Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Are they just asking for a load of Rodgers out messages again? 

Screenshot_20230116_161254.jpg

Yet another prime example of our tone deaf football club - marketing team desperate to build the brand and ensure a certain number of clicks each day, with no consideration for what kind of messages their actual target audience will want to see right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Yet another prime example of our tone deaf football club - marketing team desperate to build the brand and ensure a certain number of clicks each day, with no consideration for what kind of messages their actual target audience will want to see right now.

The marketing aren't really involved in the running of the club or for the department on where we want to see change. 

They're just doing exactly what you want them to - getting clicks in the day and getting attention. It's just a social media page to create attention while nothing else is happening. 

It's not worth getting so worked up about to be honest. 

The message you want to see (Rodgers sacked or an announcement from Top) aren't really forthcoming sadly. So don't get your hopes up! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I get the whole sentiment about the club not having done enough to back him in the transfer market and we could argue about who is to blame for the current situation.  How much is on the board and how much is on Rodgers is a pointless debate that could go on forever.  

For me, the situation that we find ourselves in is through a catalogue of errors over the last couple of years.  What is clear is that the goal posts have shifted and it's apparent that the playing squad needs a major overhaul, and that needs doing on a shoestring budget.  Rodgers is not the man to do that and nor do I believe, is that the job he wants.  Rodgers is a manager that can take a harmonious squad of talented players near their prime and get them playing well together.  He's a guy that enjoys the summer and reaps the harvest in autumn, but doesn't like planting seeds in the spring.  A wise man once said you have to be good at one of two things, planting in the spring or begging in the winter, well winter is here and it turns out he isn't that good at either.

The board are the board, they control the club and need to be decisive now to safeguard the short to medium term. They are going nowhere anytime soon.  What I want from the board is for them to take responsibility and own their mistakes and learn from them.  Unfortunately for Brendan, he may have to be the sacrificial lamb and has to go as we go through this period of readjustment.

Put it this way, with the current crop of players and the team's form, if Brendan was offered the job now, there's no way on earth he'd take it.

Get rid, cut our losses and get ready for a bumpy ride for the next couple of years.

Very good point about not taking the job if he was offered it now.

Part of the reason for so many fans disgruntlement was because he's been given this team. Okay you still have to coach them, and he did an amazing job first season. But they'll always be that question as to whether any half decent coach would have been able to do the same with that team/how poor  lot of the league was.

Suppose in hindsight we were all a bit naive to think another 15 clubs aren't going to be looking at what we've done and try to emulate it. What we didn't expect is that we would completely stall and spend nothing as they all do it.

• Like 1

So me Mam tells me her mate John, he’s 95 you know, who follows Tigers mostly, but also has an occasional jaunt down the KP, spoke to that Matt Elliot, and Matt reckons we have got no cash and that we even have not even paid all the wages, and it’s this that explains the poor showings of late.

I said, ‘Mam, stop to tell bu……’

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So me Mam tells me her mate John, he’s 95 you know, who follows Tigers mostly, but also has an occasional jaunt down the KP, spoke to that Matt Elliot, and Matt reckons we have got no cash and that we even have not even paid all the wages, and it’s this that explains the poor showings of late.

I said, ‘Mam, stop to tell bu……’

You’ve got it all wrong mate.

To be proper ITK you either need come up with a Instagram fitting caption, something like:

”Mums the word”

or, if you’re really cool just drop the eyes

:thumbup: Or 👀 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’ve got it all wrong mate.

To be proper ITK you either need come up with a Instagram fitting caption, something like:

”Mums the word”

or, if you’re really cool just drop the eyes

:thumbup: Or 👀 

I thought using Mam rather than Mum would buy me a bit of local legitimacy. >_<

But that story is actually true…….

2CD60628-3401-416B-A51B-1AEA6509FA34.gif.265867bb95b806405b8a3670599109c2.gif

Yeah the club hasn’t backed him over the last 12 months however we have a bloated squad, I want to see the manager of the football have enough faith in his ability and that of his playing squad to galvanise them to go out, perform and achieve reasonable results, however the way he has thrown most the of the squad under the bus and whinged and whined his way through the last 3 transfer windows I would question whether he really deserves the opportunity to be backed. It isn’t like he has just got on with the job in hand quietly and fully committed & respectful to the predicament the club is currently in. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Yeah the club hasn’t backed him over the last 12 months however we have a bloated squad, I want to see the manager of the football have enough faith in his ability and that of his playing squad to galvanise them to go out, perform and achieve reasonable results, however the way he has thrown most the of the squad under the bus and whinged and whined his way through the last 3 transfer windows I would question whether he really deserves the opportunity to be backed. It isn’t like he has just got on with the job in hand quietly and fully committed & respectful to the predicament the club is currently in. 

Yeah but the club wouldn't cut off their nose to spite their face. If they thought we needed players in (as Rodgers and all of us believe,) they would surely do what they could despite a manager in post being a arsey. He's close to that Parker / Bournemouth level of bringing the club into disrepute via throwing them under the bus.

So you either invest in the squad or you don't. I don't believe much of the transfers now are in Rodgers' court outside of a general player profiling.

Hasn't Brendan Nowt got a Golden Wedding Anniversary on Saturday? Celebrating at the KP with the Brighton game? Deserves a shout out pre game that. 

I heard also Zak DeBoard, a die hard Belgian is coming over from OH Leuven for the game. 

34 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Hasn't Brendan Nowt got a Golden Wedding Anniversary on Saturday? Celebrating at the KP with the Brighton game? Deserves a shout out pre game that. 

I heard also Zak DeBoard, a die hard Belgian is coming over from OH Leuven for the game. 

It’s Zak De Kant’s Ruby wedding on Sunday. 

• Haha 2

On 15/01/2023 at 13:12, Pliskin said:

The football we’re playing now is worse than under Puel. At least under Puel for the majority we were solid and hard to beat, we were just uninventive and too defensive. Now, we’re just a limp mess, with no backbone and no leadership.

...and, more importantly, absolutely no squad built for the future.

A wild hypothesis but...

Perhaps it's a game of chicken now between the board and Rodgers over signings. 

The board don't trust him and will not allow him to make any signings because of his poor track record recently (despite what he said on Saturday about having nothing to do with incomings). Maybe they want Rodgers to quit himself after we sign nobody in January? 

44 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

A wild hypothesis but...

The board don't trust him and will not allow him to make any signings because of his poor track record recently (despite what he said on Saturday about having nothing to do with incomings). Maybe they want Rodgers to quit himself after we sign nobody in January? 

If the board are playing that game and severely  risking our PL status as a result they’re bigger parasites on this club than Rodgers. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

A wild hypothesis but...

If they thought like that then they'd just sack him 

3 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Edited by Gamble92

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’ll Chuck it out there again, if we sack Rodgers, long term the club might go for Sergio Conceicao. They’ve tried him before. Got on well with owners apparently.

Interesting. How’d you know this mate?