Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Are we over estimating post match comments? Perhaps 

Does his self protective style of communication just wedge a greater gap between him and us fans? 100%

I can’t stand the bloke but just want to see one of our players take the bull by the horns whilst on the pitch…this passive 5hit that we’re seeing is making me dislike the players almost as much as Rodgers if being honest.

I agree. Going forward with whoever is in charge I'd like to see some Argentine/Italian players here. Many of them play with a bit of spite, can mix it up and are technically usually good. Yesterday we should have been rolling around on the floor in the last 10 like Fulham did. I don't like it but needs must.

20 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Best case scenario based entirely on my own opinions of clubs - Everton, Forest and Southampton go down. Would like Wolves, Bournemouth and West Ham to scrape by, and would be over the moon if we finish where we currently are. But Feb is going to be a cruel month for us and Florist are likely to pick up 3-6 points.

I’d swap Southampton for Bournemouth but otherwise agree. Would take 17th on GD right now!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

They can't ban everyone, the manager, players and club obliged to do media duties.

Also, they're not doing their job and surely banning anyone for asking simple questions or to elaborate on any answers given looks worse on Rodgers and/or the club? 

Other clubs and managers feathers get ruffled from time to time - Why should Rodgers be any different? He puts these contradictory answers out there. 

They can ban the local outlets like they have done in the past, the guys who’s careers mostly depend on their access being allowed. 

They’ll of course not ban the faceless national journos who are lazy and just regurgitate lazy tropes. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

They can ban the local outlets like they have done in the past, the guys who’s careers mostly depend on their access being allowed. 

They’ll of course not ban the faceless national journos who are lazy and just regurgitate lazy tropes. 

I'd say thats all the Leicester Mercury does anyway.

Never known such clickbait.

12 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

A reason for the media not being on his case is mainly down to not being that many players who have played for us in the media. 

I'd bet there's a lot more pressure on Moyes or Lampard given both those clubs have more of a media presence.

I wonder was the same 'he's a top manager' cobblers said about Brent before Liverpool showed him the door. 

We have quite a few ex players in the media keown, lineker, Dublin, savage, Alan smith all used to play for us off the top of my head just none of them seem to be willing to call out Rodgers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We have quite a few ex players in the media keown, lineker, Dublin, savage, Alan smith all used to play for us off the top of my head just none of them seem to be willing to call out Rodgers 

Keown has. However from your list, at least three of them don’t look upon the club very fondly, so I wouldn’t expect any favours.

Even if the parasites comments on signing can be believed (its horseshit - he’s been given every Penny back except the Fofana money), our problems are down to basic coaching. Lack of determination and consistently doing the bad things…well, consistently. 

The owner needs to grow up and realise that he is breaking everything that was given to him by acting like a coward. This club will be set back years if Rodgers isn’t got rid off. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Keown has. However from your list, at least three of them don’t look upon the club very fondly, so I wouldn’t expect any favours.

Oh yes I wasn’t saying that they all look at us favourably only line Kate and Dublin from that list do. Just countering the point that there aren’t many people in the media that have played for us as I think there are quite a few

2 hours ago, Rossiter said:

Some people respond to encouragement, some to a bollocking/criticism. Most, in my view, a bit of both. At LCFC at the moment it's a mess. He knows it. We know it. I'm not a BR fan but maybe he's just trying anything now. In my view, he is at the stage of trying to get new players in now by saying what he has is not up to it and is prepared to criticise. It's a risky strategy but when dealing with people nothing is straightforward. Yesterday  could have been a win (undeserved imo). Daka comes on and messes up. Not tactics. Just a mistake. 

Well he's been saying the players aren't good enough for a season and a half and it's not got a reaction so if that's the case it quite obviously doesn't work. So what's the excuse for not changing the approach then? 

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Who is Rodgers clapping during the game then? Is he clapping himself?

That’s his elite level man management motivation skills coming into play. Clapping at the right time for the correct duration is a skill, it’s what sets him apart from all these other managers who would probably take us down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well he's been saying the players aren't good enough for a season and a half and it's not got a reaction so if that's the case it quite obviously doesn't work. So what's the excuse for not changing the approach then? 

Fair enough. Maybe it got a reaction in the nice run before the World Cup. Who knows for sure anymore? He might get enough of a reaction to get to safety from the drop. 

I'd imagine the board are quite open with him about what resources he has available. If he doesn't feel it is good enough, he can walk away. 

But no, this stupid sport sets it out that he'll get his money regardless of how he performs or behaves.

New signings are all well and good but if we lose the next two we still won't have done enough. He can overhaul the squad in the summer and there will be other excuses. 

• Like 1

It has probably already been said but why is Rodgers saying that ‘there’s a number of players who don’t care enough’ and then in the same interview, saying ‘you have to respect the available players, they’re giving everything.’ 

What on earth is he talking about, constantly talking in riddles and contradicting himself means that the message he is sending out in the media is so unclear. So much for his ‘elite level’ managerial skills….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

De Zerbi and Emery show what you can do if you actually put some clever thinking into your next manager. Silva the same at Fulham (although he's been their longer). Very well organised teams where everyone knows what they are doing. Although we were largely setup to nullify them yesterday, i was very impressed with Brighton. Always good shape and direct when made sense to do so. What i would give right now to have a De Zerbi showing passion on the touchline, rather than the notepad writing mini hand clapping dreary munchkin we have right now.

Ferguson's interview was top notch after the game; 'With this gaffer we always have belief and we don't ever think the game is lost - we always have that fighting chance'

What these managers could do with our players actually scares me, and makes me sad that the last 18 months in particular have been wasted.

Fully agree with this post. Brighton really impressed me yesterday, I thought they were incredibly well-drilled and deserved to win the game (based on the chances created). The fact that our squad has been assembled for a larger cost makes it a bitter pill to swallow.

It’s just so irritating, as like you say, there are good managers out there if you are brave enough to make a change. I am so desperate for somebody to come in with fresh ideas and instil some fight back into the club.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1