Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

I get what you're saying, and Rodgers has grated on many fans on various occasions, but I think there comes a point where people hang on to his every word and just twist it against him because it suits. 

Here's one for you then... am I twisting this in your opinion. I feel I've given it thought.

There was an article with himwarning that not many new signings hit the ground running, and cited various examples for us that show one's that do are the exception rather than the rule.

Now ,in my mind, there is no doubt real truth and just stating the reality, but nothing exists in a vacuum, and the context is almost every other soundbite worthy comment he has made in the recent past.

Even taking the above into account, I can't help feeling that he knows damn well that that would be a soundbite worthy quote, and reading between the lines, what he is really saying is that it is not his fault we are in this position, and that it is really down to not buying in the last 3 transfer windows (other than a "like for like" replacement for the outgoing fofana)

Again there could even be a positive point for him that it could well be the truth, but it conveniently.ignores the players sidelined and the shite work he has done "coaching/managing" as although there is again truth in the statement that he is not a magician, he is supposed to be a (pretty good to elite level) manager & coach.

Unfortunately, like Simon Jordan said, in his po.p he is/was, but he definitely itely ain't in his pomp.

_________

Tldr: even if we are twisting his words, or even just putting too much weight on the ones that suit our agenda, he is still doing a ****ING SHITE job of managing/coaching what he already has/had, which even at his slimy silver tongued best, he would struggle to refute (if any journalist actually had the balls to put that to him.)

He lost one ****ing player and replaced with someone performing better, yet here we are. The turnaround pre Xmas was even better performance wise than the great escape, but that again looks like the exception rather than the rule.

Peace out!

• Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 16:47, hackneyfox said:

Soyuncu?

I also heard rumours last year that Barnes thought he was off, supposedly the source was his parents. Could be bollocks but one was supposedly from his dad, another his mum.

...it can't be Youri, he is like Rodger's son, he will do anything to keep him sweet!!!

Soyuncu and Barnes probably can't wait to get away.

As for the reason why the players are underperforming, "....there are challenges that are invisible to people, which you might not see. But it is just about reinforcing the qualities of the players." Is that before or after you have labelled them not good enough, and doing so publicly??

He really does not remember the nonsense he spouts, but he is not called out for it due to lazy journalists, looking to be favoured.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ginetta in the national press saying the majority of fans are still behind him, "but only just"...

Are you behind Ginetta? Who is behind Ginetta? I am pretty sure I'm not behind Ginetta.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Apparently performance on the pitch and reaction in the stands could be critical for Rodgers future.
If we are dreadful again - I see him going… before the new signing has even kicked a ball 🤣

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Apparently performance on the pitch and reaction in the stands could be critical for Rodgers future.
If we are dreadful again - I see him going… before the new signing has even kicked a ball 🤣

Have the club a contingency plan to replace him ? Could be in an even worse place if not although hard to imagine it getting much worse , then again wait until we have been comprehensively beaten by Brighton i suppose.

• Haha 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers in the mercury saying lcfc is best when the fans get behind the players == this mess is down to the crap supprt from the fans

He also said its up to them to get the fans on side and put in performances to get the fans cheering again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Fingers crossed.

Where have you heard this?

I ask because I fear you've got it from the Percy tweet ahead of the home Forest game.

It's not going to happen anyway as our fans havn't got it in them to give a nasty reaction. A weeks passed, a new signing has paper over glaring craters, all has been forgotten. You only have to look how comments have softened on here throughout the week and traffic on the site lessening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fingers crossed.

I ask because I fear you've got it from the Percy tweet ahead of the home Forest game.

It's not going to happen anyway as our fans havn't got it in them to give a nasty reaction. A weeks passed, a new signing has paper over glaring craters, all has been forgotten. You only have to look how comments have softened on here throughout the week and traffic on the site lessening.

Nah. Rodgers is still a ….

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fingers crossed.

I believe I read it Monday / Tuesday, when Top arrived in the UK. Not my granddads, aunties, barbers WhatsApp group …

27 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers in the mercury saying lcfc is best when the fans get behind the players == this mess is down to the crap supprt from the fans

He has made poor comments and blamed the fans before but that’s not at all what he’s saying there.