Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Wasn’t just Daka that was to blame. His mistake started it, but Mendy should have tracked, amartey shouldn’t have had a brain fart, no communication. I would also argue tactics played a part. Why was Daka so deep? Why did we defend for so long with no outlet. All of it contributed to that goal and overall, the result. Brendan is much to blame as the players. 1st goal granted that was an error and a great finish, that I can accept, but for someone to jog into the box and not to be picked up is criminal defending. 

You're right tactics did play a part but also, I think, it's fear that keeps the players back. That's where we are at now unless we go 4 nil up (😆).

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Both can be true, if you recognise an opposition is better in possession than you letting them have the ball is perfectly acceptable, when you get your 30-40% possession, you have to better with it. Tielemans was very good with the ball, Barnes  could of helped us just keep the ball a bit better, an ease the pressure.

The problem with that is that THIS current squad HAS shown that it dominates teams such as Brighton and bottom half teams in the past. Imo this is about Rodgers showing consistent perseverance to get funds into the team by all means necessary but not getting it.

I hate saying it like that because I hate Rodgers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Wasn’t just Daka that was to blame. His mistake started it, but Mendy should have tracked, amartey shouldn’t have had a brain fart, no communication. I would also argue tactics played a part. Why was Daka so deep? Why did we defend for so long with no outlet. All of it contributed to that goal and overall, the result. Brendan is much to blame as the players. 1st goal granted that was an error and a great finish, that I can accept, but for someone to jog into the box and not to be picked up is criminal defending. 

This is exactly what the MOTD pundits said, we had no outlet to relieve the pressure because both Vardy before he was subbed and Daka were too deep and the end of the game. Amartey was also criticized for being too deep and positioned behind Faes which gave Ferguson the space to run into and score.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Livid said:

I don’t know what he says in private or what has happened with certain player’s for them to fall out of favour. 

What I do know is that he stubbornly persists with the same tactics week after week when we really need to try something different. 

And in the meantime tells everyone that the players can't play that style of football 

What a complete and utter knobber

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The problem with that is that THIS current squad HAS shown that it dominates teams such as Brighton and bottom half teams in the past.

They're not the same Brighton and they're currently in the top 6 for a reason.We've given them far too much respect tactically but it nearly paid off. Honestly though we're going to have to do this more often this season to grind out results aren't we. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our strategy is to rely on Everton. Southampton and +1 to be crappier than us.

Only problem is Everton and probably another club will pull the trigger, we won’t and they’ll get a manager bounce for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

he's a fantastic example. for all his tactical shortcomings, he was a fantastic motivator. If you weren't on board with him you were gone, but if you were he had your back to the hilt. Dude would run through a wall for his players, picked fights with fans, opposing players and journalists to take pressure off the players. Rodgers doesn't do anything of the sort and will throw them under the bus at a moment's notice to distract from his own failings. 

Yeah correct, I didn’t explain my point very well. Completely agree with what you’ve said above! 

Point I was attempting to make is that Pearson wasn’t afraid to slate the team if we’d played poorly, except he knew how/when to phrase that. BR just slags em for the sake of it. Sometimes it’s due, but right now that isn’t helping anybody. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yeah correct, I didn’t explain my point very well. Completely agree with what you’ve said above! 

Point I was attempting to make is that Pearson wasn’t afraid to slate the team if we’d played poorly, except he knew how/when to phrase that. BR just slags em for the sake of it. Sometimes it’s due, but right now that isn’t helping anybody. 

He also made the exact point I was trying to make. So considering you were sort of disagreeing with me, @The Doctorhas put an excellent post that is the point we were both trying to make!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our strategy is to rely on Everton. Southampton and +1 to be crappier than us.

To be fair, they are. Everton, Southampton, Wolves and Bournemouth are in real trouble. But we’re screwed if just two of those get a new manager and/or find form. Yesterday was a sloppy loss which could have been avoided. 

Noticed he was very animated yesterday, flapping like a seagull at one point, normally stands with is arms crossed, hands in pockets or praying with is little black prayer book, must have wanted to look like he cared or was he under pressure for a result?

Just now, ithuriel said:

Noticed he was very animated yesterday, flapping like a seagull at one point, normally stands with is arms crossed, hands in pockets or praying with is little black prayer book, must have wanted to look like he cared or was he under pressure for a result?

Top was behind him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

To be fair, they are. Everton, Southampton, Wolves and Bournemouth are in real trouble. But we’re screwed if just two of those get a new manager and/or find form. Yesterday was a sloppy loss which could have been avoided. 

I think  Wolves will be ok with their new manager. I suppose it depends if he can get them scoring more as that’s been their problem for years under Nuno and then Lage.

He was getting v irate yesterday when the players turned back when a forward pass was on. The players have no confidence. Thomas sees a new guy in his position and his mantra becomes ‘no mistakes’ - so he turns back to faes every time rather than play to Barnes and push on 

Rodgers doesn’t want them to be playing safe and hiding from the ball but it’s a consequence of them having no confidence which is fundamentally down to him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are we over estimating post match comments? Perhaps 

Does his self protective style of communication just wedge a greater gap between him and us fans? 100%

I can’t stand the bloke but just want to see one of our players take the bull by the horns whilst on the pitch…this passive 5hit that we’re seeing is making me dislike the players almost as much as Rodgers if being honest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think  Wolves will be ok with their new manager. I suppose it depends if he can get them scoring more as that’s been their problem for years under Nuno and then Lage.

Best case scenario based entirely on my own opinions of clubs - Everton, Forest and Southampton go down. Would like Wolves, Bournemouth and West Ham to scrape by, and would be over the moon if we finish where we currently are. But Feb is going to be a cruel month for us and Florist are likely to pick up 3-6 points.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was getting v irate yesterday when the players turned back when a forward pass was on. The players have no confidence. Thomas sees a new guy in his position and his mantra becomes ‘no mistakes’ - so he turns back to faes every time rather than play to Barnes and push on 

Rodgers doesn’t want them to be playing safe and hiding from the ball but it’s a consequence of them having no confidence which is fundamentally down to him. 

You may misunderstand me - there is a huge difference between playing safe and playing passes snappily to move the opposition around and create overloads.  We used to do the latter in his first two years  - we haven’t for the past two  …..  I’d love a coach like de zerbi here (assuming we could have a recruitment system as good as theirs) 

• Like 1