Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

To me reading between the lines there seems to be a buzz. Potential new signings (atleast 1 almost in and others on the way) and our walking wounded coming back.

madders will be huge if he’s back but we need KDH and even Perez too. They will have got a much needed time out of the firing line so should bring some energy and fight back. COYF!

18 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Goldstein is unbearable, typical cockney cocky Man U fan.

It unbelievable how limited his football knowledge is for someone who has to talk about it all day too. 

Listen out for every time him and 'Benty' say "i think im right in saying" before a saying a statistic or bit of info that's literally on a piece of paper in front of them. 

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Sounds far more confident from his presser today. Think he can see signings incoming, Maddison and KDH back on the training pitch. Dare I say it...optimism

Different from my take (not surprising, i'm in full misery mode) 

image.png.5961ee72956a7c8543ef78efaabb36e8.png

image.png.464ae3d8c70e0c77c71588f494a2f688.png

image.png.bb07886b6d24e273857d555e172b42a8.png

Players don't want to be here, which is exactly what I'm seeing on the pitch 

Manager doesn't want to be here. 

Upper management have overseen a complete collapse of everything that made us special 

Edited by Lako42

31 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

In fairness to Jason Bourne, he’s probably given Rodgers the hardest time out of any journalist. 

Problem for Bourne is that he's only turned up to PC's after defeats - so Rodgers will always be guarded and equally the club will be 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Another inspiring press conference from Brendan. All those playing this weekend must be buzzing to hear him say he cant wait to have players back because what we got is tough for him.

God this would be such basic man management for someone who cared. 

Any manager would love to have their key and best player(s) back. 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Another inspiring press conference from Brendan. All those playing this weekend must be buzzing to hear him say he cant wait to have players back because what we got is tough for him.

What a dick! Can’t believe he’s excited to get players back from injury. Why would you be excited when we’re struggling and your most creative player is returning to the squad- what a bastard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

sounds like shots fired towards Youri if you ask me, no one else has even been rumoured to be moving to a bigger club. 

Soyuncu?

I also heard rumours last year that Barnes thought he was off, supposedly the source was his parents. Could be bollocks but one was supposedly from his dad, another his mum.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What a dick! Can’t believe he’s excited to get players back from injury. Why would you be excited when we’re struggling and your most creative player is returning to the squad- what a bastard.

Well, he was always on a hiding to nothing whatever he said.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Soyuncu?

I also heard rumours last year that Barnes thought he was off, supposedly the source was his parents. Could be bollocks but one was supposedly from his dad, another his mum.

Yeah I guess soyunchu is the other one. 

Not sure on the Barnes front, didn't he sign a new contract last year ?

On this occasion (and it's quite rare) at the minute. Rodgers has the right to be annoyed at how some players have preformed 

31 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Soyuncu?

We’re as good as it will get for Barnes I think. 

I don’t think he’s good enough to play for a top club - mid table PL player really. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

He's spouted a lot of crap lately but with this I actually think he's bang on.

Its very clear a number of our players don't want to be here anymore and see themselves as bigger than the club.

If your manager had spent a season  telling everyone you're shit and you've only won an f.a Cup and played in Europe because of him. You'd probably want to leave too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

FFS

People moaning the club don’t keep them in the loop.

People moaning that Rodgers is never positive.

He’s positive about injuries clearing up and incoming transfers and guess what, someone digs him out for it.

Do you seriously believe that the players who have stepped in honestly believed they’d done enough to keep their places.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If your manager had spent a season  telling everyone you're shit and you've only won an f.a Cup and played in Europe because of him. You'd probably want to leave too. 

I'm as big a Rodgers out guy as much as anyone on this board but certain players have wanted out or thought they were destined for bigger things since before the FA Cup win. 

Its why neither Soyuncu, Tielemans or Maddison have signed new deals and are running their contracts down. 

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Jim White definitely gets Simon Jordan ranting on purpose. And Jordan always falls for it.

But I think the biggest WUM on talk sport has to be Adrian Durham. The piss he takes out of Arsenal fans is a joy to behold.

Although this season…. 

