Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Interesting. How’d you know this mate? 

It’s been in the British media. Have some personal interest in the city of Porto (for the get’s on well with owners info or at least got on well with). This isn’t in the know at all, it’s just someone who I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned more on this forum.

Just popped in my loca tesco express down here in the south and the two guys in there said they would swap their managers in a heartbeat for rodgers for no fee just a straight swap. 

west ham and leeds fans 

not sure i fancy marsh but moyes is usually decent for a year or so then goes all a bit brendan lol 

9 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Just popped in my loca tesco express down here in the south and the two guys in there said they would swap their managers in a heartbeat for rodgers for no fee just a straight swap. 

west ham and leeds fans 

not sure i fancy marsh but moyes is usually decent for a year or so then goes all a bit brendan lol 

Either would be fantastic. Both would be accelerated versions of us. He'd take them down in 2. 

Guest Col city fan

Just been watching Sunderland Till I Die again on Netflix. The relegation from the Championship.

It ain’t half made me worried. Our plight is not yet of that magnitude, but I fear this could herald the end of our magnificent decade.

Like Sunderland, we are going into games just not believing we can win them. Forest was a great example of that.

We have to find some confidence from somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just been watching Sunderland Till I Die again on Netflix. The relegation from the Championship.

It ain’t half made me worried. Our plight is not yet of that magnitude, but I fear this could herald the end of our magnificent decade.

Like Sunderland, we are going into games just not believing we can win them. Forest was a great example of that.

We have to find some confidence from somewhere.

Worries me people assume we will just bounce back and it’s the best way of having a clear out. 

On 11/01/2023 at 06:48, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I made quite valid points, but you chose not to reply to them and instead wait untill another defeat and chirp up like a sparrow.

You're boring, at least add something valid to the discussion.

& now  ?

It's tough, being wrongside of a big call like this & so publicly too, I get that, but don't be so embittered, that's just the pride messing your head. Brendan is a busted flush & you couldn't see it, that's all. Even with the pattern of past jobs repeating almost exactly, you still didn't twig but on & up etc. Good lad  

Last night

Her: ”How was your day?”

Me: “<various gripes>…and Brendan Rodgers STILL hasn’t been sacked.”

Her: “Who’s Brendan Rodgers?”

Me: *marvels at her ignorance and wished I’d never heard of him either*

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Am i literally the only fan that is currently 50/50 about Rodgers?

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

Jeethuth cwithe 🤦🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Am i literally the only fan that is currently 50/50 about Rodgers?

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

I am really not sure how it can get any worse than it currently is under Rodgers. A manager earning in the region of £10m and has effectively checked out and downed tools, we have a squad devoid of confidence and a number of players that have been frozen out or regressing under stale and stubborn tactics. We have scored 1 goal in our last 5 games against premier league opposition, losing all 5 games. We are turning up to games at present and literally waving a white flag, we have not won a game in which we have conceded this season. We have such a weak mentality and this comes from the Manager, a change would lift the whole club and playing squad, however what the board have to do is make sure that the interim management team and then the subsequent permanent team are fully aligned and buy into the vision of the club and  how we want to move forward. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am really not sure how it can get any worse than it currently is under Rodgers. A manager earning in the region of £10m and has effectively checked out and downed tools, we have a squad devoid of confidence and a number of players that have been frozen out or regressing under stale and stubborn tactics. We have scored 1 goal in our last 5 games against premier league opposition, losing all 5 games. We are turning up to games at present and literally waving a white flag, we have not won a game in which we have conceded this season. We are have such a weak mentality and this comes from the Manager, a change would lift the whole club and playing squad, however what the board have to do is make sure that the interim management team and then the subsequent permanent team are fully aligned and buy into the vision of the club and  how we want to move forward. 

I dont disagree with any of that btw, hence why i also said i wasn't against a change.....

He HAS to be doing better/more totally but he's frustrated/angry because his hands are tied. A new manager will be totally the same if the board dont back him up.

As i say, short term i believe a change could be good but its longer term that im looking at

8 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

How ???

024478CE-8EB2-4157-A84E-F90610428347.png

Next manager markets tend not to attract huge stakes and if you look at the Betfair exchange there is often little liquidity in these markets. I presume that right now this entire market is skewed by Lampard and Moyes whos teams play each other next.

Oh, that and Brendan is a slimy shape-shifting management consultant who is untouchable and can get away with anything.

20 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

As a soon to be dead man once said: "Making it worse?! How could it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I dont disagree with any of that btw, hence why i also said i wasn't against a change.....

He HAS to be doing better/more totally but he's frustrated/angry because his hands are tied. A new manager will be totally the same if the board dont back him up.

As i say, short term i believe a change could be good but its longer term that im looking at

You do realise he tied his own hands though right? His signings are clogging up the squad and nobody wants them.

This isn't just something that has happened out of the blue, this is a culmination of 2-3 years of poor management.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

You do realise he tied his own hands though right? His signings are clogging up the squad and nobody wants them.

This isn't just something that has happened out of the blue, this is a culmination of 2-3 years of poor management.

His signings? Like who? Bertrand and Vestergaard yes..... who else?

• Like 1