Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Keep seeing people mentioning KDH coming back, I agree that he’s better than Mendy and he should be in the side, but honestly I just don’t rate him massively, I think he is good enough for the premier league but Honestly I don’t see him being any more than average. Good squad player but won’t ever reach the potential of Madders or Tielemans, and not as good as Drinkwater was although not the same type of player. 

I like KDH but haven’t seen enough from him to rate him as highly as our fans seemingly do. 
He’s got one foot and he isn’t very dynamic. He’s good on the ball in tight spaces though. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Keep seeing people mentioning KDH coming back, I agree that he’s better than Mendy and he should be in the side, but honestly I just don’t rate him massively, I think he is good enough for the premier league but Honestly I don’t see him being any more than average. Good squad player but won’t ever reach the potential of Madders or Tielemans, and not as good as Drinkwater was although not the same type of player. 

I like KDH but haven’t seen enough from him to rate him as highly as our fans seemingly do. 
He’s got one foot and he isn’t very dynamic. He’s good on the ball in tight spaces though. 

I like KDH, and I think hes decent, although the fact he is so one footed is a weakness, and is why he sometimes turns into trouble or slows the play down. We miss his energy though when he's not playing, and I think we missed it when he came off yesterday too, or be it, it was replaced by more quality in Maddison. I like him and Maddison in the team though, I think it makes us better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He’d be nowhere near the team at the height of BrendanBall but he’s got an engine what is badly needed in our situation currently

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

30,000 fans all put in circa £300

Do the maths ,a small price to pay to save our club.?

Doing the maths it'd appear that'd be £300 (!) for your average working man when the billionaires at the top are the ones that should foot the bill for sacking the manager they persist with.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Doing the maths it'd appear that'd be £300 (!) for your average working man when the billionaires at the top are the ones that should foot the bill for sacking the manager they persist with.

If @cropstonfox goes first and deposits £300 into the sack Brendan fund, I’ll go after him. DM me for the PayPal 

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He’d be nowhere near the team at the height of BrendanBall but he’s got an engine what is badly needed in our situation currently

I don’t think he’s had the chance to impress in a decent team. He’d look really good in a competent side I think.

• Like 2

Only just caught up on MOTD. Nice that they noticed we have a single striker dropping really deep at different times (Vardy, then Daka) but don't point out that that is clearly due to manager instruction. Has happened so often under Rodgers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt said:

So if the reporters and journalists are confused, baffled and feel his comments are “contradictory” why don’t they follow up his answers, press him, ask him to explain and elaborate?

Instead of accepting it and letting him get away with it, then asking the questions rhetorically on Twitter.

Guessing they dont want to be banned from asking him questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Brendan has never looked like he regretted leaving Celtic for us....put yourself in his position for moment...he could be in double figures on silverware by now..

.. Celtic could not afford to pay him what we have chosen to  do!!!

Coming back to the Premier league was redemption for him, irrespective of what he achieved at Celtic, it all pales into insignificance if he does not show he can be successful in this league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He’s the only player we have that’s got the slightest bit of nastiness in him with his tackling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The way we play, we desperately need his energy and pressing high up the pitch.  He may not be the most talented player in our squad but he offers something that the others don’t have 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Matt said:

So if the reporters and journalists are confused, baffled and feel his comments are “contradictory” why don’t they follow up his answers, press him, ask him to explain and elaborate?

Instead of accepting it and letting him get away with it, then asking the questions rhetorically on Twitter.

They seemingly don’t want to upset the garbling goblin 

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Guessing they dont want to be banned from asking him questions.

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

They seemingly don’t want to upset the garbling goblin 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

They can't ban everyone, the manager, players and club obliged to do media duties.

Also, they're not doing their job and surely banning anyone for asking simple questions or to elaborate on any answers given looks worse on Rodgers and/or the club? 

Other clubs and managers feathers get ruffled from time to time - Why should Rodgers be any different? He puts these contradictory answers out there. 

12 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

KDH in the 2019/20 or 2020/21 sides would have looked electric. The fact is he's a decent / good player with some weaknesses and being a regular for a mid table PL club is comfortably where he's at.

I'm confident that should we have even an iota of an idea / ability to rebuild then KDH will be a valuable servant for us.

• Like 3