Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

34 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The other thing I know annoys many is the media impression of this parasite. 

Stelling on Soccer Saturday with the moron Dawson saying Rodgers is being forced to shop in Aldi because of the Khristiansen move. Selling Fofana and then replacing him with Khristiansen is an immediate down grade according to them.

Dickheads where did we buy Fofana from ? Barcelona ? No. 

How about Mahrez

kante

vardy

ndidi

Maddison

even tielemans

THIS IS HOW WE DO BUSINESS! It’s our best way of competing. But now it’s a hinderance for Rodgers after we gave him the best squad the parasite has worked with his entire career (and that includes his stint at Liverpool). It’s now a hinderance ?

**** right off

A reason for the media not being on his case is mainly down to not being that many players who have played for us in the media. 

I'd bet there's a lot more pressure on Moyes or Lampard given both those clubs have more of a media presence.

I wonder was the same 'he's a top manager' cobblers said about Brent before Liverpool showed him the door. 

37 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The other thing I know annoys many is the media impression of this parasite. 

Stelling on Soccer Saturday with the moron Dawson saying Rodgers is being forced to shop in Aldi because of the Khristiansen move. Selling Fofana and then replacing him with Khristiansen is an immediate down grade according to them.

Dickheads where did we buy Fofana from ? Barcelona ? No. 

How about Mahrez

kante

vardy

ndidi

Maddison

even tielemans

THIS IS HOW WE DO BUSINESS! It’s our best way of competing. But now it’s a hinderance for Rodgers after we gave him the best squad the parasite has worked with his entire career (and that includes his stint at Liverpool). It’s now a hinderance ?

**** right off

I take it they gave no alternative names to Kristiansen, too? Lad hasn't even trained with us and pundits are disrespecting him. Totally unfair.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If you think his good enough good for you.

Just another piece of deadwood to chop for me.

Papy Mendy doesn't work in the system and tactics that we play, though that seems to be the case for a number of others too, but he is clearly not a bad player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

BR: my inexperienced players aren’t good enough for me in this league

Also BR: that 18 year old and anyone who plays for the opposition is a fantastic player

Yes where are our 18 year old impact subs ? Rotting on the bench in league 2 …

14 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

"You have to respect the players".....having literally just massively disrespected them.

It's only ever about Brand Brendan. How can anyone at our club still have any respect for the man. This is breathtakingly poor man management.

The only thing he cares about is the money. Give him his payoff and get someone in who actually cares about the club.

This man never takes responsibility. He has the same players as he had last season and the seasons before pretty much. Yes, there are injuries but the players on the pitch were not “shit” in previous seasons. And what the hell did he do to Soyuncu?? One of the best in the past now he could not even get a sniff. Barnes has regressed massively. He has made them all shit and he has thrown everyone under the bus.  

If there was any doubt of his mentality, it is his latest spin on how the fans have turned on the board because of lack of transfer dealings. Yes, we like some, but those who were not satisfied are not satisfied at not sacking him but he has not mentioned that. He only cares about Brand Brendon. He has completely lost any respect I had for him.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not defending him at all, but recruitment at a club isn’t just the manager. I don’t think it’s just Brendan that’s the problem…

Errrrr  to "quote" some BR interview BS.

He has spouted off in the past on one of his arrogant arsehole moments with regards to transfers, that there won't be a player coming to the club he doesn't want.

It was something along the lines of (pls note I'm not quoting verbatim here) It starts with me, ends with me and a little bit in the middle... (please someone feel free to confirm the exact quote) so that is until recently, when it appears that the club is finally clawing back some control with regards to transfers  so to a very high degree it is the cretinous little dwarfs fault...with regards to poor transfers 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

I take it they gave no alternative names to Kristiansen, too? Lad hasn't even trained with us and pundits are disrespecting him. Totally unfair.

Typical media bullshit. When we are selling Khristiansen in a few years for £75m they’ll be telling us how lucky we were to have him. 

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

That’s 5 times we’ve blown a lead at home in the last 10 minutes since the start of last year. Plus Southampton where we turned a draw into a loss. That’s absolutely unacceptable, that sort of thing should be happening once or twice a year, as it is it’s happening once every 3 or 4 games.

No late winners/equalisers in that time either.

You can (erroneously in my opinion) make excuses for Rodgers for the quality of the players at his disposal but the mentality of this side is appalling and that is very much something which comes from the manager.

That said, I think that generally speaking Rodgers got the tactics right today. You could see that we were standing off the 2 centre backs and rightly so as De Zerbi’s Brighton like to tempt a press and then quickly play through it with one or two passes. We did well not to engage I thought and even then Brighton were able to get through that way a few times. In attack the long ball to Barnes worked but was let down by a lack of end product in open play.

