Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I could imagine all the FT heads nodding with shouts of yes Jordan your bang on when he said "looking at that team that played forest there was enough premier league experience to over come forest.." but then i go over to the matchday thread just as the squad is announced & there doesn't seem to be a lot of head nodding & cries of yes that team is good enough to win this, quite the opposite infact.

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I could imagine all the FT heads nodding with shouts of yes Jordan your bang on when he said "looking at that team that played forest there was enough premier league experience to over come forest.." but then i go over to the matchday thread just as the squad is announced & there doesn't seem to be a lot of head nodding & cries of yes that team is good enough to win this, quite the opposite infact.

Think it was more the tactics than personnel. As in, only one striker and perservering with a tactic that isn't really working. 

• Like 2

Perhaps Jordan should be recruited by king power for the short term in a consultative role so to speak. It’s clear they need some guidance.

Jordan clearly has a much better understanding of how football clubs are run outside of the dressing room. And it’s clear that Brendan’s current games aren’t fooling him. Then you get thick twats like Danny Murphy who just hasn’t got a clue how anything works….

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Think it was more the tactics than personnel. As in, only one striker and perservering with a tactic that isn't really working. 

Stan i really don't think putting Nacho in that team as part of a 2 will make us shoot up the table just because of how it effects personnel behind him.

Everytime we have gone 3 at the back there has been murders on the forum but due to the available players to get Nacho in a 2 we would have to or go shy in central midfield but going 3 at the back we now lose Barnes & (regardless of current form) is still the fastest outlet we have & Thomas & Timmy not been great at wingbacks.

Believe me I want Nacho in also but in the centre of a 3 once we get that RW,  Thomas needs a break but we can't give him 1 & as for the look this set up isn't working currently but looking at the players at our disposal we have very limited options in any formation & do we really want to keep picking players out & swapping them week from week.

From the players we have available what is our strongest line up, i bet it wouldn't be far off what we had out at Forest, i know some will call for those on the bench but everyone of those players have their own thread on how shite they have been.

We are in a pickle for sure but if we can get just 3 of those 9 injured players back & make just 2 (of the 3 or 4 we need) good signings we will be in a better place to mix things up a lot more.

As for Jordan saying how to get out of sticky Qu is to agree with it with regards to relegation battle what should Rodgers say, we have our own thread on "We are in a relegation battle" if Rodgers said we weren't again thread goes hots

8 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but The Athletic have taken a look at the downturn in form for some of our key players:

https://theathletic.com/4099576/2023/01/18/leicester-city-poor-form/

Nothing that would shock here except the level of Ndidi's form - it's astonishing how bad he's playing. 

..and yet he is asked to push forward to support the attack!!!

He should be nowhere near that, and should be allowing Tielemans or a CB looking to progress the play, to go forward, while he slots into the now vacated position. 

53 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

.. not so much the lack of quality we put out, more the lack of tenacity and fight we saw on the day!!!

Guest Col city fan
55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought it was both 

I saw the team we put out against Forest as Championship standard personally.

There was no way we’re going to win that match when we went a goal down. We could have played for hours and not scored imo.

Very poor team at this level.

There is an old saying if it’s not broke don’t fix it. Our situation is it is broke and needs fixing.
Simon Jordan is spot on. We are under performing and he takes no accountability whatsoever. We don’t have  the correct profile of players to play the way he wants to play.
So Brendan being the clever manager he is persists with the same formation and tactics week in week out. 

He has a squad of players that look like they can’t be bothered and it on him to motivate them.

Brendan out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

.. not so much the lack of quality we put out, more the lack of tenacity and fight we saw on the day!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought it was both 

I saw the team we put out against Forest as Championship standard personally.

There was no way we’re going to win that match when we went a goal down. We could have played for hours and not scored imo.

Very poor team at this level.

It was certainly better than the team in our first season back in the Premier League and this teams players includes those who have grand idea's that they are better than us thinking they deserve to be at teams playing in Europe.

Fight, passion, resolve can only get you so far but one of the two teams above had fight, passion and resolve, the other hasn't (The other has the skill, however), it's a culture that has been instilled within this team.

Quite ironic that in the summer when Rodgers realised he wasn't getting any new players he claimed the rebuild was about "reconnecting the culture"....He was the one who ruined our culture and everything we were about!!

Interestingly i've just googled it to make sure I got the right quote, I found the following quote "I have to rebuild a group that can get through rough waters" (April 2015)

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was certainly better than the team in our first season back in the Premier League and this teams players includes those who have grand idea's that they are better than us thinking they deserve to be at teams playing in Europe.

Fight, passion, resolve can only get you so far but one of the two teams above had fight, passion and resolve, the other hasn't (The other has the skill, however), it's a culture that has been instilled within this team.

Quite ironic that in the summer when Rodgers realised he wasn't getting any new players he claimed the rebuild was about "reconnecting the culture"....He was the one who ruined our culture and everything we were about!!

Interestingly i've just googled it to make sure I got the right quote, I found the following quote "I have to rebuild a group that can get through rough waters" (April 2015)

I think that’s arguable mate!

I’d much rather have big Wes at the back than either of these two!

Schmeichel in goal over Ward?

A much younger, fitter Vardy.

Cambiasso or Soumare?

Huth came in in the Jan window didn’t he? 

I honestly can’t recollect exactly the first team of the Great Escape season but I recall very clearly how close games were, losing by the odd goal.

