Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

After a constant string of losses, you cannot lose that game against Forest in the manner that we did.

No matter what. Uninspiring and heading for a relegation battle. He’s used up all his ‘credit’ in the bank. Ranieri won us the league and he got the bullet. 

Time to go.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Number one and my main reason because I don’t believe it will solve anything. 
As I said in my previous post, I wouldn’t be against it and if he was sacked today, I wouldn’t complain. I just think our problems are much deeper than Rodgers. 
We’ve bought 1 player in the last 2 almost 3 transfer windows. I believe Ndidi was the last person we signed permanently in the January transfer window.

The injuries are horrendous, and when you see they appear to be happening in the youth teams as well, questions have to be asked about the surface at Seagrave. 
Rodgers isn’t perfect, far from it, but is a decent manager who has shown he knows how to go deep in cup competitions and perform well in the league overall.

It’s a tough time for the club right now, and we are desperate as fans for some answers.

Everything in here, including what I’ve said is pure speculation and until we here something from a senior person within the club we simply don’t know the ins and outs of what’s going on behind the scenes.

Please go and look at what fans of the other teams he's managed had to say on here when we signed him and tell me what's different with our situation to there's. At what point does it stop being unlucky Brendan Rodgers and become the trend he's clearly to blame for? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Nothing wrong with Faes and Castagne.....

Soumare and Daka need more time

.. have you seen the torrent of abuse now being directed at Faes!!!

Castagne supposedly having one of his worst game for the club last week.  Soumare has a big question mark above his head and Daka does not fit the style of play that we do.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Please go and look at what fans of the other teams he's managed had to say on here when we signed him and tell me what's different with our situation to there's. At what point does it stop being unlucky Brendan Rodgers and become the trend he's clearly to blame for? 

Fans always moan, not sure its the best barometer

Good managers are like good teachers, any fool can take a class of very bright kids and get them to excel!

Conversely it takes a good teacher to get the not so bright ones to achieve excellence.

Good teachers recognise the strengths of their pupils and maximise their talents - they dont expect the kid who's a good artist but poor at maths to suddenly become the next Pythagoras,they work to encourage the person to excel in art!

There are teachers and managers who are good with near genius level charges and others who are good with the ones who are at or below average.

The great teachers/ managers are the ones who can take all abilities and elevate and enthuse, and those are very few.

Great managers take an average squad, improve them and play them to their strengths.

Great managers can and do adapt, recognising when a change of plan is needed.

Great managers take responsibility.

Great managers get paid £10 million a year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Good managers are like good teachers, any fool can take a class of very bright kids and get them to excel!

Conversely it takes a good teacher to get the not so bright ones to achieve excellence.

Good teachers recognise the strengths of their pupils and maximise their talents - they dont expect the kid who's a good artist but poor at maths to suddenly become the next Pythagoras,they work to encourage the person to excel in art!

There are teachers and managers who are good with near genius level charges and others who are good with the ones who are at or below average.

The great teachers/ managers are the ones who can take all abilities and elevate and enthuse, and those are very few.

Great managers take an average squad, improve them and play them to their strengths.

Great managers can and do adapt, recognising when a change of plan is needed.

Great managers take responsibility.

Great managers get paid £10 million a year.

So you are saying we have Einstein teaching a bunch of simpletons?  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Am i literally the only fan that is currently 50/50 about Rodgers?

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

Don't think you're wrong, in the end he's managed 5th, 5th & 8th.  Our 1st ever FA Cup win and most importantly the Community Shield.

Of course he is working with his hands tied behind his back due to no or little money, but along with 50% to 75% of the managers in the league he has to get on with it and make the players that he has better.

He has failed to do that in recent times, certainly the last year.

He did himself no favours criticizing the board in Aug/Sept and the fans vs Brighton etc. which means he has lost the trust of many.

Like many of us in work, you have to get on with it, even if you don't like it, we all change jobs if we don't like it and can, but we won't be getting £8/10m pay off to leave.

