Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Am i literally the only fan that is currently 50/50 about Rodgers?

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

I bet you still love Boris too lol 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

...it sounds like you are more in the majority than you think!!!

A supporter who is afraid to rock the boat incase a little water comes in.

You are correct in the assessment that the Board has a lot to answer, if they were not so distracted, Rodgers might have been gone a long time ago.

The majority of our supporters are clinging on to a fear that we will never get a better manager, and we should bend over backwards to keep him. He has certainly instilled a thought that he is not to be blamed and he keeps pointing elsewhere. 

You can't live in fear of what is around the corner and make decisions based on that.

26 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

His signings? Like who? Bertrand and Vestergaard yes..... who else?

All signings are his signings. He has a sizeable part in their recruitment and it's his job to integrate them successfully into the team.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Next manager markets tend not to attract huge stakes and if you look at the Betfair exchange there is often little liquidity in these markets. I presume that right now this entire market is skewed by Lampard and Moyes whos teams play each other next.

Oh, that and Brendan is a slimy shape-shifting management consultant who is untouchable and can get away with anything.

Ahhhh, El Sackico.

I remember the days, Leicester v Southampton, Rodgers v Hassenhuttl. 1-2 Southampton.

Rodgers remained. :cry: 

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m in the same boat, I certainly wouldn’t complain if he was sacked today and during and just after the game on Saturday I wanted him and everyone else at the club sacked.

But like you say, our problems are much deeper than Brendan Rodgers. With no money to spend, anyone who comes in will have the same problems.

The squad badly needed a refresh 18 months ago, and possibly if we were brave it would have been given one after the FA Cup win. 
Brendan certainly has got his faults, at the end of the day though so will any manager who is happy to come and work here, but he’s also a decent manager with a good track record of success. 
If we want to move forward again as a club the first step is to get our off field business in order.

His track record suggests a nose dive in form he can't recover. Terrible signings that financially cripple clubs. Record breaking Injury problems. Fans of every club he's managed came on here to tell us that the day we announced him. Its not a coincidence. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m in the same boat, I certainly wouldn’t complain if he was sacked today and during and just after the game on Saturday I wanted him and everyone else at the club sacked.

But like you say, our problems are much deeper than Brendan Rodgers. With no money to spend, anyone who comes in will have the same problems.

The squad badly needed a refresh 18 months ago, and possibly if we were brave it would have been given one after the FA Cup win. 
Brendan certainly has got his faults, at the end of the day though so will any manager who is happy to come and work here, but he’s also a decent manager with a good track record of success. 
If we want to move forward again as a club the first step is to get our off field business in order.

finally! a post that speaks volumes. I have been saying this for weeks and get attacked lol The problem is the leadership behind the scenes and the lack of ACTION or investment. Like BR says, hes no magician and all he wants is the investment every window to bolster and replace deadwood. I think we wouldnt be in the situation we have ourselves if he got the support hes been asking for.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Welcome to FT Chris.

Please check pages 1- 1861.😐

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Give me one salient reason why he should keep his job. No hot air about being “a good manager”. 

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

finally! a post that speaks volumes. I have been saying this for weeks and get attacked lol The problem is the leadership behind the scenes and the lack of ACTION or investment. Like BR says, hes no magician and all he wants is the investment every window to bolster and replace deadwood. I think we wouldnt be in the situation we have ourselves if he got that investment.

So what was the problem last season? 

I wonder if he will walk.  I didnt think so before but if there are no signings again I think he may go and blame the club for not backing him therefore protecting his reputation.  He would rather that than be sacked surely?

1 minute ago, Hales said:

I wonder if he will walk.  I didnt think so before but if there are no signings again I think he may go and blame the club for not backing him therefore protecting his reputation.  He would rather that than be sacked surely?

He’ll get a severance package that could choke Gandalf’s horse if he gets the boot. I know which one I’d choose. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

No chance…he will hold out for his compo 10000000000000%

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Be careful what you wish for? We’ve been abject for about two and a half years at this point lol

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

So what was the problem last season? 