I agree with you completely about the fight element. Pearson’s team was clearly up for the scrap of staying in the division.

But I saw the starting 11 against Forest personally as one of the worst teams City have put out in a long time.

To be fair, I like Simon Jordan on the radio.  Guy says it how it is and isn't afraid to ruffle feathers by doing so.  

He's not said anything in the last few weeks about Rodgers that we aren't all thinking.  Rodgers is a weasel and everyone apart from always "on the fence" pundits know it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think that’s arguable mate!

I’d much rather have big Wes at the back than either of these two!

Schmeichel in goal over Ward?

A much younger, fitter Vardy.

Cambiasso or Soumare?

Huth came in in the Jan window didn’t he? 

I honestly can’t recollect exactly the first team of the Great Escape season but I recall very clearly how close games were, losing by the odd goal.

I agree with you completely about the fight element. Pearson’s team was clearly up for the scrap of staying in the division.

But I saw the starting 11 against Forest personally as one of the worst teams City have put out in a long time.

Oh i'd rather them in, don't get me wrong and kind of the point I was making, it's a team that was far more likeable and easier to get behind but that's because it's team that'd roll their sleeves up, get stuck in, ultimately fight.

Our current team technically has more skill are supposed to be far more superior players, with grand ambitions and illusion's they're better than us, the belief that they should supposedly be playing for teams in Europe, this team isn't very likeable and one we clearly can't get behind in terms of style and personel, on and off the field.

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh i'd rather them in, don't get me wrong and kind of the point I was making, it's a team that was far more likeable and easier to get behind but that's because it's team that'd roll their sleeves up, get stuck in, ultimately fight.

Our current team technically has more skill are supposed to be far more superior players, with grand ambitions and illusion's they're better than us, the belief that they should supposedly be playing for teams in Europe, this team isn't very likeable and one we clearly can't get behind in terms of style and personel, on and off the field.

I getcha.

But I’d say if we were to pitch Pearson’s great escape first 11 against the team that started against Forest, they’d thrash them.

In terms of effort, ability and tactically. 

Ward, Amartey, Thomas, possibly even Faes, older Vardy, older Albrighton would get nowhere near that team 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bang on. Jordan is right. 

I know that Murphy and White have to show the impartiality and 'the other side of the argument', but they're bellends anyway so they were just being arses. They couldn't see that Jordan is right because their natural reaction, for Jim White especially, is to create controversy and just question everything for the sake of it. 

It's fair enough, there wouldn't be much of a show if Jim White didn't do that.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Simon Jordan is refreshing in the sense that he can admire someone but still point out negatives. Totally different to the usual crap we get.

Jordan is fundamentally an absolute whopper but he's always reasonable value on Talksport in that he doesn't deal in the black and white extremes every pundit or presenter on that station seems to. Darren Bent sticks out like a sore thumb (in a good way!) for the same reason despite provocation from twats like Goldstein, White, O'Hara, Agbonlahor and Durham.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 3

On 17/01/2023 at 08:44, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Am i literally the only fan that is currently 50/50 about Rodgers?

Dont get me wrong, he's lost all appetite for it and he's clearly not over enthused by the job currently but his hands are completely tied.....

All a new manager will do in the short term is potentially galvanise the players that are here and actually fit. We may see a brief uplift in form.

However, long term, doesnt matter who comes in, you simply cant polish a turd! We have mountains of issues at the club that arent Rodgers fault

Bottom line is, im not against a change but all i'd say is be careful what you wish for

With that alone I couldn't be 50/50 but I do appreciate what you're saying with the rest.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Plenty of football podcasts do really really well without being contrarian for the sake of it so I'm not sure how much weight this holds.

It's not Jim White trying to get a rise out of the audience, it's being devil's advocate so Jordan, who is the only reason people watch it, can respond with a fiery rebuke, which is more entertaining. You may dislike that format but it's not contrarianism. Of course that can't be said for people like Gabby Agbonglahor who clearly makes incendiary shit up as he goes along for attention

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Stan i really don't think putting Nacho in that team as part of a 2 will make us shoot up the table just because of how it effects personnel behind him.

Everytime we have gone 3 at the back there has been murders on the forum but due to the available players to get Nacho in a 2 we would have to or go shy in central midfield but going 3 at the back we now lose Barnes & (regardless of current form) is still the fastest outlet we have & Thomas & Timmy not been great at wingbacks.

Believe me I want Nacho in also but in the centre of a 3 once we get that RW,  Thomas needs a break but we can't give him 1 & as for the look this set up isn't working currently but looking at the players at our disposal we have very limited options in any formation & do we really want to keep picking players out & swapping them week from week.

From the players we have available what is our strongest line up, i bet it wouldn't be far off what we had out at Forest, i know some will call for those on the bench but everyone of those players have their own thread on how shite they have been.

We are in a pickle for sure but if we can get just 3 of those 9 injured players back & make just 2 (of the 3 or 4 we need) good signings we will be in a better place to mix things up a lot more.

As for Jordan saying how to get out of sticky Qu is to agree with it with regards to relegation battle what should Rodgers say, we have our own thread on "We are in a relegation battle" if Rodgers said we weren't again thread goes hots

why does 2 up top all of a sudden mean 3 at the back?

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Cos we have 1 winger who is in awful form and Rodgers would never play 442. Could play a diamond though but dunno it we have enough cms

but what we play doesn't work anyway, we have Albrighton and Perez who can play on the right even Preat at a stretch