Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

How do you ‘sack the board’  ???

The sentiment is correct even if practically impossible. We are being badly managed at just about every level right now and it is painful to witness the swift decline in the last 12 months. They have 10 days to save this season. Whether they are morally capable or financially able to do so remains to be seen. Personally I doubt it. They have shown no moral fortitude in the past few months and seem to have managed us into on right big financial hole.

He’s fully back to his self protectionist narrative. Commenting that the Players he’s got aren’t at a good level but doing the best they can implying they aren’t good enough, saying players not caring enough implying it’s not his fault but his playing squads, both of which are clearly directed at the board to make sure they add what he feels is needed to the squad or it’s going to be their fault too. 
Even in previous relegation battle seasons we’ve performed above expectations against some of the better teams, this season absolutely nothing apart from wins against teams who were all themselves struggling when we played them. He has taken several players so far backwards it’s criminal and the state of the squad is largely his and his dickhead mate Congerton’s fault.

Continually pointing out everything that’s wrong is not leadership, it’s the behaviour of a loser, one who threatens to steer us into years of financial disaster. The fact the board will tolerate this unfortunately casts them in very similar light. 

Edited by Cropwellfox
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Mendy has been here since 2017 and hasn't nailed down a starting place under 4 managers.

In 7 seasons his made 87 PL stats.

Simply not good enough.

I agree with you statement about organisation and a plan, but some of the players aren't good enough.

Good enough though to be in the Senegal World Cup team, and to win the AFCON.

Maybe it's the managers who don't know how to play him and he was out injured for nearly 2 years.

I was slightly annoyed we conceded late but after what we’ve been watching It was a small glimmer of hope - but it doesn’t look like they’ll sack him. 

But the things he’s just said about the players, what an utter buffoon. Yes that will motivate them. And will still be in a job. The board and BR in it til the end, dire. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

'We had a real spirit today'

FT: Leicester 2-2 Brighton

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers for BBC Match of the Day: "Should have been a win, obviously disappointed with that but the overall game. Delighted for the players in terms of the game plan and the game. We nullified them. I thought the players did that excellently. I'm pleased with that. We were the better team in the first half, we gave away the ball cheaply and then their guy scores a fantastic goal. But the players showed great spirit to get back into it.

"Evan Ferguson who is a fantastic player, scores a really good goal. From our perspective he drifted into an area that we should probably cover. But overall it's disappointing not to get the win. We worked really hard for it but lots of really good signs.

"In terms of battling performance, we are nowhere near the level where I want us to be with the ball. James Maddison is coming back and some of the other players back and hopefully a few in which allows us to be better in possession of the ball. I have been saying it for a long time, we gave it up really easily which is frightening, especially at this level.

"What we had today was a real spirit and a mentality. I think the supporters would have seen that so in terms of that side and that aspect, we put a marker down for the rest of the season in terms of what we have to do in terms of our fight and mentality."

You wot mate? Is he deliberately making himself out to look a complete norris? The levels of contradiction in just a few hundred words is staggering.

Reminds me of a bloke who knows no matter what, his missus will never leave him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Some ****ing ‘have perspective’ cvnt on 606 saying we’re ungrateful. 

“We were languishing in the championship recently”

Well you’ll enjoy next season then. 

TalkSport have just said similar, some bloke calling out the club and players, when they said they’ve had texts calling out Rodgers the callers defended him. Queue the hosts, he’s a great manager, will be the reason we stay up, he’s had no investment, short memory from Leicester fans etc etc.

It’s laughable that some of our own fans are so delusional, but for members within the media who I imagine have barely watched a minute of us to talk down those who watch this team week in week out in defence of their mate is a disgrace.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You play at this level, you have to have a pride with the ball,” he said in his post-match press conference. “There’s a number of our players who don’t care enough when they have it. They’re happy to give it away, or not bothered enough to give it away.

That is not a happy dressing room.

shame on the cowardice of the owner and board on allowing this to now be normal. 

Sack.The.Board AND sack Brendan

Edited by kingkisnorbo

I don't like Rodgers but lets be clear at this point we need to accept facts about the true ability of our squad. Our squad on paper isn't good enough to stay up. Unpopular opinion but its just the fact of the matter at this point.

If we do stay up it will be Maddison keeping us up and without a rebuild we are finished at this level.

This is the squad that finished 5th in 2019/2020

Screenshot_20230121_204242_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf702946bda75a05edb55cb39f5ca9b6.jpg

Schmeichel: Solid top 5 gk in the league.

Pre injury Pereira: best RB in the league back then imo.

Prime Evans: top 20 cb in the league.

Soyuncu: top 10 cb before he lost his way.

Chilwell: UCL winning LB.

