Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gone stale, busted flush, get rid etc etc.

He got it right today and I hope he continues to do so but we’ve been here before. A good result and performance will set up a decent run but the performances during that run will regress back to his favoured containment style of play.

I want it to be a turning point for him because he is so close to getting it right and taking us up to the next level but it seems like as soon as he gets close he tries to play it as safe as possible. 

Today has proven that as a team and squad we are much better when forcing the issue. At no point today did we sit back and defend to hold on to what we had. This was against one of the most expensive teams in the league containing one of the worlds greatest ever players.

Imagine what we could do to the rest of the fodder in the league if we played like this week in week out. 

• Like 1

Special mention to Soumare and Castange, absolutely outstanding from both of them which might go unnoticed as Youri and Vards will take the headlines.

Let this be a lesson to Brendan I hope. Just as I said for weeks - I don’t understand why he doesn’t play Ricardo and Castange even if one is out of position at LB it’s a huge difference to Betrand or Thomas!

Stick to those and get Evans in hopefully as a  constant and we’ll be ok.

Keep Vestergard and Bertrand off the pitch and we’ll perform more like that more often!

Credit to Brendan today, tactics spot on and that’s not in hindsight either.

Before the game I said ‘fair play he’s finally got it right, if it wasn’t for playing Man Utd we’d probably win today. It won’t be Brendans fault if we don’t win today, our squad is stretched and he’s finally dropped the crap’.

I was wrong, even against Utd we won and played fantastic.

Promising but we are vulnerable as any injury to anyone and we have crap back up. Need a CB in Jan as we can’t rely on Evans and Soyuncu to play every game.

• Like 1

Brendan has obviously spent time reflecting on his own performance as well as the teams. In previous games with us winning, BR would've taken Kelechi off for a defensive player. Today he brought on Daka to get another goal, and it worked. Kudos to him because he's realised that we are much better attacking and playing on the front foot. In fact the whole team was more positive, with more forward passing.

• Like 4

Credit where credits due, got it spot on, forward, attacking, positive, exciting and entertaining, hopefully this is the turning point and the way forward.

(Although on the spot on point i'm sure i'm not the only one who was worried when Evans was subbed for Vestergaard but next thing you know we've scored but everyone blamed us conceding when Nacho was took off v Palace so it's been flipped round this time.)

We lost on possession though.... :thumbdown:

(:P :ph34r:)

He got everything right but we need to remember the importance of Evans and all our other players out at the moment. It's not always the tactical side that let's us down, in fact, I think this season till now it's been defensive naivety that cost us more than anything. Let's certainly not boo our players again considering the injuries we still have in our squad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

He said so yesterday at his press….hope today makes people think they might be overeating slightly….right up there with our best days today…..

It looked like Shaw had been overeating slightly today.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Foxxed said:

7 matches. 8 points. 1.1 points per match on average. 42 points if we keep to this form. If we lose to United 38 points with this form. I don’t think it’s radical to suggest that’s relegation form. Hopefully we’ll beat United and turn the corner.

We were 13th in the table and even if you removed all our wins we still wouldn’t have been in the relegation places. Radical, no, stupid, yes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've always voted Stay on BR, but was just starting to question whether a change would be needed this season as we started the season so out of form.

But was I've been impressed with BR especially in the past 2 games is his recognition that we have not been good enough. He is trying different things and he deserved the 3 points yesterday for the changes he made