The fans currently want to see some passion and desire and that's not really him and he manages by the numbers e.g. 60th minute changes, changing after we have conceded not before, not being proactive enough.

I've been home and away a lot in the last 2 seasons and the only time I can say he categorically changed the course of the game by being proactive was Eindhoven A when he made subs at half time and it really worked.  Its like he has never learnt from that and it was all forgotten.

Are there better managers for us out there, I don't know, my hope is that we stay up, much of the deadwood goes in the summer, he gets a budget, we get mid table next season and he goes of his own volition or when his contract expires in 2025.  Sadly the contract extension was the problem.

Just wish he would change his style a bit, as a good manager in any business you have to adapt to changing circumstances, those players need a bit of Jock Wallace and Nigel Pearson at the minute and he need to stop trying to prove points about his squad and the money he has at the expense of our position and success.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I've been on Foxestalk for years thanks mate, just choose not to post and get embroiled in some of the exchanges

Yeah l know, and the answer is you ARE in a small minority on FT because it's an island.

But your opinion is very much in the majority away from FT.

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Brendan outers really do hate discussion and being challenged don't they   lol

image.jpeg.9c8d6b853eb353cd26bd5ddfa2225d72.jpeg

No...I don't personally 

This is a forum to discuss things and if you look at my posts I do try to 'Back my views up' most of the time.

People will disagree with my posts,  that's fine, challenge my views, again fine.  That the nature (and fun) in posting.

I'm well and truly in the "Brendan Outers" category and have been for 20+ Months.  

So challenge away my friend. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

After a constant string of losses, you cannot lose that game against Forest in the manner that we did.

No matter what. Uninspiring and heading for a relegation battle. He’s used up all his ‘credit’ in the bank. Ranieri won us the league and he got the bullet. 

Time to go.

For reference, we're currently on 19 games played, 5 wins and 2 points above relegation zone. 

Ranieri was sacked on February 23rd, on 25 games played, 5 wins and 1 point above relegation zone. 

Our next six games are:

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man Utd A

Arsenal H

Southampton A (4th March)

As obvious as it is that there are alot of problems behind the scenes, we can only judge Rodgers on what we see on the pitch and the training field, and considering Rodgers is always deemed as an expert coach, in the past 2 years, other than Maddison, there isn't one player that has actually progressed under Rodgers. and I think most of us can agree that the actual playstyle now is worse than when Puel was here.

from my perspective, there is only one way this club is going under Rodgers, and the plug needs to be pulled sooner rather than later, as there is a very real possibility that after the next 5 fixtures (Brighton, Villa, Spurs, Man U, Arsenal) we are sitting bottom of the league (again).

24 minutes ago, Hales said:

I wonder if he will walk.  I didnt think so before but if there are no signings again I think he may go and blame the club for not backing him therefore protecting his reputation.  He would rather that than be sacked surely?

...he woul rather the money!!!

If there was a chance for him to go elsewhere,  I suspect he would look for a compromise,  where we pay him a sizeable amount for him to go and we break this impasse.

He has not gone through all this, only to walk away, empty handed.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

For reference, we're currently on 19 games played, 5 wins and 2 points above relegation zone. 

Ranieri was sacked on February 23rd, on 25 games played, 5 wins and 1 point above relegation zone. 

Our next six games are:

Brighton H

Villa A

Spurs H

Man Utd A

Arsenal H

Southampton A (4th March)

Very true, but Ranieri didn't have much of the talent in the squad that Rodgers has had available to him for 3 years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Look, I couldn’t really give a crap what fans of other clubs have said. I care about Leicester and that’s it, but Swansea he got them into the Premier League and had them playing some really good football before moving to Liverpool - if were honest that was a job to far for him - similar to Moyes at Man Utd and now Potter at Chelsea - there is a huge difference between decent PL managers and the elite level coaches - having said that he did take a Liverpool team that was no where near completing to their best Premier League finish - again he made mistakes, but that comes with not being an elite manager.

