Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd imagine the board are quite open with him about what resources he has available. If he doesn't feel it is good enough, he can walk away. 

But no, this stupid sport sets it out that he'll get his money regardless of how he performs or behaves.

New signings are all well and good but if we lose the next two we still won't have done enough. He can overhaul the squad in the summer and there will be other excuses. 

Surely he will be gone in the Summer - the only question is what league we will be in.

As he seems to alienate more of his squad it will be some achievement if we stay up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I heard the interview and thought it was strange that he was intimating that he was not part of the process of bringing in Kristiansen!!!

So, what has happened is that he appears to be saying that he has no hand in the players coming in when he was shouting that no one comes in without his approval and the fact that he claimed to have had numerous calls in the summer window attempting to bring players in.

Yes and if you remember, apparently he spent his summer holidays speaking to players he wanted to bring in only to find there was no money to do so. So involved? Or not involved? Take your pick…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Sorry no, I don't agree.

This is Rodgers acting the same as he always has at every club towards (hopefully in our case ) the end of his nightmare raigns,  he finds a 'Reputation Saving' excuse and uses the media to  help him spread his BS to the world. 

In our case, its lack of financial backing,  It started pre season  with th lack of the needed re fresh narrative (I would be surprised if he didn't have at least some inkling of what the financial standing of the club at that point was  and wished for something he knew he'd never get) and it was carried on at the beginning of the January's transfer window about the lack of money again.

Its the continual digs at every media opportunity, it was the subject he gave most time too and put the most emphasis on  but always pops in a little token gesture quip of how great the owners are.  

And it's worked. How many times did we hear match commentators mention his lack of spending as a reason for our struggles a day or so after the press conference?

His latest dig that some of the players aren't good enough and are not doing what he wants on the pitch, will be the next seed he plant's  

The end result is he walks away once eventually sacked with a 'Well it wasn't my fault' excuse  to the tune of  I was't back and  look at the sh1t players I couldn't replace..remember, I'm not a magician.

No mate your a fraud, but if you could  manage a team as well as you spin the media we'd be playing champions league football.

You took that 100% out of perspective and also highlighted one line only which wasn't helpful at all.

I've said many times my feelings on Rodgers, just go and read them before pigeon holing me into something that you find I'm the opposite of.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

You took that 100% out of perspective and also highlighted one line only which wasn't helpful at all.

I've said many times my feelings on Rodgers, just go and read them before pigeon holing me into something that you find I'm the opposite of.

How have I taken this out of perspective.. you quoted  

Imo this is about Rodgers showing consistent perseverance to get funds into the team by all means necessary but not getting it.

All I did was disagree with you on this line. (Its the reason for the existence of HYS Forums to post differen tviews)

I then pointed out  that in my view  he wasn't trying to achieved the goal you suggested  of obtaing funds but again IMO he was performing his self preservation act in the media  I then went on to quantity my opinion as to why I believe in my point/post.

Not once in my post did I mention YOUR views on Rodgers and I certainly haven't Pigeon holded you into anything.. all I've done is post an opposite opinion to you. On what you think Rodgers motives are and what he's trying to achieve with his remarks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Noticed he was very animated yesterday, flapping like a seagull at one point, normally stands with is arms crossed, hands in pockets or praying with is little black prayer book, must have wanted to look like he cared or was he under pressure for a result?

No he was flapping about during the Newcastle game as well, having a go at Amartey… yet he plays him every week. 

29 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

How have I taken this out of perspective.. you quoted  

Imo this is about Rodgers showing consistent perseverance to get funds into the team by all means necessary but not getting it.

All I did was disagree with you on this line. (Its the reason for the existence of HYS Forums to post differen tviews)

I then pointed out  that in my view  he wasn't trying to achieved the goal you suggested  of obtaing funds but again IMO he was performing his self preservation act in the media  I then went on to quantity my opinion as to why I believe in my point/post.

