Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No...I don't personally 

This is a forum to discuss things and if you look at my posts I do try to 'Back my views up' most of the time.

People will disagree with my posts,  that's fine, challenge my views, again fine.  That the nature (and fun) in posting.

I'm well and truly in the "Brendan Outers" category and have been for 20+ Months.  

So challenge away my friend. 

There is nothing to challenge here  :dunno:

I agree, Brendan is a hugely divisive figure, some of the beration is deserved some less so, not a fan blame without reason, but thats my opinion others disagree, some do not

As you say, its all part of the fun

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Look, I couldn’t really give a crap what fans of other clubs have said. I care about Leicester and that’s it, but Swansea he got them into the Premier League and had them playing some really good football before moving to Liverpool - if were honest that was a job to far for him - similar to Moyes at Man Utd and now Potter at Chelsea - there is a huge difference between decent PL managers and the elite level coaches - having said that he did take a Liverpool team that was no where near completing to their best Premier League finish - again he made mistakes, but that comes with not being an elite manager.

At Celtic he won everything there was to win domestically, but couldn’t really compete in Europe. 
For us, when he came in, no one was thinking we would get top four, and he took us to within a whisker twice, two seasons of playing in Europe and an FA Cup win. 
A semi final in each season he’s been here and finishing 8th last season, being a Leicester fan I call that success.

But when those other fans predict EXACTLY what's gone on here you have take notice surely? 

Even the Swansea fan said it had started to head this way when he went to Liverpool and that was his best job. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Talking of Swansea, how many players did Rodgers recruit there or did he inherit the sort of talent, relatively speaking, that he did at Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester? Did he leave on a high before he either started recruiting or the rot otherwise set it? He was after all, only there for two seasons, one in the Championship one in the Premiership. 

Honestly I’m not sad enough to know the ins and outs of Swansea City’s transfers over 10 years ago 😂 

• Like 1

A genuine question but other than Joe Allen, I don’t really recall Brendan signing many players that he has previously worked with at a  senior level. 

since at Leicester it was Bertrand but from his Chelsea youth team days and that signing has been a disaster. 

what I am alluding to, is very few of his former players rejoin him at other clubs which suggests he has a shelf life and that players don’t buy into his management style long term, as opposed to managers such as Pearson and O’Neill who seemed to have massive amounts of loyalty and held in high regard by their former players. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Last season? more like when they sacked claudio ranieri. The decisions they have made since then with the managers they hired, Giving players stupidly high salaries that they cant sustain and compete with, the investment of this new training ground / stadium plans, loaning millions of ££ from a bank abroad, having no real insight about what if, Running contracts down.. the list goes on and on. And people think removiong BR will be some magical fix.. delusional. Hes brought a great deal of success to LCFC lately and seems people have goldfish memory in football. Man deserves alot of respect. I would like people to aim the blame to the mismanagement of the ownership. You cant sustain or compete? do whats best for the club and sell it to someone that can. simple as.

Why? The most basic principle of respect it to treat those as you'd wish to be treated yourself. The guy has shown zero respect to the fans and board so why an earth would he get any the other way, especially when he's doing an abject job?

It's quite spectacular that he's destroyed the appreciation of many for his FA Cup win. Speaks volumes about the bloke.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

A genuine question but other than Joe Allen, I don’t really recall Brendan signing many players that he has previously worked with at a  senior level. 

since at Leicester it was Bertrand but from his Chelsea youth team days and that signing has been a disaster. 

what I am alluding to, is very few of his former players rejoin him at other clubs which suggests he has a shelf life and that players don’t buy into his management style long term, as opposed to managers such as Pearson and O’Neill who seemed to have massive amounts of loyalty and held in high regard by their former players. 

His reputation precedes him , so unless we bribe players, the won't come here. His freezing out of players will not go down well with potential targets or their agents. Team selection is all he really has and he weaponises it.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. and that comes down to one man!!!

Irrespective of what is happening off the pitch, this is something that he can control,  influence if you like, and yet all the players around him have dropped off a cliff.

The Malaise is his doing,  we have a sick room brimming with talent on long term recovery,  having them back would make this team a top 6 club, but we keep breaking them, we cannot keep spending money to cover their absence.  Even though they are injured they still have to be paid, the wages bill goes up and we can't offload injured players.

Stop breaking the players that we have and you do not need to go into the market to save you from relegation. We are a physically weak and badly conditioned football team, our mentality is much the same, we do not have the money to spend,  let's take better care of the players welfare and stop expecting the owners to keep putting their hands in their pockets. 

I am sure it would have been made clear, we are a self sustainable club, circumstances may test that idea, but stop telling all and sundry you are not being backed.

It doesnt solely come down to one man at all.....

Yes he motivates the players (or not in this instance) but they HAVE to do more..... They are all paid good money to go out and perform, minimal should be effort and 100%. Thats not just a manager

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. and that comes down to one man!!!

Irrespective of what is happening off the pitch, this is something that he can control,  influence if you like, and yet all the players around him have dropped off a cliff.

The Malaise is his doing,  we have a sick room brimming with talent on long term recovery,  having them back would make this team a top 6 club, but we keep breaking them, we cannot keep spending money to cover their absence.  Even though they are injured they still have to be paid, the wages bill goes up and we can't offload injured players.

Stop breaking the players that we have and you do not need to go into the market to save you from relegation. We are a physically weak and badly conditioned football team, our mentality is much the same, we do not have the money to spend,  let's take better care of the players welfare and stop expecting the owners to keep putting their hands in their pockets. 

