Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

He's one of my favourite players of the current squad, could you at least try to get his picture right?

I'm sure the rest of your post was excellent but I got as far as seeing the first lineup and my jaw dropped.

Done. Pereira is quality and deserves the respect.

Edited by Fightforever

2 hours ago, sdb said:

Not sure if that's good or worrying news really

...I heard the interview and thought it was strange that he was intimating that he was not part of the process of bringing in Kristiansen!!!

So, what has happened is that he appears to be saying that he has no hand in the players coming in when he was shouting that no one comes in without his approval and the fact that he claimed to have had numerous calls in the summer window attempting to bring players in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Listen - you can quote all the net spend figures you like but here are some of the players who started this afternoon - Joel Ward, longstaff, March, Milner - no team is full of BR rated quality players - what these teams  do is play to their players’ strengths and try to cover for their weaknesses - what their managers do is avoid accusing them of being low quality and not caring - because when you’ve done that they’ll be even worse next week …if BR is a brilliant man manager then I can claim to be the Dalai Lama ..

March has 4 goals and 4 assists in the PL so I don't see what you are trying to prove by mentioning him but you are missing the point. I am not trying to defend Rodgers as much as I am trying to show who is truly at fault.

I said Rodgers is to blame too. He is shit don't get it twisted but our squad is appaling anyway. Without Maddison we would be bottom of the league and guess who happens to be leaving this year...

Maddison

Its all fun blaming Rodgers but the board are more to blame because they are the ones that gave stupid wages to players that never deserved them.

Edited by Fightforever

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

3538436f-67d5-44fb-8007-0ddfc479be7e_187

Gotta factor in the wages as well as the transfer spend when looking at whether we've invested enough recently. Wages wise our spend is higher than anyone not in the big six.

Yes and this is why I can blame the board more than Rodgers with certainty. They decided paying the likes of Bertrand 80k a week was more important than getting fresh young players who are hungry and have desire. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

What a w**ker of a manager we have: 

Scott Parker got sacked when he said his Bournemouth side didn’t have enough quality. These comments are peak Brendan. Substitutions and general game management is diabolical and has been for as long as I can remember now. No surprise the players are just going out there with no confidence in themselves or his tactics anymore. Enough is enough.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

TalkSport have just said similar, some bloke calling out the club and players, when they said they’ve had texts calling out Rodgers the callers defended him. Queue the hosts, he’s a great manager, will be the reason we stay up, he’s had no investment, short memory from Leicester fans etc etc.

It’s laughable that some of our own fans are so delusional, but for members within the media who I imagine have barely watched a minute of us to talk down those who watch this team week in week out in defence of their mate is a disgrace.

The media always make him out to be an elite manager...I hope it fools another prem club into signing him once (we pray) he leaves here...then turns them into relegation fodder...let's hope it for conte at spurs....see what the experts media/pundits think then.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

What I don’t get is how he can’t manage to get more drive and energy out of the players. They seem so lethargic compared to other teams. If someone isn’t putting a shift in hook them and give someone else a chance and if you can’t get any of them at it then you’re just not good enough for the job 

What I don't get is how he slates the players in large swathes of interviews but also claims the games and performances in question were brilliant and can't fault the players etc.

How the media let him get away with this nonsense is beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You play at this level, you have to have a pride with the ball,” he said in his post-match press conference. “There’s a number of our players who don’t care enough when they have it. They’re happy to give it away, or not bothered enough to give it away.

That is not a happy dressing room.

shame on the cowardice of the owner and board on allowing this to now be normal. 

Sack.The.Board AND sack Brendan

Hahahahahaaa he's said this pretty much in the same breath as saying the player stuck to a game plan and were the better team and gave everything. 

Erm if they are giving everything Brendan then how are there a number of players that don't care enough when they have the ball?

How these players haven't started kicking off with him I don't know. Its surely the beginning of the end, which sadly won't come until the impeding relegation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trooky said:

How about bringing on another CB in the last 5 minutes to see out a game when we're desperate for the win

...not sure if this is sarcasm, but that is usually Rodgers's go-to move!!!

It tends to disrupt the defense and usually ends up with us conceding. Better to prevent the cross from coming in

Brendon is NOT going anywhere, at least not this season.

We have Maddison & KDH back.  Have a new defender coming in. I honestly cannot see us relegated. Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton are more likely for the drop. 

• Like 1

Just now, Collibosher70 said:

The media always make him out to be an elite manager...I hope it fools another prem club into signing him once (we pray) he leaves here...then turns them into relegation fodder...let's hope it for conte at spurs....see what the experts media/pundits think then.

You only have to see how he spins the narrative in his interviews to see why he has so many who back him without watching this team. He’s so hard done by, at a club that doesn’t back him in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes our next 4 games are tough, i think we should be able to draw 2 of these.

Everton have Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Villa. Cannot see them winning or drawing any of these

Bournmouth have Brighton, Newcastle, Wolves and Man City. Cannot see them getting anything either