Not once in my post did I mention YOUR views on Rodgers and I certainly haven't Pigeon holded you into anything.. all I've done is post an opposite opinion to you. On what you think Rodgers motives are and what he's trying to achieve with his remarks.

That suggestion is if looked at from all angles, personnel and departments in the club from their perspectives as a singular objective including for BR which is the one I gave in my original post. 

You are attempting to take my comments out of context from the quote I left and the string of other qoutes within that chain. 

Best leave this one alone tbh

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Yes and if you remember, apparently he spent his summer holidays speaking to players he wanted to bring in only to find there was no money to do so. So involved? Or not involved? Take your pick…

That fans,still try and hold managers despite their wordings haven't yet understood,no PL manager has any sway,outside small wishes - only suggestions..

Is worse than Rodgers holding onto his position.....Fans gullable to believe and hang onto everybody in the spiel of spiel of the ultimate game...

Clickbait- prey everytime FT..the worse of all

Not going to get on his back for saying it's good to have quality back in the team, because it's quite clear that KDH and Maddison have been missed. 

Says too many times we've not collectively worked together, but that we did it really, really well yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

It's mystifying when he critisisis all our shortcomings in interview absolutely oblivious that it might be him the one responsible to sort it out!

It's like a Gardner being totally responsible for plants and flowers, not watering them and then when they've all died being interviewed about it and saying "the plants hadn't been watered very well so they all died, but we'll move on to next year..."

The guy has zero accountability! 

Perfect analogy lol 

It's half the job to be aware or observe the shortcomings. The more important other half, as a manager, would be try and do something about it.

Why is the team not collectively working together? 

He's got the questions, but consistently failed to find the answers.

You can make allowances for the odd lapse in concentration by one player once/twice in a season. But it's every game. At some point alarm bells should be ringing as to why, and ask himself what can I do about this?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's mystifying when he critisisis all our shortcomings in interview absolutely oblivious that it might be him the one responsible to sort it out!

It's like a gardner being totally responsible for plants and flowers, not watering them and then when they've all died being interviewed about it and saying "the plants hadn't been watered very well so they all died, but we'll move on to next year..."

He’d dig the flowers out more than that!! “They’ve literally wilted under pressure, no amount of watering can make up for the lack of desire and quality in the flowering third”

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's like a gardner being totally responsible for plants and flowers, not watering them and then when they've all died being interviewed about it and saying "the plants hadn't been watered very well so they all died, but we'll move on to next year..."

Then moans that he’s not given more money to buy flowers, when all he’s bought prior are weeds.

• Haha 2

Honestly I'm here for it, for when in a few weeks or when the rebuild happens that he says we aren't as fortunate as the clubs who have settled sides with players who have been there years and its going to take time for the team to unite and grow.

Like last season when he bemoaned we weren't experienced enough as a side, it was a staggering excuse to use.

• Like 3

It's a real hard watch at the minute, every match we play, I sense a loss, or a draw at best, "Fearless Foxes" is a Motto, by which the owner "Top" should hold everyone, and I mean everyone at the club too account over, anything less is unacceptable.

As it stands it's just a strap line with no meaning.

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

So how do you explain Lee Congerton being appointed head of recruitment? Nothing to do with BR - he just impressed the club with his track record at Celtic - is that it? 

All managers will bring in people they have worked with...good or bad...

I with many didn't understand his appointment...but there are always ones that don't quite fit...Pep & klopp,and Ranieri had some bad calls,then changed or stuck with them...

Crucifying every move don't make one a good judge...It's easy to fall over other people's failures....There is nowhere you can go with it...The fact he was moved on shows mistakes can be rendered...Just yapping over negatives don't make wise kings...

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not going to get on his back for saying it's good to have quality back in the team, because it's quite clear that KDH and Maddison have been missed. 

Says too many times we've not collectively worked together, but that we did it really, really well yesterday. 

20230122_142828.jpg