Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People are deluded if they think BR is the only problem.

Out of the starting 11 today, Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Thomas, Praet nowhere near the standard requires.

Of what left:

KDH can run all and is tenacious but lacks genuine PL quality.

Vardy is 35 and on the decline.

Castange, Faes and Youri only genuine PL quality starters maybe Barnes on a good day.

Most knew we needed new players in the summer, but you can’t say Rodgers hasn’t had the time or money to have assembled a better team than he has now. A lot of the poor players on big wages are his doing. You only have to look at Liverpool to see how he takes teams backwards 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People are deluded if they think BR is the only problem.

Out of the starting 11 today, Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Thomas, Praet nowhere near the standard requires.

Of what left:

KDH can run all and is tenacious but lacks genuine PL quality.

Vardy is 35 and on the decline.

Castange, Faes and Youri only genuine PL quality starters maybe Barnes on a good day.

Every PL clubs fans accuse their players of not being good enough for them. The majority of players in the PL are not top class. If your teamwork and organisation is top class though , you are still competitive.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

He's alienated our one of best strikers in Iheanacho, Cags is a damn site better than Amartey but obviously he's off. The players are better than being relegation battle fodder imo, they are being coached and set up in such a dire way.

Nacho has had one purple patch in 5 seasons at the club.

Cags doesn't want to be here.

A full fit squad I agree, but not with half the second string playing.

• Like 1

What I don’t get is how he can’t manage to get more drive and energy out of the players. They seem so lethargic compared to other teams. If someone isn’t putting a shift in hook them and give someone else a chance and if you can’t get any of them at it then you’re just not good enough for the job 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Most knew we needed new players in the summer, but you can’t say Rodgers hasn’t had the time or money to have assembled a better team than he has now. A lot of the poor players on big wages are his doing. You only have to look at Liverpool to see how he takes teams backwards 

Honestly couldn't care about Liverpool from 8 years ago.

Rodger is to blame as much as the club, lack of have a plan, square pegs in round holes.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Honestly couldn't care about Liverpool from 8 years ago.

Rodger is to blame as much as the club, lack of have a plan, square pegs in round holes.

Yes but there's a context there. Here we are, a Leicester version of Liverpool under Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's a massive problem, but the likes of Amartey, Mendy et al aren't good enough.

I thought Mendy had a good game today. Indeed I didn't think there were any really poor performances (possibly Vardy, who is obviously past it). The problem is that there was no team coherence, organisation or plan. They didn't look as if they had played much together.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Nacho has had one purple patch in 5 seasons at the club.

Cags doesn't want to be here.

A full fit squad I agree, but not with half the second string playing.

A purple patch which got rewarded with being frozen out, only being used at a last resort, when absolutely desperate.

Can you blame Cags for not wanting to be here?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

What I don’t get is how he can’t manage to get more drive and energy out of the players. They seem so lethargic compared to other teams. If someone isn’t putting a shift in hook them and give someone else a chance and if you can’t get any of them at it then you’re just not good enough for the job 

Last time we had one of them he made them captain. Oh he also had no intention of signing a new contract.

Man management at his best.

I tired to drum up some support for brendan out. When he brought Albrighton on i went apeshit and made a real point of it all, sang brendan Rogers, get out of our club.

We all know what happened next so it didn't really gain much traction 

Edited by gw_leics772

You play at this level, you have to have a pride with the ball,” he said in his post-match press conference. “There’s a number of our players who don’t care enough when they have it. They’re happy to give it away, or not bothered enough to give it away.

That is not a happy dressing room.

shame on the cowardice of the owner and board on allowing this to now be normal. 

Sack.The.Board AND sack Brendan

• Like 4

If the manager can no longer motivate the players then we should change him. The training ground, new players is all irrelevant if the manager can't get the players going. Spending £15m on the Danish kid suggests we should be able to find the £10m to give him the boot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You play at this level, you have to have a pride with the ball,” he said in his post-match press conference. “There’s a number of our players who don’t care enough when they have it. They’re happy to give it away, or not bothered enough to give it away.

shame on the cowardice of the owner and board on allowing this to now be normal. 

If they don't care enough when they are in possession of the ball then why are they anywhere near the team? 

I am fairly confident that in the U23's you'd have a queue of players desperate to prove a point.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We are short in many areas because the manager has turned some great footballers into championship fodder, If he was the great coach he thinks he is, we would not be anywhere near this situation, because we would not be in a position where we have to spend 17m on a left back whilst our young left back has regressed, and the other is costing us 1.6m per appearance due to his astronomical wages. 
We would not need to play a CDM at Centre Back because we have a quality Turkish centre back wasting away on the bench, who is wanted by an actual ELITE manager in Spain.
We would not need to be looking for Central midfielders because we wouldn't have turned one of the most promising tackling midfielders in world football into me after a few pints, 
We would not need a new striker because we have a striker who is proven to score goals when given a run and wouldn't be rotting on the bench, and we wouldn't be playing a system that would make prime R9 look like a donkey. 
We would not need a Right Winger because we would have taken our 40m winger who had half decent stats before signing us and turned him into someone who often looks like a toddler on the pitch.
We would not need a Goalkeeper because our Elite manager wouldn't have EVER relied on Danny fking Ward as our #1 and would have brought someone in on loan. 
We would not need a left winger if our current left winger had not gone from a really raw and exciting talent to a brainless chicken. 
We would not have had an injury crisis for the last THREE YEARS.
We would not have spent 100 MILLION on players who can't get a game.

None of this would be an issue if we had a manager that was actually earning his astronomical wage.

The audacity! How has he said that. We spend more per week now on wages than when he arrived, yet the team is far, far weaker. His poor recruitment and pathetic excuses have created the very things he moans about. 

My dad is a Stoke fan and he compared him to Mark Hughes earlier. The more I think about it, the more I see it. The man may just instill an irreparable rot into this club, and we all know how long it takes to recover from that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

How do you ‘sack the board’  ???

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I thought Mendy had a good game today. Indeed I didn't think there were any really poor performances (possibly Vardy, who is obviously past it). The problem is that there was no team coherence, organisation or plan. They didn't look as if they had played much together.

Mendy has been here since 2017 and hasn't nailed down a starting place under 4 managers.

In 7 seasons his made 87 PL stats.

Simply not good enough.

I agree with you statement about organisation and a plan, but some of the players aren't good enough.