Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Brendan’s tenure of the club is like he’s run a bath. He started it nice and hot with lots of bubbles. Then it gradually cooled until last year when it became lukewarm and no one wanted to get in. Now it’s stone cold, he’s pulled the plug and everything is going down the hole. 

And the remnants of the bath contain pubes, fine dirt and flaked skin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxinsox said:

Yes but Mendy did win both AFCON and play in the WC in the last year, it isn't ancient times.

And whilst rotting with us (I was going to say on the bench but most of it he wasn't even in the ****ing squad!)

Edited by gw_leics772

53 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Jermaine Jenas comments MOTD. WTF!

The team is working hard. The desire is there but they just need to be a bit more intelligent. 

He then pinpoints how both Daka and Vardy dropped so deep into our half once we got 2-1 up that we didn’t have an outlet. 

WHOSE ****ING TACTICS/INSTRUCTIONS ?? 

It’s like we are stuck in a matrix and only Leicester fans can see what is happening.

You’re better off listening to primary school children than any BBC pundit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

So in 4 years under his watch he's brought in 12 players (half a squad) and yet apparently we lack quality. 

I was sure he'd previously praised the quality of the squad in the past so thought I'd quickly google it, and whilst he doesn't seem to praise the collective quality of the squad there's been occasions with many of the players where he's praised individual quality. 

Something I did notice however which is rather scary is the following:

Screenshot_20230121_214639_com.opera.browser_edit_2413799104966578.thumb.jpg.584eb04b509d7cd270267f2ce4aba133.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_204631_com.opera.browser_edit_2413810148351472.thumb.jpg.6734d193a79f3655f6024ff641129280.jpg

Seems to be a theme emerging... 

Also go back to this interview from December 2020 (https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12152883/rodgers-has-faith-in-leicesters-quality/more/5) he states "... what gives me optimism with this group of players is their quality, their enthusiasm, their spirit, and also the trust that they have in what we are doing".

Since then the only major departures have been Fofana, and Schmeichel, whilst both Fuchs and Morgan departed the squad having been bit part player's. He's since brought in 6 player's including 2 CBs, 1 GK, and 1 LB plus a CM and ST. Now admittedly Fofana (when he played) and Schmeichel are big losses but to describe the current team as being "...nowhere near the level I'd want it to be, in terms of quality." is quite a statement given that he's the person who has overseen the squad for the past two years since heralding their quality, not a lot has drastically changed in terms of personnel, and he's a self proclaimed 'good' coach which surely means that the expectation would be for the players to improve not regress. 

To me it's just constant BS Bingo with him and how on earth he's still in a job I have no idea. The constant bashing of the club is inexcusable, the sooner he goes the better for everyone concerned. 

It’s been noted before - exactly this ⬆️ is the common thread at Rodgers clubs. 

As Ian Marshall said recently, when he finally gets around to putting his own stamp on a team after 2 years or so things begin to go south. But not his fault though… 🤣 

• Sad 1

I'm fascinated who he's talking about who aren't good enough on the ball and who of the players missing are, as he refers to?

Soumare is probably the obvious one but he was praising Mendy only a week ago as one of only a few who pass the ball well 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm fascinated who he's talking about who aren't good enough on the ball and who of the players missing are, as he refers to?

Soumare is probably the obvious one but he was praising Mendy only a week ago as one of only a few who pass the ball well 😂😂😂

He's a bullshitter. Respect in a way - he's managed to get himself very well paid.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Could you imagine if a player said this?

“That’s where the manager is at. He's nowhere near the level we would want him to be, in terms of quality." "But you have to respect the manager as he's the only one available, he's doing a bit of managing and giving his everything. He's so short in many areas (literally)."

Brendan's face would go so red he'd end up in the Trent

7 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

What a w**ker of a manager we have: 

The audacity to come out and say that when you've been managing the team for nearly 4 years! Defensive organisation and mentality is his job. His post match comments today were admitting he's done a shit job, but he thinks it's all the players fault.

Get out of my club! 🤬

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not defending him at all, but recruitment at a club isn’t just the manager. I don’t think it’s just Brendan that’s the problem…

Whilst I'm sure others are culpable, after 4 years you can't say this isn't his squad and if it's not good enough you have to ask him why.

• Like 2

I just cannot stand him being here. It's genuinely sucking any enjoyment out of football for me. It's not that he's just the most overrated manager in football but circumstance seems to mean we're stuck with him no matter what. I'm so fed up of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Jermaine Jenas comments MOTD. WTF!

The team is working hard. The desire is there but they just need to be a bit more intelligent. 

He then pinpoints how both Daka and Vardy dropped so deep into our half once we got 2-1 up that we didn’t have an outlet. 

WHOSE ****ING TACTICS/INSTRUCTIONS ?? 

It’s like we are stuck in a matrix and only Leicester fans can see what is happening.

Art of creating alternative facts and an alternate universe or multiverse.

11 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Can't help but feel he has been incredibly fortunate today. 

That shithouse draw was almost the worst result possible in a strange way.

As usual. Sickening. It's always just enough to keep his head above water. These are very fine margins and it will relegate us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Well it certainly can’t be big Dan. The lad plays with flippers on. Yes we continue to play out from the back……

• Like 1

So if the reporters and journalists are confused, baffled and feel his comments are “contradictory” why don’t they follow up his answers, press him, ask him to explain and elaborate?

Instead of accepting it and letting him get away with it, then asking the questions rhetorically on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

So if the reporters and journalists are confused, baffled and feel his comments are “contradictory” why don’t they follow up his answers, press him, ask him to explain and elaborate?

Instead of accepting it and letting him get away with it, then asking the questions rhetorically on Twitter.

Because of what happened to Stringer. They are scared of losing access. 

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Could you imagine if a player said this?

“That’s where the manager is at. He's nowhere near the level we would want him to be, in terms of quality." "But you have to respect the manager as he's the only one available, he's doing a bit of managing and giving his everything. He's so short in many areas (literally)."

Would love a player to come out with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because of what happened to Stringer. They are scared of losing access. 

They can't ban everyone, the manager, players and club obliged to do media duties.

Also, they're not doing their job and surely banning anyone for asking simple questions or to elaborate on any answers given looks worse on Rodgers and/or the club? 

Other clubs and managers feathers get ruffled from time to time - Why should Rodgers be any different? He puts these contradictory answers out there. 

Edited by Matt

What is there to be said that hasn’t been over and over. It’s hardly surprising that fans and players alike have given up.

I literally felt no emotion at all at the goals today. Whether that’s a mix of just being ground down and sad at the state of the club and knowing that we weren’t going to win the game anyway I don’t know.

I think it’s important to separate the human aspect to the job being done, I.e I didn’t like the abuse Puel received from many (probably the same people who are up BR’s arse) as whatever the job on the pitch, he seemed like a really good man. Plus he was great for the club overall.

Rodgers, he just seems like a horrible, slimy, greasy little man who I would want to leave a room if he entered it. Cannot wish him well in anything he does in the future. Oxygen thief!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just an alternative thought...maybe BR going on and on and on about lack of quality players just might get the board to spend. He is right really even though some are his signings and arguably these comments could de-motivate some players. On the other hand some players might want to prove him wrong....they're not all delicate flowers. We need new players. Maybe BR is doing the pestering thing kids do.  Let's say it works and we get some players in that rejuvenate things. BR will leave one day and we may be in a better state if even just one signing turns into a gem. 

• Haha 1