Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Go and listen  to basically every post match press conference and interview last season where he repeatedly said that the players here aren't good enough. It was pretty well covered on here then. I'm sure you can find it on your own. 

He didn’t claim we only won the FA Cup and got into Europe because of him which is what you said.

Go back over almost every thread last season and you’ll find that the majority on here were complaining the players here aren’t good enough. If he’d have constantly said he was happy with the squad and it couldn’t be improved he’d have been accused of being delusional.

The colour grey doesn’t seem to exist for many football fans, they only deal in extremes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think the point still applies that when your best players are back, it can galvanise the team and its a massive plus that any managed would/should take advantage of. 

Maybe he does see some players as underperforming and not good enough. Perhaps it's the kick up the arse some players need anyway. 

I wouldn't disagree with you at all, if this wasn't Brendan Rodgers. I just feel like it's all self preservation for him now. I'm so worried that so many want out, including him. 

We are literally relying on our best players, like Tielemans, giving their all to get us out of this. He for one has a history of not doing that when things get tough or he's about to leave. Then the manager has excuse after excuse for the bad situation he's in. 

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He didn’t claim we only won the FA Cup and got into Europe because of him which is what you said.

Go back over almost every thread last season and you’ll find that the majority on here were complaining the players here aren’t good enough. If he’d have constantly said he was happy with the squad and it couldn’t be improved he’d have been accused of being delusional.

The colour grey doesn’t seem to exist for many football fans, they only deal in extremes.

Apart from saying the players aren't top players that were just happy to avoid relegation before he tool charge :whistle:

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's not wrong though, is he? Maybe he's talking about Soyuncu, or Tielemans, or some others? 

That quote in itself doesn't show he's lost the dressing room, or has anything to do with protecting his image. 

Not saying that's what he doesn't do generally, but the above quote handpicked doesn't suggest that to me. 

It's the most blatant digging out of the players we need to perform for us. By all means tell that to them in the dressing room but to say it to a journalist sounds bitter and sarcastic. It's not going to get them to perform better, it will only piss them off even more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

i wish we sold these players asap or at least dropped them from the squad. 

Not one is on par with Mahrez, Vardy or Kante.

Agreed. Mahrez might have gone awol and mardy off the pitch but he never sulked on the pitch, always giving 100%.

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

sounds like shots fired towards Youri if you ask me, no one else has even been rumoured to be moving to a bigger club. 

There's a reason no 'big' club has come in for Youri, there's a reason why no 'big' clubs are being linked with him even on a free.

There will no doubt be a club(s) take him on a free but does he not question the lack of interest.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

He's spouted a lot of crap lately but with this I actually think he's bang on.

Its very clear a number of our players don't want to be here anymore and see themselves as bigger than the club.

Agreed, it is very clear a number of our players don't want to be here anymore and see themselves as bigger than the club.

They need to ask themselves as much as questions need asking of Rodgers about the downing tools come the turn of the year and bottling top 4, twice, in succession.

They need to ask themselves as much as questions need asking of Rodgers about their lack of contempt towards Europa League, Europa Conference League - A semi final.

On the other hand, I can't blame any player for not wanting to be here under this regime - Certainly the players who find themselves in a position whereby they can't seem to do anything to be given a chance then find themselves being used as a last resort, being frozen out, chucked under the bus or simply just fed up with the circumstances under this managerial team or where the club is heading.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I'm as big a Rodgers out guy as much as anyone on this board but certain players have wanted out or thought they were destined for bigger things since before the FA Cup win. 

Its why neither Soyuncu, Tielemans or Maddison have signed new deals and are running their contracts down. 

Why would Soyuncu sign a new contract under Rodgers they way he's been treated?

As for Tielemans and Maddison - We've never had any issues players who have made it publicly aware they wanted to move on and seen themselves at a bigger club signing new contracts. Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell, Fofana, we've arguably ran our model on it, selling a dream to these players that the bigger picture is it helps us a club and them to command more money during the transfers and deals, a bargaining tool.

Whilst we've always done good deals, we've hardly made it hard for anyone to leave either, so you blame it on that.

As I said earlier people seem to take umbridge with how Mahrez, Maguire and Fofana (We never really saw enough of him on the pitch to discount him from this opinion really) handled how they left - none of them downed tools on the pitch though like Tielemans has.

We were once a club who had an excellent model, where up and coming players came here, progressed, moved on for massive fees to big clubs, the players coming knew the score, looks like this is the end of the line.

Bottom line is and the crux of the point in the original quote from Jason Bourne's tweet is that we have a manager who thought he would get a move to a bigger club and hasn't, we have a manager who doesn't want to be here, nor do we want him here.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I wouldn't disagree with you at all, if this wasn't Brendan Rodgers. I just feel like it's all self preservation for him now. I'm so worried that so many want out, including him. 

We are literally relying on our best players, like Tielemans, giving their all to get us out of this. He for one has a history of not doing that when things get tough or he's about to leave. Then the manager has excuse after excuse for the bad situation he's in. 

I get what you're saying, and Rodgers has grated on many fans on various occasions, but I think there comes a point where people hang on to his every word and just twist it against him because it suits. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agreed. Mahrez might have gone awol and mardy off the pitch but he never sulked on the pitch, always giving 100%.

