Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

'We had a real spirit today'

FT: Leicester 2-2 Brighton

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers for BBC Match of the Day:ย "Should have been a win, obviously disappointed with that but the overall game. Delighted for the players in terms of the game plan and the game. We nullified them. I thought the players did that excellently. I'm pleased with that. We were the better team in the first half, we gave away the ball cheaply and then their guy scores a fantastic goal. But the players showed great spirit to get back into it.

"Evan Ferguson who is a fantastic player, scores a really good goal. From our perspective he drifted into an area that we should probably cover. But overall it's disappointing not to get the win. We worked really hard for it but lots of really good signs.

"In terms of battling performance, we are nowhere near the level where I want us to be with the ball. James Maddison is coming back and some of the other players back and hopefully a few in which allows us to be better in possession of the ball. I have been saying it for a long time, we gave it up really easily which is frightening, especially at this level.

"What we had today was a real spirit and a mentality. I think the supporters would have seen that so in terms of that side and that aspect, we put a marker down for the rest of the season in terms of what we have to do in terms of our fight and mentality."

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"Dellighted for the players" anyone would think we'd not just tossed away 2 points - great standards from the manager

Tbf he isnโ€™t going to throw them under the bus, is he?

• Haha 2

When asked about kristiansen in his interview on the radio after the game,ย  Rodgers said "Theย  recruitment team tell me he is the right profile of player", suggesting that he had no say in the signing.ย  He also went on to say he will have to get up to speed, because he had only just started his pre season back in Denmark. That answer suggestsย  to me that either Rodgers is getting his excuses in early, in case he turns out to be another disaster, or he's out of the loop now his mate Congerton has gone, whichย  I don't suppose he will be too chuffed about either.

Edited by smudger63

31 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Canโ€™t believe how little discontent there was in the crowd today. No chance of him getting sacked at all.

Never in doubt, a huge proportion of our fans are very soft and spineless, Brendan is very lucky tbf,ย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

When asked about kristianson in his interview on the radio after the game,ย  Rodgers said "Theย  recruitment team tell me he is the right profile of player", suggesting that he had no say in the signing.ย  He also went on to say he will have to get up to speed, because he had only just started his pre season back in Denmark. That answer suggestsย  to me that either Rodgers is getting his excuses in early, in case he turns out to be another disaster, or he's out of the loop now his mate Congerton has gone, whichย  I don't suppose he will be too chuffed about either.

Not sure if that's good or worrying news really

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

When asked about kristiansen in his interview on the radio after the game,ย  Rodgers said "Theย  recruitment team tell me he is the right profile of player", suggesting that he had no say in the signing.ย  He also went on to say he will have to get up to speed, because he had only just started his pre season back in Denmark. That answer suggestsย  to me that either Rodgers is getting his excuses in early, in case he turns out to be another disaster, or he's out of the loop now his mate Congerton has gone, whichย  I don't suppose he will be too chuffed about either.

We brought Glover in for a reason. Rather have the recruitment team focus on transfers tbh. BR has enough on finding / creating a winning side.

4 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

We brought Glover in for a reason. Rather have the recruitment team focus on transfers tbh. BR has enough on finding / creating a winning side.

Yes, but the fact he highlighted the fact, suggested to me at least, that he was basically saying, if he's crap don't blame me, he was bought for me, not by me.ย 

• Like 1