Prime Ndidi: (Ndidi failed an age test in 2013 for the Nigerian youth team and part of me thinks he is actually older and is physcially declining) (I have a few stats to back up my theory but would take forever to list here).

Tielemans: when he gave a fvck. about us. One of the best PL Deep lying playmakers.

Maddison: one of the best number 10s in the league.

Barnes: who got 14 G+A in the PL that season.

Prime Vardy: Golden boot winner.

Perez: Who has always been shit tbh.

Compare to this team:

Screenshot_20230121_191502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d286d7e3ec8f18bebdebd2613ec195a.jpg

Ward: Easily one of the worst GKs in the league atm.

Castange: Is ok at attacking but cannot defend to save his life. Not good enough for the PL unless he plays with a back 3 like he did at Atalanta.

Amartey: IMO suits counter attacking football much more than possesion football but even then not good enough for the PL.

Faes: average PL player but has too many brain farts which makes him a liability. 

Thomas: Nowhere near physically strong enough for English football and he's appalling at everything else just gets bullied of the ball to easily. Brennan Johnson bodied him of the ball every single time against Forest and Johnson is only a 5 foot 9 skinny player.

Praet: Ok Serie A level player but not a PL level player.

Tielemans: Is obviously talented enough but doesn't give a fvck anymore since his contract is nearly out.

Mendy: His Fbref stats are appaling was never good enough at this level. 

Barnes: PL level winger has 7 goals this season but needs to start passing the ****ing ball.

Vardy: Has declined not fast enough anymore. Can't finish ATM either no longer good enough for this league  

Albrighon: Not good enough at this level. Never has been even in the title winning season he was always the weak link. He can cross and has stamina but he is too one dimensional to ever be good enough.

On that starting 11 we only had 2 premier league level players. Barnes and Faes. Tielemans is Premier League level but will not play like it at Leicester. If anything Rodgers over peformed by getting us a point here.

In our entire squad we have 5 or 6 players that are actually good enough for the PL

Daka makes the grade on the skin of his teeth 6 G+A in only 860 minutes (9.5 full games worth of minutes) isn't that bad.   

Iheanacho: Is good enough but we need to play to his strengths. You can't score as many as he did in 2020/2021 without having something about you.

Maddison: Is amazing but will leave this summer. Will keep us up if not playing in the world cup doesn't kill his desire.

Barnes: 7 goals this season in the PL is good but he doesn't pass and doesn't contribute defensively at all. 

Faes: Is a good CB but has too many brainfarts for him to be anymore than an acceptable CB at PL level.

Justin post injury has not been PL quality anymore. While Pereria is still decent but without pace due to his injury will never be more than an ok PL RB. Plus he is injury prone so will only play half a season.

Everyone else is no longer good enough. Lets be honest without Maddisons contributions this year we would be bottom of the table and relegated. Brendan Rodgers simply cannot make this team good enough with the players he has. The best we can do with this squad is 15th. And thats with Maddison. Without him we are much worse

We need a rebuild and the club is broke. There is no way we stay up long term if we don't bring in at least 6 new players  including replacements for Maddison and Tielemans. We need a new CB, 2 CMs, CDM, and a LW bare minimum.

Even if we get £60 million for Maddison and the board throws in an extra £40 million which is being optimstic. How can we afford in the current market to buy 6 Premier league level players for £16 million each? Its simply not possible for us to stay up without investment.

Some on here say Rodgers is scapegoating the board by publicly calling them out over not buying any players and fair enough its very unproffesional but you have to be stupid to not realise how badly we need new players.

How many of our current starting 11 woulda mid table team for example Crystal Palace have in their team? Maddison, Barnes and maybe one of our strikers. Thats it. Rodgers has a right to be begging for new players.

Apart from last year our net spend on players hasn't ever gone past £30 million. In the Premier league you cannot survive with that level of net spend.

Screenshot_20230121_200515_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06723932673854fc09a0d2fb3a6b8ce9.jpg

Our net spend is the 4th lowest in the league over the last 5 years. We have never had the investment required to stay up the truth is we have been riding our luck until now.

I would blame the board 66% and Rodgers 33% for the reason we are shit right now personally. Rodgers for all his faults cannot make our team good enough if he doesn't have PL quality players. 

TLDR: Rodgers isn't great but our squad is terrible and we should blame the board. We don't invest enough into the squad apart from stupid wages for subpar players. With the current contract situation once Maddison leaves we are releagted.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I thought the worst comment was on Kristiansen - he said something to the effect that the recruitment team assure me he’s what we need !! Welcome to Leicester Viktor - and the manager who can’t wait to tell the world you’re “not at the right level..” 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest nathan.

Rodgers will not walk but he wouldn’t give a shit if he was sacked. It’s plain to see he is just running out his huge contract.