He doesn't fall for it, it's clearly there to product "exciting" content that gives more clicks to TalkSport. 

Simon Jordan is top tier to be honest and one of the best pundits. Pretty much every view he has is absolutely bang on the money. 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Could you link the piece where he said that please, must have missed that.

About time some of you stepped away for a couple of weeks and had a dose of reality, too many hours spent reading pages of increasingly hysterical whines about how bad things are.

An example being Rodgers is useless as he said KDH would only be out for two weeks, some non entity on twitter says it’s six weeks and there’s a meltdown, Rodgers gets accused of all sorts. How long was KDH out for?

Another being the number of people who have stated that we won’t make a signing this window. Same as me, they don’t have a clue but make these claims so they come back later with ‘told you so’.

clowns and miserable ones at that.

Things are far from perfect but get a sense of perspective.

Rant over

13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

FFS

People moaning the club don’t keep them in the loop.

People moaning that Rodgers is never positive.

He’s positive about injuries clearing up and incoming transfers and guess what, someone digs him out for it.

Do you seriously believe that the players who have stepped in honestly believed they’d done enough to keep their places.

You know what, i don't think (bar Peter Taylor) i've ever been negative about any Leicester manager. I'm always annoyingly positive about us. Yes, even through all the absolute shit we've had since the early 2000s. Never booed a player, never criticised one at the ground, i've always had a reason to get behind what i'm seeing because it's my club. Yet he is sucking the life and soul out this club that much, and i won't just sit by and watch us walk into The Championship after our best ever era. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Could you link the piece where he said that please, must have missed that.

About time some of you stepped away for a couple of weeks and had a dose of reality, too many hours spent reading pages of increasingly hysterical whines about how bad things are.

An example being Rodgers is useless as he said KDH would only be out for two weeks, some non entity on twitter says it’s six weeks and there’s a meltdown, Rodgers gets accused of all sorts. How long was KDH out for?

Another being the number of people who have stated that we won’t make a signing this window. Same as me, they don’t have a clue but make these claims so they come back later with ‘told you so’.

clowns and miserable ones at that.

Things are far from perfect but get a sense of perspective.

Rant over

Go and listen  to basically every post match press conference and interview last season where he repeatedly said that the players here aren't good enough. It was pretty well covered on here then. I'm sure you can find it on your own. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, Gamble92 said:

You know what, i don't think (bar Peter Taylor) i've ever been negative about any Leicester manager. I'm always annoyingly positive about us. Yes, even through all the absolute shit we've had since the early 2000s. Never booed a player, never criticised one at the ground, i've always had a reason to get behind what i'm seeing because it's my club. Yet he is sucking the life and soul out this club that much, and i won't just sit by and watch us walk into The Championship after our best ever era. 

None of us do but you’ve all sense of proportion (not just you), Rodgers was rightly positive and yet you managed to see it as a negative.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Any manager would love to have their key and best player(s) back. 

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

None of us do but you’ve all sense of proportion (not just you), Rodgers was rightly positive and yet you managed to see it as a negative.

This has been a bit misunderstood. I'm replying directly to the part where he's said we are in a relegation battle if he has to pick these players at the moment. 

I actually usually call out all the passive negativity from the fans on here. Especially pre-Forest. The fans were lacking so much fight on here that i thought our end would be a disaster. Thankfully those who attended gave it their all, even if the players didnt.

Edited by Gamble92

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

This has been a bit misunderstood. I'm replying directly to the part where he's said we are in a relegation battle if he has to pick these players at the moment. 

I think the point still applies that when your best players are back, it can galvanise the team and its a massive plus that any managed would/should take advantage of. 

Maybe he does see some players as underperforming and not good enough. Perhaps it's the kick up the arse some players need anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TJQuik said:

Jesus ****ing christ, surely no one can deny he's lost the dressing room and his only goal now is to protect his image

He's not wrong though, is he? Maybe he's talking about Soyuncu, or Tielemans, or some others? 

That quote in itself doesn't show he's lost the dressing room, or has anything to do with protecting his image. 

Not saying that's what he doesn't do generally, but the above quote handpicked doesn't suggest that to me. 

• Thanks 1