At Celtic he won everything there was to win domestically, but couldn’t really compete in Europe. 
For us, when he came in, no one was thinking we would get top four, and he took us to within a whisker twice, two seasons of playing in Europe and an FA Cup win. 
A semi final in each season he’s been here and finishing 8th last season, being a Leicester fan I call that success.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. have you seen the torrent of abuse now being directed at Faes!!!

Castagne supposedly having one of his worst game for the club last week.  Soumare has a big question mark above his head and Daka does not fit the style of play that we do.

Abuse being thrown at our own players after the odd game or two isnt a surprise anymore. We all know Faes is good but currently part of a squad with zero confidence.

Castagne has dropped off of late yes but who hasnt....? Not one single player is playing to their best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I dont disagree with any of that btw, hence why i also said i wasn't against a change.....

He HAS to be doing better/more totally but he's frustrated/angry because his hands are tied. A new manager will be totally the same if the board dont back him up.

As i say, short term i believe a change could be good but its longer term that im looking at

The guy is on 10 million GBP, and is a glass half empty instead of a glass half full, you simply cannot be the way he is on that kind of wage, its crazy how he is still here on those wages pumping out the plan A and not having a decent plan B with what he has got.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he woul rather the money!!!

If there was a chance for him to go elsewhere,  I suspect he would look for a compromise,  where we pay him a sizeable amount for him to go and we break this impasse.

He has not gone through all this, only to walk away, empty handed.

Surly if he walked to join another club it would be his choice and he'd get nothing? Likewise if the other club approached us for his services we would be due compensation?

I agree with you, he's going nowhere unless he headhunted  or sacked.. 

8 minutes ago, J. James said:

Yeah l know, and the answer is you ARE in a small minority on FT because it's an island.

But your opinion is very much in the majority away from FT.

Still my opinion though bearing in mind i have a season ticket and go to probably half the away games so i've seen alot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you are saying we have Einstein teaching a bunch of simpletons?  :ph34r:

Lol..No but if l was paying a supposed second Einstein a fortune I'd expect a bit more than the invention of pop - tarts!

Like the dramatic over exaggeration for effect mind. 🤣

• Haha 1

I don't put the blame at the players collectively.  They are massively lacking in confidence.  They constantly get told Brendan has to "work with what he has", he desperately wants new signings.  He clearly doesnt see many of them as good enough.  This is a good team.  Talk of "overacheiving" by their own manager is also a sucker punch.  They are good players, that have acheived fantastic things on their own merit not "over acheiving"  They need someone to lift them up, the whole squad is in tatters. He needs to go now, they are not responding to him now, he clearly has no idea how to rectify it and he has alienated players seemingly without an obvious reason.  

Nothing is going to change, its clear to see. Start a fresh. Thanks Brendan but bye 👋

Edited by Hales
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Time to go.

Absolutely no battle going on here.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Look, I couldn’t really give a crap what fans of other clubs have said. I care about Leicester and that’s it, but Swansea he got them into the Premier League and had them playing some really good football before moving to Liverpool - if were honest that was a job to far for him - similar to Moyes at Man Utd and now Potter at Chelsea - there is a huge difference between decent PL managers and the elite level coaches - having said that he did take a Liverpool team that was no where near completing to their best Premier League finish - again he made mistakes, but that comes with not being an elite manager.

At Celtic he won everything there was to win domestically, but couldn’t really compete in Europe. 
For us, when he came in, no one was thinking we would get top four, and he took us to within a whisker twice, two seasons of playing in Europe and an FA Cup win. 
A semi final in each season he’s been here and finishing 8th last season, being a Leicester fan I call that success.

Talking of Swansea, how many players did Rodgers recruit there or did he inherit the sort of talent, relatively speaking, that he did at Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester? Did he leave on a high before he either started recruiting or the rot otherwise set it? He was after all, only there for two seasons, one in the Championship one in the Premiership. 

• Like 1