3 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Rodgers will not walk but he wouldn’t give a shit if he was sacked. It’s plain to see he is just running out his huge contract.

Wouldn't surprise me if Top and co were working a new and improved lucrative contract for him.

Now that's hyperbole....I hope. :unsure: :cry: 

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 1

Guest nathan.

The longer this goes on the more you have to question the people at the top. It’s clear we have the funds to move him on but why haven’t we?

He's spent 6 months criticising the club and instead of calming down, he's gone into overdrive now. He knows he's safe and has little respect for Top, that's why he doesn't give a ****. Heartbreaking to see the club being destroyed from the inside out.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I don't like Rodgers but lets be clear at this point we need to accept facts about the true ability of our squad. Our squad on paper isn't good enough to stay up. Unpopular opinion but its just the fact of the matter at this point.

If we do stay up it will be Maddison keeping us up and without a rebuild we are finished at this level.

This is the squad that finished 5th in 2019

Screenshot_20230121_191434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0414882f3a69237d2d94a3cdb7eba499.jpg

Prime Ndidi: (Ndidi failed an age test in 2013 for the Nigerian youth team and part of me thinks he is actually older and is physcially declining) (I have a few stats to back up my theory but would take forever to list here).

Tielemans: when he gave a fvck. about us. One of the best PL Deep lying playmakers.

Compare to this team:

Screenshot_20230121_191502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d286d7e3ec8f18bebdebd2613ec195a.jpg

Castange: Is ok at attacking but cannot defend to save his life. Not good enough for the PL unless he plays with a back 3 like he did at Atalanta.

Amartey: IMO suits counter attacking football much more than possesion football but even then not good enough for the PL.

Faes: average PL player but has too many brain farts which makes him a liability. 

Thomas: Nowhere near physically strong enough for English football and he's appalling at everything else just gets bullied of the ball to easily. Brennan Johnson bodied him of the ball every single time against Forest and Johnson is only a 5 foot 9 skinny player.

Tielemans: Is obviously talented enough but doesn't give a fvck anymore since his contract is nearly out.

Barnes: PL level winger has 7 goals this season but needs to start passing the ****ing ball.

Vardy: Has declined not fast enough anymore. Can't finish ATM either no longer good enough for this league  

Albrighon: Not good enough at this level. Never has been even in the title winning season he was always the weak link. He can cross and has stamina but he is too one dimensional to ever be good enough.

On that starting 11 we only had 2 premier league level players. Barnes and Faes. Tielemans is Premier League level but will not play like it at Leicester. If anything Rodgers over peformed by getting us a point here.

In our entire squad we have 5 or 6 players that are actually good enough for the PL

Daka makes the grade on the skin of his teeth 6 G+A in only 860 PL minutes (9.5 full games worth of minutes) isn't that bad.   

Iheanacho: Is good enough but we need to play to his strengths. You can't score as many as he did in 2020/2021 without having something about you.

Maddison: Is amazing but will leave this summer. Will keep us up if not playing in the world cup doesn't kill his desire.

Barnes: 7 goals this season in the PL is good but he doesn't pass and doesn't contribute defensively at all. 

Faes: Is a good CB but has too many brainfarts for him to be anymore than an acceptable CB at PL level.

Justin post injury has not been PL quality anymore. While Pereria is still decent but without pace due to his injury will never be more than an ok PL RB. Plus he is injury prone so will only play half a season.

Everyone else is no longer good enough. Lets be honest without Maddisons contributions this year we would be bottom of the table and relegated. Brendan Rodgers simply cannot make this team good enough with the players he has. The best we can do with this squad is 15th. And thats with Maddison. Without him we are much worse

We need a rebuild and the club is broke. There is no way we stay up long term if we don't bring in at least 6 new players  including replacements for Maddison and Tielemans. We need a new CB, 2 CMs, CDM, and a LW bare minimum.

Even if we get £60 million for Maddison and the board throws in an extra £40 million which is being optimstic. How can we afford in the current market to buy 6 Premier league level players for £16 million each? Its simply not possible for us to stay up without investment.

Some on here say Rodgers is scapegoating the board by publicly calling them out over not buying any players and fair enough its very unproffesional but you have to be stupid to not realise how badly we need new players.

How many of our current starting 11 woulda mid table team for example Crystal Palace have in their team? Maddison, Barnes and maybe one of our strikers. Thats it. Rodgers has a right to be begging for new players.

Apart from last year our net spend on players hasn't ever gone past £30 million. In the Premier league you cannot survive with that level of net spend.

Screenshot_20230121_200515_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06723932673854fc09a0d2fb3a6b8ce9.jpg

Our net spend is the 4th lowest in the league over the last 5 years. We have never had the investment required to stay up the truth is we have been riding our luck until now.