I am sure it would have been made clear, we are a self sustainable club, circumstances may test that idea, but stop telling all and sundry you are not being backed.

This just feels like a tantrum with apportioning all the blame onto one man, whilst there is quite an ample supply to go around!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Surly if he walked to join another club it would be his choice and he'd get nothing? Likewise if the other club approached us for his services we would be due compensation?

I agree with you, he's going nowhere unless he headhunted  or sacked.. 

...he himself has stated that he has turned down two clubs to remain here!!!

If another club comes in for him, it will be up to him to say yes or no. In that instance he can make a deal to take the offer or not, but he will require a part of the compensation, which would be paid to us, to be paid to him (Rodgers)in order for him to leave.

He is not leaving without  a sizeable payout.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

People saying he hasn't been backed (which on the whole he has) let's say Tops flown in to tell Brendan he's got 100 million to spend right now. Would you trust him with it? 

Absolutely not!! None of Rodgers signings have been great. I wouldn't trust him with a penny more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

...I  did feel a bit sorry for Celtic as it seemed we were going to raid them for their best players!!!

Tierney was going to be a must buy, Edouard was  another who I felt would follow and McGregor to run our midfield. None turned up and I wondered at the time if he was well liked by his charges.

Certainly a few LCFC players remarked that they were delighted that he (Rodgers) was still here, after the World Cup. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

It doesnt solely come down to one man at all.....

Yes he motivates the players (or not in this instance) but they HAVE to do more..... They are all paid good money to go out and perform, minimal should be effort and 100%. Thats not just a manager

...perform in what sense!!!

They take to the pitch with a manager with a plan they do not belive in,  and a manager who has publicly stated he does not belive  in or have any trust in them. Certainly they will go through the motions, but if the team plan does not make sense and you are playing out of position and your left winger is a passenger and you are being berated from the sidelines,  the only thing you are going to see, is what you are currently witnessing now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Can you answer the question please. What was the problem last season? 

Then I'll respond to this. 

Long before I released he was a WUM (Yes, I’m afraid I was a little slow on this one) I tried to discuss, challenge and have open debate with him several times - he didn’t reply, so good luck waiting for the answer. 

The irony being he claims “Brendan outers really do hate discussion and being challenged don’t they”.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He’d worked with Ryan Bennett too

55 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Honestly I’m not sad enough to know the ins and outs of Swansea City’s transfers over 10 years ago 😂 

😂😂 no, neither am I, it's why I had to ask, I believe he got the sack before then. It's what he's doing now that counts though which isn't good all things considered. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perform in what sense!!!

They take to the pitch with a manager with a plan they do not belive in,  and a manager who has publicly stated he does not belive  in or have any trust in them. Certainly they will go through the motions, but if the team plan does not make sense and you are playing out of position and your left winger is a passenger and you are being berated from the sidelines,  the only thing you are going to see, is what you are currently witnessing now.

Perform in their job!!!!

I have worked in my every day life for managers i dont always like or agree with but i have NEVER not pulled my weight at work or down tools because im paid to do a job.

These guys are the same..... Rodgers cant be blamed for Barnes missing two sitters or Ndidi just jogging back etc. They're not babies. Yes they need some motivation sometimes and an arm around them which i get isn't happening at the moment but no excuse for not giving 100%

Btw im not denying that Rodgers needs to do more. Could he get more out of the current crop? Yes

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Long before I released he was a WUM (Yes, I’m afraid I was a little slow on this one) I tried to discuss, challenge and have open debate with him several times - he didn’t reply, so good luck waiting for the answer. 

The irony being he claims “Brendan outers really do hate discussion and being challenged don’t they”.

That stylish and painfully accurate quote is from me I think, but I am not a WUM but a contrarian or at least I like to consider alternate reasons rather than just parroting the current narrative

Also, @ARTY_FOX was replying to someone else

Hope this helps  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This just feels like a tantrum with apportioning all the blame onto one man, whilst there is quite an ample supply to go around!

.. the only thing that the board is culpable for,, is not having removed him (Rodgers) from his post some time ago!!!

And as I have previously stated, there is an issue where the restructuring of the Srivaddhanaprabha family in respect of the KP parent company has in effect tied Khun Top's hands.

I am aware where our problems lie.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

.. the only thing that the board is culpable for,, is not having removed him (Rodgers) from his post some time ago!!!

And as I have previously stated, there is an issue where the restructuring of the Srivaddhanaprabha family in respect of the KP parent company has in effect tied Khun Top's hands.

I am aware where our problems lie.

That is enough and is not an only it is everything, it is their club, it is their responsibility and if we go down, it is on them as it happened under their stewardship

If he is to blame, sack him, shoot him, fire him into space, but sitting and pointing at a guy who is not going to sack himself due to the contract they gave him is utter madness

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

That is enough and is not an only it is everything, it is their club, it is their responsibility and if we go down, it is on them as it happened under their stewardship

If he is to blame, sack him, shoot him, fire him into space, but sitting and pointing at a guy who is not going to sack himself due to the contract they gave him is utter madness

Your are right - the board are responsible for allowing him to continue or not.  yet I am baffled as to why they allow rodgers to go on.   His inability typo take responsibility - his tactics (take no risks.) and his team selections all seem so wrong. He seems to be failing to inspire the players or have them play with high energy.  ON top of everything else I think he has show himself to be not leader.  I would sack him in a heart beat - yet Top does not do so.  I can't fathom it.  But Top has allowed himself to be dragged in to this way of fan anger.