There's a reason no 'big' club has come in for Youri, there's a reason why no 'big' clubs are being linked with him even on a free.

There will no doubt be a club(s) take him on a free but does he not question the lack of interest.

Agreed, it is very clear a number of our players don't want to be here anymore and see themselves as bigger than the club.

They need to ask themselves as much as questions need asking of Rodgers about the downing tools come the turn of the year and bottling top 4, twice, in succession.

They need to ask themselves as much as questions need asking of Rodgers about their lack of contempt towards Europa League, Europa Conference League - A semi final.

On the other hand, I can't blame any player for not wanting to be here under this regime - Certainly the players who find themselves in a position whereby they can't seem to do anything to be given a chance then find themselves being used as a last resort, being frozen out, chucked under the bus or simply just fed up with the circumstances under this managerial team or where the club is heading.

Why would Soyuncu sign a new contract under Rodgers they way he's been treated?

As for Tielemans and Maddison - We've never had any issues players who have made it publicly aware they wanted to move on and seen themselves at a bigger club signing new contracts. Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell, Fofana, we've arguably ran our model on it, selling a dream to these players that the bigger picture is it helps us a club and them to command more money during the transfers and deals, a bargaining tool.

Whilst we've always done good deals, we've hardly made it hard for anyone to leave either, so you blame it on that.

As I said earlier people seem to take umbridge with how Mahrez, Maguire and Fofana (We never really saw enough of him on the pitch to discount him from this opinion really) handled how they left - none of them downed tools on the pitch though like Tielemans has.

We were once a club who had an excellent model, where up and coming players came here, progressed, moved on for massive fees to big clubs, the players coming knew the score, looks like this is the end of the line.

Bottom line is and the crux of the point in the original quote from Jason Bourne's tweet is that we have a manager who thought he would get a move to a bigger club and hasn't, we have a manager who doesn't want to be here, nor do we want him here.

> We were one a club who had an excellent model<

Come !! it was built up over no more than 5yrs & ran ca: 2yrs  

Under Pearsons..“ unfinished business“…..Ranieri used the remnants before he murdered it,the following season…We had lost all major cogs by then…!!
Rodgers tenure maybe even Puel’s , had no interface to that period…

1 hour ago, Matt said:

For all the talent he has, he’s also got very clear flaws that I’m not sure a ‘top’ club would look favourably on. Clear issues with pace, physicality and mentality - 3 things you need to have in abundance to warrant playing for a ‘top’ club. These things were evident in the World Cup as well.

He might not like it, but perhaps with us he’s found his level. Not a bad gig really, given what he earns ffs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TJQuik said:

It's the most blatant digging out of the players we need to perform for us. By all means tell that to them in the dressing room but to say it to a journalist sounds bitter and sarcastic. It's not going to get them to perform better, it will only piss them off even more.

Soyuncu hasn’t put in a decent performance for club or country in ages, many feel the same about Tielemans, not sure if the same applies to Barnes (possible move not form which had been horrendous).

I’d assume he’s mentioned it in private and in the dressing room, it’s clearly not worked so time to step up a gear. They can’t get much worse without going on strike.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Tielemans is better than this team at the moment. We know about his limitations but we also know about his strengths.

A good player usually raises his game when he joins a bigger club and a better team. 
I think Spurs are crying out for a Tielemans. A proper midfield playmaker. 

I don’t think he’ll struggle to get suitors when he becomes free. 
This team has dragged him down for some time imo. And I don’t think anyone could argue he’s not given his all and been value for money for the club.

Imagine playing each week at the moment trying to bring the likes of Amartey and Ward up to scratch. It must be demoralising. I think he’s done well to keep going like he has tbh.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I get what you're saying, and Rodgers has grated on many fans on various occasions, but I think there comes a point where people hang on to his every word and just twist it against him because it suits. 

I have actually backed him for as long as i can. I think i have always had the same assessment of him as a person, in terms of the caring about himself over everything and covering himself but i didn't care when we were as good as we were. And we were probably playing the best football we ever have. You can take it when all that's going on. But it's really been to the detriment of our club the way he's acted towards players and spoke about our situation. That's unforgivable to me. 

• Like 3

"The difference he makes for us, the confidence he gives other players… that’s when you know you have an outstanding player. He makes others better. He’s ticking the boxes on the fitness front. He’s looked so, so good, with quality and determination.

This is in reference to Maddison and how it helps the collective, is that not being positive?  :dunno:

7 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

It’s not spinning something negative. He’s negative about everything. Can’t remember him saying anything positive about us especially this season. Granted there isn’t a lot but what hope is there when the manager doesn’t even back his own players? 

Quite a few positives from yesterday's one. 

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

He's not wrong though, is he? Maybe he's talking about Soyuncu, or Tielemans, or some others? 

That quote in itself doesn't show he's lost the dressing room, or has anything to do with protecting his image. 

Not saying that's what he doesn't do generally, but the above quote handpicked doesn't suggest that to me. 

Well I'm going to do what literally everyone else does whenever I make an educated guess about Rodgers.

How can he possibly know that? It's a character assassination and totally unfair. It genuinely is to Youri as well, if I was him I'd be half arsing it, but Youri is carrying out Rodgers tactics without complaint and looks absolutely buzzing every time we see a goal.

Soyuncu he's decided he doesn't like, probably because Soy has a spine or something.