Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Should have subbed on Soyuncu for the last 20. Sure he would have got criticised if we conceded with 3 CB’s on the pitch, but if the plan was to sit deep and try shit house a win then double down and give the team more protection.

Guest nathan.
6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dyche will definitely go to Everton when the Lampost is sacked soon 

Watch Everton fly up the table with Dyche in charge.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Yes, but the fact he highlighted the fact, suggested to me at least, that he was basically saying, if he's crap don't blame me, he was bought for me, not by me. 

He always has a line of spin prepared (he’s an experienced manager and knows how to manage the media).IMO he knows his time is coming to an end - expect it will be Summer unless we tank.

Edited by JimmyC74

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

Should have subbed on Soyuncu for the last 20. Sure he would have got criticised if we conceded with 3 CB’s on the pitch, but if the plan was to sit deep and try shit house a win then double down and give the team more protection.

Who is this Soyoncu person anyway? Has he ever played for us before?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

'We had a real spirit today'

FT: Leicester 2-2 Brighton

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers for BBC Match of the Day: "Should have been a win, obviously disappointed with that but the overall game. Delighted for the players in terms of the game plan and the game. We nullified them. I thought the players did that excellently. I'm pleased with that. We were the better team in the first half, we gave away the ball cheaply and then their guy scores a fantastic goal. But the players showed great spirit to get back into it.

"Evan Ferguson who is a fantastic player, scores a really good goal. From our perspective he drifted into an area that we should probably cover. But overall it's disappointing not to get the win. We worked really hard for it but lots of really good signs.

"In terms of battling performance, we are nowhere near the level where I want us to be with the ball. James Maddison is coming back and some of the other players back and hopefully a few in which allows us to be better in possession of the ball. I have been saying it for a long time, we gave it up really easily which is frightening, especially at this level.

"What we had today was a real spirit and a mentality. I think the supporters would have seen that so in terms of that side and that aspect, we put a marker down for the rest of the season in terms of what we have to do in terms of our fight and mentality."

I think he's said the same pile of steaming bull sh1t  or variations of it or a while now, nothing new at all. 

Always about great sprit by the lads, but then follows up with a we didn't do enough off the ball, or gave it away to easily, then he bolts on a how wonderfull the opposition are in the area/the manner of how we actually condeeded

SO FVCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN  - ITS BEING GOING ON FOR 20MTH OR MORE!

You incompetent fraud of a manager.

Top needs too look past the fact we didn't loose today but take in to consideration the actual poor performance.   Then sack him

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

When asked about kristiansen in his interview on the radio after the game,  Rodgers said "The  recruitment team tell me he is the right profile of player", suggesting that he had no say in the signing.  He also went on to say he will have to get up to speed, because he had only just started his pre season back in Denmark. That answer suggests  to me that either Rodgers is getting his excuses in early, in case he turns out to be another disaster, or he's out of the loop now his mate Congerton has gone, which  I don't suppose he will be too chuffed about either.

That should give a young player who's barely out his teens, alot of confidence. I dislike this idiot more and more every day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Yes, but the fact he highlighted the fact, suggested to me at least, that he was basically saying, if he's crap don't blame me, he was bought for me, not by me. 

Pretty sure he's saying it like it is... The recruitment team, DoF, and anyone else involved believe he's the right profile of player.

I don't think there's any malice or spin here. Most clubs operate this way now and should. Gone are the days of a manager bringing in exactly who he wants. He may have a preference for style and character that helps transpire on the pitch, but the very max a manager should have is a verbal "okay" tick. Two ticks, DoF/Scouting + Manager. What could be here is that Rodgers has lost his tick but I doubt it, he would have been consulted throughout about our targets, he has meetings with Glover etc we know from other answers he's given.

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Beyond belief he’s still here. His salary is a persistent drain on the club. 

He's not bothered about the team performances as he's on what, £9 million a year. Why would anyone on that salary be worried about their future

This from back in September:

According to The Mail, Rodgers' most recent deal - signed in 2019 and running until 2025 - includes the £10m compensation clause. When he put pen to paper, Leicester sat second in the Premier League behind runaway leaders Liverpool, with a 12-point cushion over fifth place.

The owners simply cannot afford to sack the poison dwarf. He knows that.

The initial contract was an overestimation of his ability based on a PL win from Ranieri, nothing to do with Rodgers, a decent Champions League run and subsequent FA cup and League Cup wins. Then the disappointing run in the other European competition for failing teams.

The owners have sold themselves to the Devil by investing so much in a manager that ultimately failed at Liverpool and only won the Scottish league because it was, erm, the Scottish League.

He will always ultimately fail in the PL, IMO.

An example of someone being promoted one level above their competency.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Can you imagine our team pinging the ball about like Brighton did.

Some of their 1 touch football in close proximity was superb to watch.

We would just lose it or hoof it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ST20 said:

Tbf he isn’t going to throw them under the bus, is he?

Why stop now?

posted this in the post game thread but going to put it here too

Of all the nonsensical, asinine, unnecessary, counter productive, point-costing substitutions that Brendan has made over the years, Daka for Vardy in the 85th minute has to be up there. Crazy how many contenders there are but - what’s the point of that? Did anybody think daka was going to come on and do anything but run around like a headless chicken? How many times did he give the ball away in the 3 minutes he was on before the goal - culminating of course with the giveaway that led directly to it?

Im not even anti Daka - still think he’ll come good. Bringing him on for the last 30? Sure? Bringing him on in the last 5 to see a game out? GTFO

When you think of all the times he’s brought on a 3rd CB when we’re hanging on - and the time it actually makes some kind of sense…

• Like 3

I've come to the conclusion right now that we need a couple of seasons of stability, i'd love to go for a Young hungry manager like Marco Rose or Ruben Amorim, but I'm now not sure we can risk the gamble given how easily we throw points away and just how gutless we've become. 
I'll be genuinely upset if Lampard is sacked and Everton go for Dyche. 
We have a massive void in leadership and accountability in our club at the moment, and things have been eroding from the board to the pitch, we desperately need someone who isnt afraid to say things how they are and make the changes we need to fix them, I think Dyche would be that sort of character. He's not flashy, and the football won't be great, but I'd rather play basic football and put points on the board, than the circus we are putting up now whilst throwing points away. 

Give it Dychey for a couple of seasons to sort out the finances and see what he can do. Although I wouldnt be against a gamble at this point on someone else, Dyche would be the safe choice.

• Thanks 1

People are deluded if they think BR is the only problem.

Out of the starting 11 today, Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Thomas, Praet nowhere near the standard requires.

Of what left:

KDH can run all and is tenacious but lacks genuine PL quality.

Vardy is 35 and on the decline.

Castange, Faes and Youri only genuine PL quality starters maybe Barnes on a good day.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People are deluded if they think BR is the only problem.

Out of the starting 11 today, Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Thomas, Praet nowhere near the standard requires.

Of what left:

KDH can run all and is tenacious but lacks genuine PL quality.

Vardy is 35 and on the decline.

Castange, Faes and Youri only genuine PL quality starters maybe Barnes on a good day.

Who’s saying he’s the only problem? Whoever is is deluded agree - not seeing much of that tho. 

if you don’t think Brendan’s the biggest (and not irrelevantly - easiest) problem to solve - you’re more deluded. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Who’s saying he’s the only problem? Whoever is is deluded agree - not seeing much of that tho. 

if you don’t think Brendan’s the biggest (and not irrelevantly - easiest) problem to solve - you’re more deluded. 

He's a massive problem, but the likes of Amartey, Mendy et al aren't good enough.