Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I know this team sucks, but I’m back on the Rodgers Out train. He can leave with the players we want out, especially after his comments today.

Just when I was really starting to feel sympathy for him about the current state of the squad, he reminds all of us of how self-serving and soft he is. 

We’re in a relegation fight and our manager would rather burn everything down than ever get his hands dirty. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

BR: my inexperienced players aren’t good enough for me in this league

Also BR: that 18 year old and anyone who plays for the opposition is a fantastic player

I’d love one of the players to be asked about an opposition player and for them to respond with:

Fantastic player. When you have a manager who is focused and talented it really helps develop you. Not everyone has that privilege.

• Like 2

Honestly that interview said a lot. With BR it’s what he infers and suggests when he speaks not what he specifically says. 

For one, not calling the shots on the transfers and clearly not thrilled. Twice in a week he’s distanced himself from recruitment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Good enough though to be in the Senegal World Cup team, and to win the AFCON.

Maybe it's the managers who don't know how to play him and he was out injured for nearly 2 years.

Bertrand was good enough to play in the Chelsea team that won the Champion League. 

Doesn't really mean anything does it.

• Like 1

That’s 5 times we’ve blown a lead at home in the last 10 minutes since the start of last year. Plus Southampton where we turned a draw into a loss. That’s absolutely unacceptable, that sort of thing should be happening once or twice a year, as it is it’s happening once every 3 or 4 games.

No late winners/equalisers in that time either.

You can (erroneously in my opinion) make excuses for Rodgers for the quality of the players at his disposal but the mentality of this side is appalling and that is very much something which comes from the manager.

That said, I think that generally speaking Rodgers got the tactics right today. You could see that we were standing off the 2 centre backs and rightly so as De Zerbi’s Brighton like to tempt a press and then quickly play through it with one or two passes. We did well not to engage I thought and even then Brighton were able to get through that way a few times. In attack the long ball to Barnes worked but was let down by a lack of end product in open play.

But once again what today showed was what a properly coached side looks like. The movement off the ball from Brighton, the set patterns of (forward, quick) passing, the way that when changes were forced players just slotted in and knew what they were doing straightaway - all hallmarks of a well coached side. Meanwhile we continue to be ponderous in possession and easy to play through.

I disagree with those who pick at things like the substitutions and small tactical details. Generally I don’t think that’s where we’re failing or where we’re seeing Rodgers’s shortcomings at the moment. If the players aren’t motivated and coached well any formation/tactics in the world are not going to help. That’s where our problem lies.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People are deluded if they think BR is the only problem.

Out of the starting 11 today, Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Thomas, Praet nowhere near the standard requires.

Of what left:

KDH can run all and is tenacious but lacks genuine PL quality.

Vardy is 35 and on the decline.

Castange, Faes and Youri only genuine PL quality starters maybe Barnes on a good day.

Yet Brighton today started with March, Gross (at RB), 40 year old’s Lallana and Welbeck (I’m obviously joking) who would all be deemed as below the standards required by Brighton fans before the season begun?

I think at times our squad quality has been vastly exaggerated on here but that Brighton starting 11 has a handful of hungry, young players like Mitoma, Caicedo and MacAllister but it’s definitely not light years ahead of ours but their manager has them playing progressive, one touch football with a purpose.

Rodgers just sulks and bemoans the “quality” available to him 🤯

36 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

Yes our next 4 games are tough, i think we should be able to draw 2 of these.

Everton have Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Villa. Cannot see them winning or drawing any of these

Bournmouth have Brighton, Newcastle, Wolves and Man City. Cannot see them getting anything either

They will, Lampard will be gone and will get 4-6 points. 

We'll be comfortably in the bottom 3.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

What a w**ker of a manager we have: 

Like we haven’t been giving away cheap goals and blowing games for two years under him. This isn’t anything new because of the current state of the squad. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I know this team sucks, but I’m back on the Rodgers Out train. He can leave with the players we want out, especially after his comments today.

Just when I was really starting to feel sympathy for him about the current state of the squad, he reminds all of us of how self-serving and soft he is. 

We’re in a relegation fight and our manager would rather burn everything down than ever get his hands dirty. 

How can you have any sympathy at all. He's been here 4 years. This squad is his at this point. 

Do we have any players that would talk with Top re Rodgers? If Kasper was here he would be honest with Top other than Vardy, Albrighton and maybe Maddison we don’t have many players that can see past Brendan’s bullshit. I don’t doubt many of them are going through the motions with Rodgers and would love a new lease of life under a new manager.

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bertrand was good enough to play in the Chelsea team that won the Champion League. 

Doesn't really mean anything does it.

Yes but Mendy did win both AFCON and play in the WC in the last year, it isn't ancient times.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Yes and this is why I can blame the board more than Rodgers with certainty. They decided paying the likes of Bertrand 80k a week was more important than getting fresh young players who are hungry and have desire. 

...Luke Young is currently the occupant of this position!!!

Losing Fuchs meant we wanted a senior professional to help Luke and bring experience to the backline. Not having a transfer fee allowed us to pay more than we would normally pay. It has not worked out, we brought in Huth and Fuchs who were an asset to the club with the same expectations, you could see the reasoning, it just did not work.

He just needs binning off. What chance do you stand when your manager is reiterating that he thinks his team are crap week in week out. 

He has sabotaged this team because he hasn’t got his way with transfers and he’s destroyed any last bit of creativity and confidence they have. All we need is a manager who can inspire them, and organise them. This absolute ****ing clock womble can’t. Just **** off Rodgers before you completely ruin this club. 

• Like 1