Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

It's not Jim White trying to get a rise out of the audience, it's being devil's advocate so Jordan, who is the only reason people watch it, can respond with a fiery rebuke, which is more entertaining. You may dislike that format but it's not contrarianism. Of course that can't be said for people like Gabby Agbonglahor who clearly makes incendiary shit up as he goes along for attention

What Jim White does is the very definition of contrarianism, it doesn't matter what it's ultimate purpose is.

Guest Col city fan

Jim White definitely gets Simon Jordan ranting on purpose. And Jordan always falls for it.

But I think the biggest WUM on talk sport has to be Adrian Durham. The piss he takes out of Arsenal fans is a joy to behold.

Although this season…. 

Edited by Col city fan

On 17/01/2023 at 10:39, Claudio Fannieri said:

A genuine question but other than Joe Allen, I don’t really recall Brendan signing many players that he has previously worked with at a  senior level.

Signed a couple of Chelsea academy kids when he was at Watford in his first job having worked at their academy

Signed Scott Sinclair at Swansea 

Signed Joe Allen at Liverpool

Signed Scott Sinclair and Kolo Toure at Celtic

Brought Kolo with him to Leicester and signed Bertrand

Yes, he worked with some of these at youth level but he’s done it at every club he’s been at

I could see Brendan lasting until the end of the season especially if it seems like we're going to avoid relegation since we were at this state a few months ago and Top held steady. And assuming we don't drag ourselves through the footballing equivalent of a barbed-wire fence and keep Brendan until his contract expires, whoever we get next season will need to be the kind of manager who can build a team, given our outgoings, rather than the kind of manager who can successfully joyride an existing team to success and then continue through back of a third-rate supermarket (losses to Forest). I remember reading about broken organisational situations and one was called the Death March: everyone knows what's going on is stupid and will ultimately doom us but everone does it anyway since their collective belief that things can change, or motivation to change those things at least, is close to zero. That's where I am now.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cos we have 1 winger who is in awful form and Rodgers would never play 442. Could play a diamond though but dunno it we have enough cms

Then he should play 4-4-2.    It's so obvious, and simple.  There are several other viable formations that allow for 2 up top without having to play 5 at the back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

Then he should play 4-4-2.    It's so obvious, and simple.  There are several other viable formations that allow for 2 up top without having to play 5 at the back.

OK.. what would your 442 line up be for Saturday then?

(Not knocking you at all, genuinely curious, as I too think 2 up front is needed)

Edited by Guppys Love Child

Interestingly Rodgers bring in people he know and its call nepotism on Foxestalk.

Nigel Pearson takes the likes of James, King and is seen as a good thing.

Rodgers probably need to go, but people need to be balanced on criticism. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Interestingly Rodgers bring in people he know and its call nepotism on Foxestalk.

Nigel Pearson takes the likes of James, King and is seen as a good thing.

Rodgers probably need to go, but people need to be balanced on criticism. 

Only one you can level at him in this regard is bringing his mate Congerton with him from Celtic and breaking our established and successful scouting/transfer model in a huge grab of power.

The club has clearly started to claw that power back but the damage is done. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2023 at 06:39, Claudio Fannieri said:

A genuine question but other than Joe Allen, I don’t really recall Brendan signing many players that he has previously worked with at a  senior level. 

since at Leicester it was Bertrand but from his Chelsea youth team days and that signing has been a disaster. 

what I am alluding to, is very few of his former players rejoin him at other clubs which suggests he has a shelf life and that players don’t buy into his management style long term, as opposed to managers such as Pearson and O’Neill who seemed to have massive amounts of loyalty and held in high regard by their former players. 

He’d worked with Ryan Bennett too

Must be the day journalists sit and have a nice cup of tea, having a friendly chat, nodding and smiling in awe of Rodgers isn’t it? Not daring to follow up any of his answers, allowing him to feed them more bullshit followed by them thanking him for their opportunity to speak to him.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s talking about himself aswell? Right? :crylaugh: 

Considering we're one of the smallest in the league (in Brendan's mind) then that's pretty poor for those lads.

It's a nice new excuse though, or at least one he's not used often.

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Sounds far more confident from his presser today. Think he can see signings incoming, Maddison and KDH back on the training pitch. Dare I say it...optimism

Proof is the in the pudding (i.e results) we need wins our form is diabolical.

20 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Sounds far more confident from his presser today. Think he can see signings incoming, Maddison and KDH back on the training pitch. Dare I say it...optimism

Or more confident because he met up with Top yesterday and didn't get the sack .😅

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s talking about himself aswell? Right? :crylaugh: 

He's spouted a lot of crap lately but with this I actually think he's bang on.

Its very clear a number of our players don't want to be here anymore and see themselves as bigger than the club.

• Like 1