I would blame the board 66% and Rodgers 33% for the reason we are shit right now personally. Rodgers for all his faults cannot make our team good enough if he doesn't have PL quality players. 

TLDR: Rodgers isn't great but our squad is terrible and we should blame the board. We don't invest enough into the squad apart from stupid wages for subpar players. With the current contract situation once Maddison leaves we are done for say hello to the EFL.

I agree completely with this, and I think the 33% blame Rodger’s point perfectly expresses my feelings. It’s like I think he could be sacked and maybe should but he isn’t the root of the problem; it’s everything else that’s happened 

13 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Screenshot_20230121_191434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0414882f3a69237d2d94a3cdb7eba499.jpg

We had

Schmeichel: Solid top 5 gk in the league

Prime Evans: top 20 cb in the league

Chilwell: UCL winning LB

Prime Ndidi: (Ndidi failed an age test in 2013 for the Nigerian youth team and part of me thinks he is actually older and is physcially declining) (I have a few stats to back up my theory but would take forever to list here)

Tielemans: when he gave a fvck about us. One of the best PL Deep lying playmakers

Maddison: one of the best number 10s in the league

Barnes: who got 14 G+A in the PL

Prime Vardy: golden boot winner

Perez: who has always been shit tbh.

Compare to this team:

Castange: is ok at attacking but cannot defend to save his life. Not good enough for the PL unless he plays with a back 3 like he did at Atalanta.

Thomas: Nowhere near physically strong enough for English football and hes bad at everything else just gets bullied of the ball to easily. Brennan Johnson bodied him of the ball every single time against Forest and Johnson is only a 5 foot 9 skinny player.

Praet: ok Serie A level player but not a PL level player.

Vardy: Has declined not fast anymore. Can't finish ATM either no longer good enough for this league  

Daka makes the grade on the skin of his teeth 6 G+A in only 860 PL minutes (9.5 full games worth of minutes) isn't that bad.   

Maddison: Is amazing but will leave this summer. Will keep us up if not being picked for the world cup doesn't kill his desire.

Faes: Is a good CB but has too many brainfarts for him to be anymore than a acceptable CB at PL level.

Justin post injury has not been PL quality anymore. While Pereria is still decent but without pace due to his injury will never be more than a ok PL RB. Plus is injury prone so will only play half the season.

Everyone else is no longer good enough. Lets be honest without Maddisons contributions this year we would be bottom of the table and set to get relegated. Brendan Rodgers simply cannot make this team good enough with the players he has. The best we can do with this squad is 15th. 

We need a rebuild and the club is broke. There is no way we stay up long term if we don't bring in at least 6 new players  including replacements for Maddison and Tielemans.

Apart from last year our net spend on players hasn't ever surpassed £30 million. In the Premier league you cannot survive with that level of net spend.

Our net spend is the 4th lowest in the league over the last 5 years. We don't have the investment required to stay up currently. 

I would blame the board 66% and Rodgers 33% for the reason we are shit right now personally. 

TLDR: Rodgers isn't great but our squad is terrible and we should blame the board. We don't invest enough into the squad apart from stupid wages for subpar players. With the current contract situation once Maddison leaves we are done for say hello to the EFL.

You can make figures whatever you want. "In the Premier League you cannot survive with that level of net spend (£30M). Well, we obviously have!!

Look at Everton & WHU for example, their spend and where they are.

I know there is a need to improve our squad but there are a lot of inflated prices about as we have seen already in this and previous transfer windows.

Somehow we have to address the crazy purchases we have made previously and not repeat those errors again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You wot mate? Is he deliberately making himself out to look a complete norris? The levels of contradiction in just a few hundred words is staggering.

Reminds me of a bloke who knows no matter what, his missus will never leave him. 

Reminds me of a man who possesses a set of incredible clothes and there's only a small boy to point out the obvious.

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You can make figures whatever you want. "In the Premier League you cannot survive with that level of net spend (£30M). Well, we obviously have!!

Look at Everton & WHU for example, their spend and where they are.

I know there is a need to improve our squad but there are a lot of inflated prices about as we have seen already in this and previous transfer windows.

Somehow we have to address the crazy purchases we have made previously and not repeat those errors again.

We rode our luck until now. We can ride our luck for a while but eventually we will regress back to the mean we are seeing this happen in real time. Our failure to push on and spend when we finished 5th in 19/20 will be our downfall.

Edited by Fightforever

28 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Compare to this team:

Daka makes the grade on the skin of his teeth 6 G+A in only 860 minutes (9.5 full games worth of minutes) isn't that bad.   

TLDR: Rodgers isn't great but our squad is terrible and we should blame the board. We don't invest enough into the squad apart from stupid wages for subpar players. With the current contract situation once Maddison leaves we are releagted.

never seen a more kneejerk description of our players than this

• Like 1