Last season? more like when they sacked claudio ranieri. The decisions they have made since then with the managers they hired, Giving players stupidly high salaries that they cant sustain and compete with, the investment of this new training ground / stadium plans, loaning millions of ££ from a bank abroad, having no real insight about what if, Running contracts down.. the list goes on and on. And people think removiong BR will be some magical fix.. delusional. Hes brought a great deal of success to LCFC lately and seems people have goldfish memory in football. Man deserves alot of respect. I would like people to aim the blame to the mismanagement of the ownership. You cant sustain or compete? do whats best for the club and sell it to someone that can. simple as.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

His time for a dignified exit was end of last season really, or he could’ve gone when Fofana left. That man smells green 

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Last season? more like when they sacked claudio ranieri. The decisions they have made since then with the managers they hired, Giving players stupidly high salaries that they cant sustain and compete with, the investment of this new training ground / stadium plans, loaning millions of ££ from a bank abroad, having no real insight about what if, Running contracts down.. the list goes on and on. And people think removiong BR will be some magical fix.. delusional. Hes brought a great deal of success to LCFC lately and seems people have goldfish memory in football. Man deserves alot of respect. I would like people to aim the blame to the mismanagement of the ownership. You cant sustain or compete? do whats best for the club and sell it to someone that can. simple as.

Can you answer the question please. What was the problem last season? 

Then I'll respond to this. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

Both parties are in a no win situation currently, so not sure which was benefits him (or us) from a 'face saving' perspective

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

....this is what is holding a lot of people back!!!

Just take a look at his so called success in a more detailed way.

The biggest job he ever had (Liverpool) with the biggest budget he has ever had, they ended up sacking him, a year after throwing the league title away.

Celtic, a one horse race,  Rangers having been banished and the cream of the league playing for him. Still absolutely abysmal in Europe, can't get past the last 32.

Leicester,  two seasons with a great foundation of players in place and twice overtaken because we were mentally weak in the run in for fourth. Once the results are not going our way he struggles to stop the rot and it goes on until he is either dismissed or the season ends.

Without belittling the FA Cup, he went hard in those rounds and we managed to get over the line. Our forays in Europe mirrored his attempts when he was at Celtic and if it was not for a newly created Conference League,  we would have dropped out of a tournament, in a group we were favourites to win.

His "success" is built on other managers assembled players, at the clubs he walks into, as soon as he attempts to build his own team, it all falls apart. 

Nearly 4 years on and we still have the majority of the players who were here when he came.

We were the perfect club for him to come to, naive to a point and an owner prepared to endorse his needs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Give me one salient reason why he should keep his job. No hot air about being “a good manager”. 

Number one and my main reason because I don’t believe it will solve anything. 
As I said in my previous post, I wouldn’t be against it and if he was sacked today, I wouldn’t complain. I just think our problems are much deeper than Rodgers. 
We’ve bought 1 player in the last 2 almost 3 transfer windows. I believe Ndidi was the last person we signed permanently in the January transfer window.

The injuries are horrendous, and when you see they appear to be happening in the youth teams as well, questions have to be asked about the surface at Seagrave. 
Rodgers isn’t perfect, far from it, but is a decent manager who has shown he knows how to go deep in cup competitions and perform well in the league overall.

It’s a tough time for the club right now, and we are desperate as fans for some answers.

Everything in here, including what I’ve said is pure speculation and until we here something from a senior person within the club we simply don’t know the ins and outs of what’s going on behind the scenes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Both parties are in a no win situation currently, so not sure which was benefits him (or us) from a 'face saving' perspective

Only face saving move for both parties would be a parting of the ways by mutual agreement, no sacking, no resignation and a meeting somewhere in the middle on his severance package, could work from a damage limitation perspective for the club and Rodgers 

• Like 1