA boxes for when Southgate steps down after the world cup.

Southgate won't ever step down he's got a job for life at the minute.

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes but Fans & media-football-fans, will Keep History & Amy successfull Tradition going...I

I mean ffs, we British Love nothing more than reminding ourselves of our history & traditions...Good or bad..

Achievements are there to help One remember ones history, & in return gives Hope und durable optimism for the future...

Anyone Making fun, are actually denying a Part of ourselves...We all hang-on to Our Good times, & small/Big personal achievements.

Over the many years, I have been amused, how many FT Members have continually tried to ( immaturely) demean, other clubs successes ( hidden-envy)

there is Simply no meaning discussion...We often sell ourselves as the jealous,cynical Bitch in the room)

Liverpool, Forest etc, have earned that right to Brush by & ignore us as simple irritants....

We ( some) are missing our/this important history-Making period point...How & which family,Community humble ideology our present Owners go about

Yes but 55 years of hurt is enough :angry:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

At what point do past glories define the present status of a football club. Does winning Div 1 a hundred years ago still have any relevance to how we view a modern football club?