Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 16/01/2023 at 16:16, Blanchflower78 said:

If the board genuinely feel like they haven't supported him in Windows (which clearly is true) then he isn't going anywhere you'd have to assume. Now feels like we'd sooner as a club go down and put our hands up as being collectively responsible as board and manager rather than try to change its direction. 

I agree, but i think they've always assumed all these decisions they make won't mater too much because we will find just enough to stay up. The Kasper decision for instance, they clearly seen that as a chance to clear 100k a week and put in a competent goalkeeper that they knew was a downgrade. All these decisions have been made to just about keep our head above water. They haven't taken into account team morale, the bad atmosphere etc. They haven't given a shit. 

• Like 2

I've previously said on here that he's gone with a bad loss to Brighton but actually I don't think that's the case. I think we bring 1 or 2 in and only get rid if we are bottom 3 by end of Feb. Would allow new manager our nicest set of fixtures to hit the ground running.

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

That stylish and painfully accurate quote is from me I think, but I am not a WUM but a contrarian or at least I like to consider alternate reasons rather than just parroting the current narrative

Also, @ARTY_FOX was replying to someone else

Hope this helps  :thumbup:

Yeah. Apologies, I read this earlier as was still sure it the WUM who posted the post in question. I’ve only just realised it wasn’t and now this post makes far more sense! :doh: :crylaugh: 

Even though our opinions often differ, you are a decent poster and always up for debate! Once again apologies!

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, LVFox said:

I've previously said on here that he's gone with a bad loss to Brighton but actually I don't think that's the case. I think we bring 1 or 2 in and only get rid if we are bottom 3 by end of Feb. Would allow new manager our nicest set of fixtures to hit the ground running.

I genuinely think that Rodgers is so far under Top’s table, so ‘in’ with the media and that Top is SO apathetic at present that he won’t get sacked even if we’re mathematically relegated.

I so hope this is not the case. But Rodgers at LCFC feels untouchable and I can apply this argument also to large sections of our fans. 
Again, watching Sunderland till I die, this was really really apparent. Coleman came in after Simon Grayson and his record was every bit as bad as Grayson’s. Coleman fooked it up good and proper. Yet, virtually no one got on his back whereas they’d crucified Grayson.

Why? Because Coleman was ‘nice’, spoke well with the media, was meant to be the saviour of Sunderland and had done well with Wales. His IMAGE made all the difference whereas his performance as Sunderland boss was appalling 

Edited by Col city fan

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely think that Rodgers is so far under Top’s table, so ‘in’ with the media and that Top is SO apathetic at present that he won’t get sacked even if we’re mathematically relegated.

I so hope this is not the case. But Rodgers at LCFC feels untouchable and I can apply this argument also to large sections of our fans. 
Again, watching Sunderland till I die, this was really really apparent. Coleman came in after Simon Grayson and his record was every bit as bad as Grayson’s. Coleman fooked it up good and proper. Yet, virtually no one got on his back whereas they’d crucified Grayson.

Why? Because Coleman was ‘nice’, spoke well with the media, was meant to be the saviour of Sunderland and had done well with Wales. His IMAGE made all the difference whereas his performance as Sunderland boss was appalling 

Well cheers for that happy thought  Col   😁

20 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Right. I’m going down to Seagrave and sacking him myself

Sorry, guys. I got there and found him. He started to talk tactics at me and I fell asleep. When I woke up he had gone. 

At least I managed to find Bertrand - he’s locked in the physio’s room with his knee in a pickle jar. 

• Like 2

Have we every scored an injury time winner or equalizer under Rodgers?  

I know weve conceded plenty... but I cant remember the last time I got to enjoy a moment like this. Psv is as close as  I  can recall 

Edited by Lambert09

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know weve conceded plenty... but I cant remember the last time I got to enjoy a moment like this. Psv is as close as  I  can recall 

Nacho v Everton?

Went to VAR, originally given as offside.

The only one that springs to mind.

Possibly one of the last times that I can remember feeling engaged in our club/a game.

Ah that's a lie actually, Liverpool, December 2021. Fits and starts.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Col are you into S & M?

You spend your weekends watching Leicester which is bad enough 

Your midweek nights watching  a documentary about a football club completely messing it up so much it’s excruciating painful to watch 

Edited by CosbehFox

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

One common denominator - Lee Congerton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There were fair few early on in his time here 

9 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

People saying he hasn't been backed (which on the whole he has) let's say Tops flown in to tell Brendan he's got 100 million to spend right now. Would you trust him with it? 

I wouldn't trust Rudkin with it!

Yeh but, did cattermole play? 

Yeah but what do you really think of Amartey?

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We seemed to be doing quite well overall in the transfer market prior to the last 3yrs. No team gets it right all the time but we do seem to have departed from our usual type of targets since Rodgers came. 

I don’t think that’s entirely true is it? Imo players like Fofana, Justin, Castange, Faes, Soumare and Daka all seem like transfers we would have made in the past. I’d maybe throw Bertrand in there as well as we have signed experienced players on frees or for low fees in the past e.g. Evans, Wasyl, Shwarzer, GTF, Phillips. Then imo signings like Lookman and Under were made because we couldnt afford a permanent signing so we got the best we could on loan. I’d only say Vestergaard, Praet and Perez are a deviation on previous plans. But even then, are they that dissimilar from Slimani, Silva or Ghezzal esque signings?

It seems to me that we’re really paying the price for vestegaard, Daka and Soumare  failing to make the grade (so far). We’ve had injuries and out of from players which means when we’ve needed these guys they’ve not been as good as needed. That and just lack of investment in defence and wings means the transfer business looks even worse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Nacho v Everton?

Went to VAR, originally given as offside.

The only one that springs to mind.

Possibly one of the last times that I can remember feeling engaged in our club/a game.

Ah that's a lie actually, Liverpool, December 2021. Fits and starts.

That was the first horrific game under Rodgers. Was absolutely furious during and after that. 

The goal masked over so much too.

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

That was the first horrific game under Rodgers. Was absolutely furious during and after that. 

The goal masked over so much too.

One of the worst for me was Forest away in the FA cup last season.

Amartey and Ward were both shocking and looked like rabbits in headlights.

They were all shite that day to be fair.

I remember feeling really angry after that game.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

No winners/equalisers in a league game after the 85th minute since Amartey away at Brighton in March 2021. No winners/equalisers in a league game after the 85th minute in front of fans since the Iheanacho goal over 3 years ago.

To be fair we’ve had late winners in front of fans against Brighton and PSV in cup competitions and we went on a run of relatively late decisive goals at the start of last season (Norwich, Burnley, Man United, Brentford), but that was 15 months ago.

But those really late decisive goals - the ones that make memories of a run-of-the-mill league match and the hope of which keeps people coming back - have totally dried up. We must be one of the least exciting clubs in professional football in that regard.