But once again what today showed was what a properly coached side looks like. The movement off the ball from Brighton, the set patterns of (forward, quick) passing, the way that when changes were forced players just slotted in and knew what they were doing straightaway - all hallmarks of a well coached side. Meanwhile we continue to be ponderous in possession and easy to play through.

I disagree with those who pick at things like the substitutions and small tactical details. Generally I don’t think that’s where we’re failing or where we’re seeing Rodgers’s shortcomings at the moment. If the players aren’t motivated and coached well any formation/tactics in the world are not going to help. That’s where our problem lies.

👏👏👏👏👏

Also a side that has lost 4 key players and a manager since last season.

Let's be honest,  they were different gravey to us today,  we took our chances and hung in as best we could

But we were nowhere near their level.

Even Danny Welbeck does a good holding job for them 

I take some positives from his Kristiansen comments. You don’t go and spend money on a player and give him a 5 1/2 year contract on a whim, the club obviously has a plan on how they want to operate in place and they’ll proceed with it seemingly regardless of what Rodgers wants, and if Rodgers doesn’t adapt or get on board they’ll have to act.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Jermaine Jenas comments MOTD. WTF!

The team is working hard. The desire is there but they just need to be a bit more intelligent. 

He then pinpoints how both Daka and Vardy dropped so deep into our half once we got 2-1 up that we didn’t have an outlet. 

WHOSE ****ING TACTICS/INSTRUCTIONS ?? 

It’s like we are stuck in a matrix and only Leicester fans can see what is happening.

He who questions the gospel of Brendan is guilty of heresy and shall be burnt at the stake.

He's doing brilliantly to keep us out of the bottom 3 and it's largely his tactical nous that has got us up to 14th. It's remarkable we have this many points with the squad we've got and considering what other clubs have spent.

At least, that's the narrative he's been spinning in his interviews all season (and last) and the thick twats in the media just lap it up and repeat verbatim. If any of them ever bothered to do even a modicum of research or actually watched us play then they'd see what's really happening.

He does my bloody head in but I've got it to hand it to Martin Keown, one of the very few to actually look at how we're playing and call out Brendan for his bullshit comments and sub-par management.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

Brendan’s tenure of the club is like he’s run a bath. He started it nice and hot with lots of bubbles. Then it gradually cooled until last year when it became lukewarm and no one wanted to get in. Now it’s stone cold, he’s pulled the plug and everything is going down the hole. 

• Haha 3

Watching MotD - we've lost more points from winning positions than any other club. THAT'S DOWN TO THE ****ING MANAGER. Sorry for shouting but he winds me up. Horrible man. Rubbish manager of people.  How can anyone who supports Leicester not want him gone?

Edited by trabuch

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

That’s 5 times we’ve blown a lead at home in the last 10 minutes since the start of last year. Plus Southampton where we turned a draw into a loss. That’s absolutely unacceptable, that sort of thing should be happening once or twice a year, as it is it’s happening once every 3 or 4 games.

No late winners/equalisers in that time either.

You can (erroneously in my opinion) make excuses for Rodgers for the quality of the players at his disposal but the mentality of this side is appalling and that is very much something which comes from the manager.

That said, I think that generally speaking Rodgers got the tactics right today. You could see that we were standing off the 2 centre backs and rightly so as De Zerbi’s Brighton like to tempt a press and then quickly play through it with one or two passes. We did well not to engage I thought and even then Brighton were able to get through that way a few times. In attack the long ball to Barnes worked but was let down by a lack of end product in open play.

But once again what today showed was what a properly coached side looks like. The movement off the ball from Brighton, the set patterns of (forward, quick) passing, the way that when changes were forced players just slotted in and knew what they were doing straightaway - all hallmarks of a well coached side. Meanwhile we continue to be ponderous in possession and easy to play through.

I disagree with those who pick at things like the substitutions and small tactical details. Generally I don’t think that’s where we’re failing or where we’re seeing Rodgers’s shortcomings at the moment. If the players aren’t motivated and coached well any formation/tactics in the world are not going to help. That’s where our problem lies.

A good post but I just want to pick on the worst tactic I have ever seen us play and how nothing changes it.

Passing around at the back. They pressed the **** out of us and still we persisted. We have a quick attack and a quick goal kick could have left us 3 on 1.

And to add insult to injury, when they passed out from the back, we did not press at all.

No way is that all on the players, at either end.

The man has lost it.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Thanks 1

You can't even take any comfort that at least relegation will tarnish his reputation and he'll lose his elite coach status.

People will still stick up for him and point to Eddie Howe relegating Bournemouth and now look at him at Newcastle.

Let's hope that FA Cup triumph was worth it because the pain from this will be quite something.

• Like 2